2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

Just cos Pathan smashed every record , that doesn’t mean business would be back to pre pandemic levels. This just reinstates the fact that audience would spend money for ONLY big event movies . Same thing is happening for HW where Avatar broke records but small films are regularly biting the dust. I am sure most of the next releases won’t event cross Pathan first day . 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Audience watches big screen, big budget entertainment on streaming channels for free..why should they not wait to watch small films, made for OTT for free..

Maroonporsche thumbnail

What’s the next big film ? I guess Karthiks or TJMM ?

Edited by Maroonporsche - 1 years ago
YourCat thumbnail

True no one have so much money to watch every movie in cinema.. Too bad for karthik movie

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

When I say Bollywood is back, here is what I mean. People thought the south had taken over. They had given hits so big only Dangal could compete with them. No one thought Bollywood would be able to match any of them. In general, most movies were flopping. The one or two hits were not per se huge. Even Bramashtra was not really that impressive compared to its overall budget. The profit margin of Pathan is going to blow any Rajamouli films out massively. And it will probably end up being the highest-grosser. But they can not rest on the star power of legends like Shahrukh only in the future. Karthik def seems to have a similar mass appeal. But star power alone will not help them survive. They need to work on better movies even if they are just mass entertainers at the end of the day. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago
subhs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Brahmastra did pretty well. Big event movies,if it's entertaining then it will work. Boycott gang /Justice for SSR gang has very little impact. South hasn't taken over but big south movies will also work

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

isn't that true for other industries too.....I mean RRR, BB and KGF are all massive movies......I feel that with so much good stuff on OTT.....audience will go to the cinema for something extraordinary visually......people can't deny that whatever content Pathan had....its a visual treat....just like RRR, BB, WAR, Bramhastra....etc......all these movies have one thing common...they can't be enjoyed on your TV screen.....definitely not a teeny weent bit phone screen....people watching pirated version o their phones won't know what I am talking about...😆

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

When I say Bollywood is back, here is what I mean. People thought the south had taken over. They had given hits so big only Dangal could compete with them. No one thought Bollywood would be able to match any of them. In general, most movies were flopping. The one or two hits were not per se huge. Even Bramashtra was not really that impressive compared to its overall budget. The profit margin of Pathan is going to blow any Rajamouli films out massively. And it will probably end up being the highest-grosser. But they can not rest on the star power of legends like Shahrukh only in the future. Karthik def seems to have a similar mass appeal. But star power alone will not help them survive. They need to work on better movies even if they are just mass entertainers at the end of the day. 

We watched the trailer of Shehzaada on IMAX and I didn't realize the difference a big screen makes......I have never watched a Kartik movie in theater woh bhi on IMAX.....I am telling you my view about Kartik has totally changed....Man he looked so good in the trailer and when I had watched the same trailer on my laptop screen and gone ughhh.....but now we are going to watch Shehzaada in theaters...that is the difference a big sceen makes....that is why when someone goes gaga over a movie like RRR or Bahubali and you have watched it on your TV screen....you don't get it.....by YOU I mean all of us...not you...😆

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: blue-ice.1

We watched the trailer of Shehzaada on IMAX and I didn't realize the difference a big screen makes......I have never watched a Kartik movie in theater woh bhi on IMAX.....I am telling you my view about Kartik has totally changed....Man he looked so good in the trailer and when I had watched the same trailer on my laptop screen and gone ughhh.....but now we are going to watch Shehzaada in theaters...that is the difference a big sceen makes....that is why when someone goes gaga over a movie like RRR or Bahubali and you have watched it on your TV screen....you don't get it.....by YOU I mean all of us...not you...😆

Ok maybe not. I was thinking that because of Bhool Bhulaiyaa. I think his next few films will decide. 🤷‍♀️

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: you2

Audience watches big screen, big budget entertainment on streaming channels for free..why should they not wait to watch small films, made for OTT for free..

People also pay for OTT subscriptions. They are not watching them for free .