Katha Ankahee

Saw some bits of the story: my verdict

Yashikha16 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Hello you all, 

Hope you're doing well. 

I am coming here from TikTok after seeing some clips of the show and I have a fair idea of what's going on. 

My verdict is: Could people stop glamourising toxic male masculinity? OK, it seems like the woman here is empowered and has a free will, but, from all those shows, it's always been like toxic masculinity is being promoted. Like one should forgive them if they changed or show remorse. Sorry to say, but girls or women who keep on watching these shows without any sort of break or without having a change of view or environment will think that it's the norm and keep on hope that their partners or husbands will, where in fact they just won't. Very few might, but not all. It's like telling a guy to dream about such men and neglect the good ones, even the good ones at the end tend to change for the worse. 

My problem is, start showing real positivity of both the men and the women, so that the young and teens who watch such shows don't seek toxic partners. As it's at those young age that they start to develop a kind of attachment and process it subconsciously. 

I HOPE that the there's a psychologist in the show, which will be a good aspect, given the show seems 'progressive'. 

Hope to hear your point of views, whether it be a good or even against my point of view. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anj_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

I dont think that watching some clips on tiktok or twitter can give you any clearer idea than those people who are watching the whole episodes on regular basis.

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion and threads have been made about it and people have gave their various kinds of honest opinions. The forum is so positive to receive it well without bashing or trolling. But the only difference is that they have seen the whole show, understood the character development and then made comment.

I know show's clips, specially about the ONS have gone viral everywhere and its concept is attracting new viewers everyday. People may want to share what they feel about and they are welcome but I will kindly request to you and all of them to please not be judgemental towards any character without knowing the full character arc and about whole show.

I have been an itv buff since always and have watched all sorts of shows. I must tell, Katha is very unique kind of show with fresh concept and some amazing performances by actors. Its not a regular itv show where you can skip some episodes and still story will be on same page. Missing few episodes can change the whole scenario for you.

About toxic masculinity, yes it should be condemned always but in case of viaan, i dont think he possesses it. His character is much deeper and layered than what it appears in few clips. Yes viaan committed a mistake and he is repenting. Show's premises is itself is repentance love story.

Ssp123 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Bechain_Bulbul

I dont think that watching some clips on tiktok or twitter can give you any clearer idea than those people who are watching the whole episodes on regular basis.

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion and threads have been made about it and people have gave their various kinds of honest opinions. The forum is so positive to receive it well without bashing or trolling. But the only difference is that they have seen the whole show, understood the character development and then made comment.

I know show's clips, specially about the ONS have gone viral everywhere and its concept is attracting new viewers everyday. People may want to share what they feel about and they are welcome but I will kindly request to you and all of them to please not be judgemental towards any character without knowing the full character arc and about whole show.

I have been an itv buff since always and have watched all sorts of shows. I must tell, Katha is very unique kind of show with fresh concept and some amazing performances by actors. Its not a regular itv show where you can skip some episodes and still story will be on same page. Missing few episodes can change the whole scenario for you.

About toxic masculinity, yes it should be condemned always but in case of viaan, i dont think he possesses it. His character is much deeper and layered than what it appears in few clips. Yes viaan committed a mistake and he is repenting. Show's premises is itself is repentance love story.

Very true 

This is a show which can't be judged on the basis of clips and few scenes 

For example if someone has watched the lift promo of Dubai track that person won't understand Vian's problem and issue 

Waise everyone is entitled to have their opinion but one thing is for sure it is definitely better than other toxic shows running on ITV 

Twinklestar139 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 3

Story is going good. But try not to compare it too much with reality and enjoy it as is. It's fiction after all so don't take it too seriously. People watching the show should be mature enough to understand what's good and bad and if they don't that's nobody's concern but their own. 

Ritzzee23 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Yashikha16

Hello you all, 

Hope you're doing well. 

I am coming here from TikTok after seeing some clips of the show and I have a fair idea of what's going on. 

My verdict is: Could people stop glamourising toxic male masculinity? OK, it seems like the woman here is empowered and has a free will, but, from all those shows, it's always been like toxic masculinity is being promoted. Like one should forgive them if they changed or show remorse. Sorry to say, but girls or women who keep on watching these shows without any sort of break or without having a change of view or environment will think that it's the norm and keep on hope that their partners or husbands will, where in fact they just won't. Very few might, but not all. It's like telling a guy to dream about such men and neglect the good ones, even the good ones at the end tend to change for the worse. 

My problem is, start showing real positivity of both the men and the women, so that the young and teens who watch such shows don't seek toxic partners. As it's at those young age that they start to develop a kind of attachment and process it subconsciously. 

I HOPE that the there's a psychologist in the show, which will be a good aspect, given the show seems 'progressive'. 

Hope to hear your point of views, whether it be a good or even against my point of view. 

Hey.. Good to see so many people are showing interest in this show and sharing their views.. Anykind of views are welcome.. 

I like to suggest you to please watch the show as a whole not some clips so that the povs of all characters are better understood.. Viaan ie the male lead has not shown any toxic male masculinity as of now.. Some clips may portray that but if you watch the whole show you will see he is much more deep and complex than that.. It's not a simple mcp character but a man who has done mistakes in his life and is taking full responsibility of it and want to change into a better person.. It is his journey. 

I like you to watch the show. It is a unique concept with excellent acting by all, great picturization and hatke story. You will love it I am sure💗💖

MuguetDScorpion thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Every dark or layered character is not toxic. Viaan is definitely not the type of character introduced by Ekta Kapoor that is annoyingly after the female character for no valid reason just because they are arrogant. And the abla bechari or chulbuli girl fights back to give takkar. The story here is completely different. There is no romance, no falling catching so far. They are like any normal colleagues. So far there is no question about normalizing toxic characters. What they are showing is reality. A boss can ask you for a ONS but not everyone will quit the job. In fact it's good to see that the enterprise/boss has to change behavior so that the victim can feel secure. That's positive. Girls should be able to feel safe. 

Viaan is just a stupid guy who thinks all the women are same and tests them. It's upto the girl if she wants to take it or leave it. Unfortunately Katha needed the money so she took the test without knowing it was a test. That stupid guy didn't even want the ONS to happen but she showed up. He should have refused it but I guess his opinion about the women took over his brainless mind. 

I won't count him as a toxic character. He has to start seeing the women differently. Not everyone woman is a gold digger. 

angelic2005 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Most has been said here. It is pointless judging on just clips alone as it’s out of context and your missing vital information.  TikTok should be viewed as fun stupid entertainment content and not taken seriously or followed as the only truth. It only takes one little thing to set people off, where as if they have full information on hand it wouldn’t have such an effect. 

Even this is just a serial, it not perfect. It just entertainment and story telling. As the disclaimer always says it just coincidence if it imitates real life and everything is actually fiction.