Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amrapali2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

I truly loved Ehsan and Viaan's friendship in the beginning. It was just so joyful. But to be honest, I am beginning to question Ehsan's friendship with Viaan after Thursday's episode. I have genuine question, guys; Ehsan has been close friends with Viaan since childhood, yet he is ready to talk ill about his close friend just to impress a girl he met a few months ago (with no actual basis for why he likes Katha)? 

I can sympathise for Ehsan for being hurt to be put in a position to suspect that his close friend might have history with a girl he romantically likes. But it's just baffling to think about whether all those years of friendship went useless when it comes to a romantic interest?

In Thursday's episode, Ehsan was talking to Katha as if he was almost forced to be friends with someone serious like Viaan just because they knew each other from childhood (due to their families). That made me reevaluate the basis of their whole friendship. 

Edited by amrapali2 - 1 years ago
vandana1965 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

He is getting on my nerves frankly. He is just too clingy and needs to back off a bit. And now his mom is imagining stuff too. Crazy people. 

Paulaonohi thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This is my POV. Viaan is a person who is closed off and has managed to only make one friend, Ehsan who has been by his side for many years through the good and the bad. In a way, he is dependent on Ehsan for companionship and he cherishes their friendship because he doesn’t need to hide when his with him. And up till now, we have seen this - a mutually encouraging dynamic between two men who have been best of friends since childhood and now partners. But now that Ehsan’s character is slowly turning negative, I wonder why the ruckus because I am not actually surprised. Even though we have only seen this good friend and funny guy for the past weeks, his quick spiral to showing up and Katha’s place unannounced or spilling Viaan’s past tells one a lot of the true nature of this friendship. Unlike Viaan, Ehsan is more extroverted, has no self conflict or depression issues, and is more likely to have a social life apart from Viaan. In this relationship, he is the savior. He is the one whom Viaan can trust and the person who Viaan can let get away with things because of all their years together. Viaan needs Ehsan for strength, so he doesn’t complain even when he puts in all the actual effort and Ehsan may not, because at least, he won’t be alone. What if Ehsan knows this? I know this, so why can’t Ehsan? Perhaps, underneath his friendliness is a latent jealousy of Viaan. Viaan may have a lot of personal issues, all stemming from trauma, from external hurt, but the man himself is pure gold. Anyone can see it if they look harder. We see it, even with his trust issues, we can see how sincere and upright this man is in everything he does. Those qualities are something that Ehsan no matter how bright he is, wouldn’t have. He sees it and he feels jealous. But that was not to say that the friendship for many years was fake. Ehsan has been sincere to Viaan, advising and listening to all his worries, but that was bolstered by the importance and easy access Viaan has given him. He gives Viaan advice. Viaan is used to sharing his thoughts with Ehsan, and after so many years, there is no way that Ehsan wouldn’t feel sincerity to it. He is also aware of his position, that he can get away with a lot of things, and in his way, his strong friendship is more than enough, and Viaan tells him over and over that it is more than enough. He is just grateful for his presence. But all this changes with Katha. Viaan starts to build thoughts, his own actions that Ehsan isn’t privy to. Note that Ehsan asks but doesn’t press, because it’s like ‘I will likely be told later’. Perhaps, it’s also the image he has of Viaan - he can handle any stress. It’s only when he is sure he likes Katha, and he starts seeing links between him and Viaan, it’s stresses him out because deep down, he knows that even though Viaan might be a recluse, he is the one with the strong qualities that would touch a woman like Katha. Even worse, Viaan is changing himself, smiling more, being more open minded. Ehsan’s role is gradually reducing and on the other hand, the jealousy buried deep over years is beginning to show. A more open Viaan would be deadly for Ehsan. So he doesn’t mind trying to tackle on Katha and win her or spilling the beans about Viaan to her. I feel like his spill is symbolic of how he can relegate their friendship as he pleases, and it is also a calculated move to push Katha away from Viaan. It would be too much of a burden to get involved with such a complex character. That’s the message he wants to give. His push into Katha’s space and even trying to use Aarav as a raft to her without genuine concern for the boy at least reveals all these details of him little by little. From the bts, he goes nuts when he sees the thank you card. He is openly jealous at that point because even he can sense that Katha and Viaan are sharing something on a deeper level and Viaan, especially the new one, is not a man that is hard for a woman like Katha to love. His invite to her to his place is also a message to Viaan. He wants to tell him that he and Katha are that close already and counting on his morals, he would try to hide his feelings more and stay away. Ehsan might not be aware of that night, but he knows that Viaan is not all unresponsive to Katha and she for some reason, places him in a different box. So why the surprise that he is negative? I feel like everything makes sense now that his true face is coming off. If Viaan was still dependent, he is a good friend. You know they are some friends that are only friends until you become better than them? 

