Another Cinderella Story | Abhiya OS

Posted: 1 years ago

Heylo folks, 

I am back with another os on Abhiya. Hope you enjoy reading this one. ❤️😊

Piya was sitting by the window sill and looking out in the forest. She was bored. She tapped her fingers on the glass panels and sighed. She looked at Misha who was busy making something in her cauldron. Piya walked over to her and sat near the table and then sighed again. Loudly. 

“What???”

“I didn't say anything”, Piya said defensively. 

“No but you keep making that sound from your mouth. What do you want now?”

“Tchhh.. I am bored.”, Piya said. She climbed the table and sat beside Misha’s cauldron. 

“God Piya, its your everyday story. Anyway see what I made!”

Piya peeked in Misha’s cauldron. The colour reminded her of puke. 

“What is this disgusting looking thing?”

“Just watch this.” 

Misha gave evil smirk while pouring the content into a pumpkin. 

“Some poor fellow is gone I bet. Who are you planning to prank now?”

Before Misha could answer her, Ruhi barged in through the door. 

“Misha Mish.. I sent the invite and they all accepted.” 

“What invitations? Are we having party?”

“Dad’s halloween party. He invited all the forest creatures.” 

“Is that what that thing in cauldron is for? What are you planning Misha?” 

“Just wait and watch baby. Ruhi you just make sure those shapeshifter boys are also invited.”

“Yup I made sure they are coming.”

“Did you invite those werewolves who broke your broom last week?”, Piya asked

“Those very boys.”

“And the elves from west and the dwarves from under the mountain as well.”, Ruhi said. 

“Perfect. Its gonna be fun.”, Misha added.

“But tell me what are you planning?”

Piya was getting desperate to know Misha’s secret. But Misha didn't seem in mood to answer. She just smirked and rubbed her hand together in an evil gesture. Piya poked her to answer but soon all her queries were  answered with a  blast from behind the table. They all turned to look behind. The pumpkin which Misha had filled with her special liquid had exploded and spread all its the content around. The entire table, floor, chairs everything was covered in gooey yellow green colour liquid. It was giving such a rancid smell that Piya thought she would faint. She was reminded of puke again.  They all pinched their noses to stop the smell filling jt. 

“Oh my god Mishu. This is so dirty and it smells like someone farted in here. Ewww!”

“Ay Mish are you sure this is not stupid? I dont want to get in trouble yaar ”, Ruhi said. 

“Its genius baby. Imagine the same thing but ten times bigger.”

“You are kidding. Is this why you have planned the party?” 

Misha nodded with pride. 

“Misha mumam would murder us for pulling this off.”

“Oh come on!  Nothing will happen. I will take care of mumma.”

“Mish but…”

“Come on Piya anyway you were too bored na! Now come help me fill all this in that.” 

She pointed to a pumpkin in other room that took up entire floor and reached ceiling. 

“That? Oh my god how?”

“You are here to help na. Now come on use your fine talent and help me pour all this.” 

“Its not gonna be enough to fill that entire thing Mishu.”, said Ruhi. 

“We need to make more. I have the recipe finalised. Follow me girls.” 

Piya rolled her eyes but then chuckled and followed her sister. She casted a spell on cauldron to enlarge it so they can make more potion in one go. Misha had managed to gather large quantities of lizard tails, rat droppings,  goblin piss etc. Piya could smell the ugliness this time more strongly owing to its quantity.

“This smell is gonna be a dead give away.” 

She then casted another charm to disguise its smell with something more pleasant. It wasnt enough but it would have to do. 

Girls spent their whole evening in preparing the potion and filling the pumpkin and putting it in the party hall. Ruhi lit scented candles around it everywhere to ensure no one could get closer to  the pungent smell of their prank. They high-fived and congratulated each other  on their efforts.

“Ok ok now lets go get ready. Its soon gonna be midnight we are the hosts of the party.” 

As the night grew darker Abhay stepped out of his coffin yawning and stretching. His mom and dad were already out and had hunted for the night. 

“God Abhay, you are still like a child. Look at the time. Its almost midnight. Is this a time to wake up? Moon would be on our heads by now.” 

“Its new moon mom. There isn't any moon out today.”, he said yawning. 

“Whats for midnight snack? I am hungry”,  he asked collapsing on couch. 

Haseena threw him a rabbit. He picked it up and poured some blood for himself in a cup. 

“You got an invite for halloween party. Misha Dobriyal has organised one.”

“That witch? Oh come on mom. I am not going to her party. They are all so boring. All they can do is mutter their weird incantations and wave their flimsy little wands in thin air.”, he said mockingly waving his hands in imitation. 

