Meghnad of Siya ke Ram?

NostalgiaLove thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

I watched siya ke Ram during its og run and liked the show, though it had its flaws but the characters were well crafted and complexed. Everyone had a personality and were not like monotonous characters that we usually see onscreen. One char I liked was Meghnad. He was a loving hubby, remained one man woman all his life, didn't agree with his father's decisions from heart but his pure loyalty always kept him on his father's side. He even said in dialogues that he doesn't agree with whatever bad things his father do but he will always follow him. There was another dialogue to mandodri that he would have followed her commands if lankesh was just his father but he was also his king so he had to do what he said. He respected Sita by addressing her as Aap, only later when his brothers died he became more rude but still.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

I haven't watched this show, but thanks for sharing your appreciation for the character's complex motivation.

Meghanāda's character in Vālmīki's Rāmāyaṇa tells Rāma's army that he is killing Sītā in front of them for this reason (Yuddhakāṇḍa 68.27): pīḍākaram amitrāṇāṃ yat syāt kartavyam eva tat - whatever causes harm to your enemies, just do it!

This may have become a popular quotation, since one of the authors of Mahābhārata decided that when Yuyudhāna Sātyaki kills his noncombatant enemy Bhūriśravas, he should quote it as the advice of Vālmīki rather than Indrajit!

Did this show have the Indrajit-pretends-to-kill-Sītā scene?

NostalgiaLove thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

I haven't watched this show, but thanks for sharing your appreciation for the character's complex motivation.

Meghanāda's character in Vālmīki's Rāmāyaṇa tells Rāma's army that he is killing Sītā in front of them for this reason (Yuddhakāṇḍa 68.27): pīḍākaram amitrāṇāṃ yat syāt kartavyam eva tat - whatever causes harm to your enemies, just do it!

This may have become a popular quotation, since one of the authors of Mahābhārata decided that when Yuyudhāna Sātyaki kills his noncombatant enemy Bhūriśravas, he should quote it as the advice of Vālmīki rather than Indrajit!

Did this show have the Indrajit-pretends-to-kill-Sītā scene?

I think they did but I don't remember that minutely, but what I loved about the show's meghnad that in private conversation with Sulochana he openly admits that he doesn't approve of Sita's kidnapping and his father eyeing every second woman he sees but as he's his father and his king he would follow his every command , same he says to Mandodri when she orders him to not forcibly bring Sita to vivah mandap where Ravana is but he says I would have followed your orders mother if he was just my father but he's also my king and thats his order as his king so I cannot defy it. They would have explored his character more of it was just a fictional show but obviously they didn't wanna change much due to sensitivity of the topic which is fine. They initially wanted Kaikeyi to plot against ram and create misunderstandings between Bharat and him but dropped the idea because they didn't want to eat chappals from audience 🤣😂😅

Well whatever I wish they showed more of Meghnad's complex character than just focusing on Sita giving lectures all the time, yeah , if you watch the show she gives lectures and tries to justify everything vanar sensa does and trijata is like a double crossing spy 🤣😂who exchange letters between ram laxman and Sita 🤣🤣 

But the USP of this show was that they casted brilliant actors, Ashish as Ram was expressive and looked more human, Karan Suchak as Laxman was so good and his chemistry with Yukti was quite loved back then, Madirakshi was not that good performer but she shined in some scenes like bhoomi.pravesh scene was heart wrenching, in luv kush episodes the sadness on her face truly showed a broken yet a strong woman for her kids🥲During kidnapping and Ashok vatika scenes when she was crying the fear and agony on her face was so real , it looked like she was kidnapped for real. 🙁Ankur as meghnad did a good job, Karthik as Ravana was just brilliant 👏but the guy who played Janaka stole the spotlight, what a wonderful performance 👏Aisa lagta tha ye asli ke Janak Maharaj

Edited by NostalgiaLove - 1 years ago