Paulaonohi thumbnail

As peachesandcream said.    

‘Nicely said.

Vihaan and Ehsaan share a history and have complimentary personalities.  Vihaan’s  strengths are hidden by his harsher exterior and Ehsaan’s flaws are hidden by his friendly exterior.  They have never been in a position of rivalry.  The friendship works because they balance each other out.  

Ehsaan seems modelled on the type of person you sometimes meet who says all the right things, is super friendly and tries to please everyone, but underneath  you get a sense of something else and so you don’t feel entirely comfortable.  Ehsaan is shallow and selfish.  The rivalry will bring out these traits.  Up to now he has considered himself to be better then Vihaan who he sees as a workaholic.  He thinks of himself as a well rounded charmer.  

The friendship will be tested as Vihaans positive traits come to the forefront and are appreciated by Katha.  It will upset the dynamic of the friendship.  ‘

Paulaonohi thumbnail

Exactly. For years, his ego has been feeding off Viaan’s insecurities and reclusiveness and the access he has to him because the other man considers him for his own good. As long ad Viaan remains hateful of himself and past, Ehsan is okay giving him crumbs of encouragement. Now that Viaan is casting off all those burdens and making peace with himself, its not hard to see all the good qualities beneath the gruff surface. Ehsan feels a sense of crisis because he is used to being the personable one. And with Katha, who he is also interested in, any sign that she likes Viaan would push him over the edge. He wants Viaan to be forever beneath him. Sorry for his future failed plans.

Anj_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: Wild_Cat

Itna dheet, self respect kidhar chhod aya yeh banda pata nehi🤔

Wo desi Chinese wale noodles mein milake kha gaya hoga🤣

Wild_Cat thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: -Pj-

I’ve missed a few episodes this week. But did see when he was on about why didn’t she call when Aarav went missing. Come on! It wasn’t about you at that point. Instead of why didn’t you call me. It should have been. I can’t believe that happened to you. It must have been so frightening. Etc. he seems to be more if a how does this situation affect me rather than how it affect others. They always say comfort in, dump out. 

Viaan and Esaan both had to grow up without their father! Here, makers didn’t show us much about Esaan's father, I would assumed he didn’t have any backstory like Viaan's father and had a natural death. 

Esaan did not have a traumatised childhood, he did not had to struggle like Viaan did as a child! Esaan got everything decorated in plate. Thus made him immature, insensible and selfish. He has a tendency that he can get everything including Katha, he really doesn’t bother if Katha is interested in him or not. What important to him is, he likes Katha and want her in his life. This makes him a narcissist as well. 

And Viaan, on the other hand! He had a painful and traumatizing childhood. I am sure his mother was busy with her own dukhra rona! So, Viaan had to take care of himself! Viaan has depth in his charachter. His painful and traumatised childhood made him sensible, mature. I know, he has his flaws too but Viaan is intelligent enough to understand his flaws and work on it. Most important thing is, Viaan respect about others feeling and decisions! Esaan ka toh kya hi bolu! 

Wild_Cat thumbnail
Originally posted by: amrapali2

I truly loved Ehsan and Viaan's friendship in the beginning. It was just so joyful. But to be honest, I am beginning to question Ehsan's friendship with Viaan after Thursday's episode. I have genuine question, guys; Ehsan has been close friends with Viaan since childhood, yet he is ready to talk ill about his close friend just to impress a girl he met a few months ago (with no actual basis for why he likes Katha)? 

I can sympathise for Ehsan for being hurt to be put in a position to suspect that his close friend might have history with a girl he romantically likes. But it's just baffling to think about whether all those years of friendship went useless when it comes to a romantic interest?

In Thursday's episode, Ehsan was talking to Katha as if he was almost forced to be friends with someone serious like Viaan just because they knew each other from childhood (due to their families). That made me reevaluate the basis of their whole friendship. 

Exactly!

Esaan is just trying to make a point to Viaan that Katha is his and she is off-limit. He better not think anything romantically about Katha!  

Honestly speaking, I can't sympathise with Esaan! Everything is in front of him, he is not ready to see the truth! He is nothing but a grown up ignorant crybaby!   

Arreh, Esaan bhaiya Katha se toh poonch lo!

Wild_Cat thumbnail
Originally posted by: vandana1965

He is getting on my nerves frankly. He is just too clingy and needs to back off a bit. And now his mom is imagining stuff too. Crazy people. 

No wonder why he is so delusional and immature, he got it from his mother! What irritates me the most is, Esaan leaves no chance to invade Katha's privacy! Such a lallu!

Wild_Cat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bechain_Bulbul

Wo desi Chinese wale noodles mein milake kha gaya hoga🤣

Chinese wale noodles ko bhi kya jillat sehna para! r.i.p chinese wale noodles 😭