Posted: 1 years ago

So excited for this

the invisible man is finally going to be visible πŸ˜†

Rani is starting to look like Real Yrf Malkin β€οΈ

Edited by Outlander22 - 1 years ago

I hate it when Yash Chopra is reduced to just a romantic filmmaker. How can people  ignore classics like Deewar, Trishul from the same man? He was a versatile filmmaker and never ever just a romantic filmmaker.

Originally posted by atominis

I hate it when Yash Chopra is reduced to just a romantic filmmaker. How can people  ignore classics like Deewar, Trishul from the same man? He was a versatile filmmaker and never ever just a romantic filmmaker.

He has only himself to blame. During his later years he concentrated only on love stories and his glamorous leading ladies in chiffon sarees in Switzerland. And that's what the current generation remembers him for.Who remembers his capacity to handle ensemble cast films or how he delves into the human psyche (Amitabh's determination to erase his one act of cowardice in Kala Patthar, or Shashi Kapoor's dilemma in Dharma Putra as the Hindu rioter who discovers that he has Muslim parents)

Originally posted by capricornrcks

He has only himself to blame. During his later years he concentrated only on love stories and his glamorous leading ladies in chiffon sarees in Switzerland. And that's what the current generation remembers him for.Who remembers his capacity to handle ensemble cast films or how he delves into the human psyche (Amitabh's determination to erase his one act of cowardice in Kala Patthar, or Shashi Kapoor's dilemma in Dharma Putra as the Hindu rioter who discovers that he has Muslim parents)

I think this will show all of it 

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

I think this will show all of it 

With a title like Romantics? I'll be happy if all aspects of his film making is discussed. How he evolved into a film maker making a different kind of cinema for the young carefree 60s generation after moving away from his brother's banner and influence of socially relevant subjects of the 50. At the same time B.R Chopra's influence remained throughout his films . His Silsila and Nikah evokes memories of Gumrah in its treatment of infidelity of women, Tawaif has the same central conflict as senior Chopra's Sadhana about assimilating tawaifs back into a conservative society and so on.

Edited by capricornrcks - 1 years ago

I know what you did there πŸ˜†

Originally posted by TheMinion

I know what you did there πŸ˜†

what did I do ? 

This is the best thing I’ve seen come from

Bollywood since Kabir Singh πŸ˜†. Anyone looking to rediscover the love for it should watch it. AlI I’ll say is I will probably watch this before I see Pathan πŸ˜‚ 

Originally posted by Supari_khala

What is…..this? 

I suggested a docu series about Bollywood some time ago. This seems specific about Yash Chopra and YRF but that will still be fun to watch 

I am so happy that you mentioned Kaala patthar and Dharmaputra and those themes of guilt, redemption of heroes in those films. 

I was about to make a post on these.

I am glad someone else also remembered it.

I just hate it how Chopras have reduced Yash ji to a mere romantic filmmaker when he had so much more to offer and his films are not just Kabhi kabhi, Silsila, Chandni.

He himself reduced himself to swiss locales and chiffon sarees or tulip fields.

I do not like his son reducing YRF legacy to romance either when the banner has made lot more than just romantic films.