Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Why male pageant winners do not make it big?

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Female pageant winners like Ash, Sush, PC, Meenakshi, Juhi, Kangana etc have made it big in BW. 

How some male pageant winners have mostly remained on sidelines or supporting actors or villains at most but never made it huge as leads? John is probably the only one who has big success.

Deepak Parasher, Milind, Dino etc none of them worked much successfully.

Why the Mr Universe, Mr World, Mr India, Gladrags manhunt winners or finalists mostly remain confined to TV, web series, music videos, ads, supporting or villain roles, and never made it huge as male leads, superstars?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Because they don’t make films for the female gaze in India. Women don’t have needs. All the good looking people are reserved for straight men. 

hasini009 thumbnail

I read male pregnant winners🤣  

I know I know Funny Eye Doctor Memes

atominis thumbnail

For a while I was taken aback and wondered if I made a typo. You scared me. 🤣

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Female actors get a lot of leeway as far as their acting skills are concerned. So long as they look glamorous and in great shape they can get away with a lot of subpar acting. Male stars have the primary responsibility of bringing the audience and keeping them coming back. So while the female models get the space to improve their skills and learn slowly under less pressure, their male counterparts are immediately judged and dismissed. On the otherhand let the female actor/models gain even a little weight, they'll be judged immediately. Like when Aish gained weight when she was pregnant.

atominis thumbnail

That is a good point. Very few male actors are good looking and good actors. For eg, Vinod Khanna and Dharmendra, Kabir Bedi.

Others have had good looks but sub par acting.

But then, if Salman Khan can last so long on basis of mainly looks, body, swag, charisma and style then why not male pageant winners or hotshot male models? It is not like all male actors in industry are necessarily good actors.

aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

To make it big in movies screen presence and charishma are needed apart from acting talent.

Films are mainly male lead dominated not just in India but anywhere in the world.

Pageant winners are mostly lookers most of whom do not posses acting skills and therefore cannot carry the film on their shoulders.So male pageant winners don't make it big in movies.

Some of these male models do make it big on TV all thanks to serials. But again TV serials are writers' medium if the characterisation of a particular role is good they become a big name but they may not be able to repeat the same kind of success on another show with a different writer.They may have horders of female fans but that fandom doesn't really translate into TRPs. So eventually they fade out. If they manage to become some skills on their way they may lost a little longer.

Female beauty pageant winners may find their entry easy and may stay on longer as most of the roles are flower pot roles. If they evolve they may get better roles as time goes by.

atominis thumbnail

Agreed but then we do have likes of Salman who is purely running on style, charisma, looks and while he may have been good in comic timing and action, his acting did decline post 2000, yet he is still top star.

So how and why can male pageant winners not get time or chance to work or improve? Or are they not as pleasing to producers and sugar daddies of BW as female models etc?

I do agree most of them are stony and not that good actors. But some like Mohit Raina are good. He was good in Uri. Still they get less work.

John is the only one who managed to stick around. Dino, Milind, Bikram Saluja, Jas Arora, Deepak Parasher failed. Jimmy Shergill, Sameer Soni and Sanjay Suri somehow managed some supporting roles. Jimmy made it in regional cinema.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: atominis

Agreed but then we do have likes of Salman who is purely running on style, charisma, looks and while he may have been good in comic timing and action, his acting did decline post 2000, yet he is still top star.

So how and why can male pageant winners not get time or chance to work or improve? Or are they not as pleasing to producers and sugar daddies of BW as female models etc?

I do agree most of them are stony and not that good actors. But some like Mohit Raina are good. He was good in Uri. Still they get less work.

John is the only one who managed to stick around. Dino, Milind, Bikram Saluja, Jas Arora, Deepak Parasher failed. Jimmy Shergill, Sameer Soni and Sanjay Suri somehow managed some supporting roles. Jimmy made it in regional cinema.

is Salman a top star ? 

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Male models from the 70s like Vinod Khanna were manly men. They had "presence" and drew your eyes to them. They took care to play alpha male characters like dacoits and policemen successfully and won hearts. But the 2000s models were a lot more metrosexual and were labeled as "pretty boys" or "chocolate box heroes". They played roles like man-about-town, playboy,spoiled rich brat etc.It's only in their 30s that John and Dino(The Empire) got the opportunity to play meaty roles. Or in John's case not until he started producing his own films.

The TV soaps revolve around the female characters and does to men what Bollywood does to women -reduce them to somebody's object of affection.