“Abhay you must go out and meet our people and our community. What would our neighbour Sharmaji think. He always asks me why my son is so shy and why wont he meet people. If you don't go it will give him another excuse.” 

“Oh god mom why must you force me?” 

“And besides you like her sister don't you? I saw you were staring at her last full moon night.”

Abhay reddened slightly hearing this. 

“I wasn't staring. I was just…  she looked fine. Not that pretty. Definitely not prettier than me.”

“Well she would be there too. But its okay if you don't want to go. I will call and speak with mrs Dobriyal.”

She picked up phone and dialled a number on it. Abhay was thinking hard finally he spoke, “Well, if they invited specially it wouldn't look good to say no. May be I should go and say hello. Just for namesake, you know.”

“Aah certainly. And you need to clean up as well. Witches don't like messy vampire boys covered in blood.” Haseena said pointing to his shirt. 

He made a face and jumped into shower. He filed his fangs sharper and shinier and put on his best tuxedo. He straightened the tie looking in the mirror. “Hey mom do you know what kind of flowers witches like?”

“You could never go wrong with Lily of the valley”

He kissed his mother goodbye and left for the party. “Make sure you are back before sunrise. You don't want to get another sunburn.” 

“Yeah yeah” he murmured and dashed out in the forest. On the way to party he picked up a corsage made of white sweet looking bell shaped flowers. 

Piya was dressed into black purple dress and black witche’s hat. She had applied  plum colour lipstick and thick black eyeshadow that matched her dress. She walked around the hall greeting everyone vaguely holding a flute of nightshade juice.  

“Are you still bored Piya?”, Misha asked her. 

“There is no one interesting to talk to. I mean look around. The same old boring people. I mean seriously look at that jeh. Showing off his wolfie tail and claws.”

“Just little while more baby. Soon he along with these people are gonna be covered in the goo.”

“Yeah that will be something.” But until then she couldn't imagine how she was going to tolerate everyone there. “Anyway I am going out.”, she declared and walked out in the lawn. 

Lately she had been finding everything tiresome. Nothing interested her and no one engaged her. She walked mindlessly through the lawn and collided with someone. She looked up irritated but stood mesmerised with the guy in front of her. It was a vampire. Piya had never met a vampire before. In the hot climate of india vampires were rarity. She knew her parents were friends with some but she had never before met them. He had a pale white skin and deep sunken eyes. His sharp white fangs poked out his thin lips. Piya stood looking at him with fascination. 

He bowed to her and presented her with corsage.  Piya found herself blushing and extended her arm to accept his gift. 

“Lily of the valley. My favourite.” She said with smile. 

She invited him inside to the party. She didn't know if her stupid sister had had the time to arrange for food for all the different creatures she had invited or not. She had been too busy with her prank. And she herself had offered no helping hand in planning the party. Now that she thought of it, she felt she should have participated more. At least then she would know what to offer this vampire with her. She looked around to see if something was available. 

“Umm so… I … umm… what do you eat? I don't know if my sister has planned for everything. Umm hey do you want to dance?” 

“Yeah sure. Lets.” 

They both entered the dance floor holding each others hand. It felt awkward to dance. Neither of them knew each other nor did they seem to actually enjoy dance. Piya’s eyes were roaming around looking for food. Abhay himself was looking around. 

“So this is your sister’s party!” He commented. 

“Yeah sort of. Umm so you are a vampire? I have never met one before.”

“Yeah. Its fun sometimes. The speed, the telepathy, the powers. Its fun to play with these things. Only thing is we cant go out on a sunny day. But hey its better than being a wiiitc…” Abhay stopped dead before completing this sentence. 

“Excuse me!” Piya looked like she could burn him there and then.  “what exactly is wrong with being witch?” , she asked. 

And now she had folded her hands on her chest. He mentally threw his hand in his face. 

“No no no.. I didn't mean that. I was just trying to say ummm.. you misunderstood.”

“Oh did I? My bad. Do explain, what did you mean when you said its better being a vampire than witch”, Piya said air-quoting her words. 

“I just meant to say that I uhhh..”, he pulled his tie loose and opened the collar buttons. “Woooh its getting hot in here.” 

“Don't try to change the topic.” 

“Look I didn't mean that. I mean you are cool, really. But its just I have met some other wizard boys and girls before and they are just soo.. nakhrebaaj?!  God its really getting hot.”, he said defensivly pulling on his collars agains.

“What are you talking about? AC is on its all fine.”

“No I m telling you something is wrong. We are very temperature sensitive. We absolutely cannot tolerate high temperatures and its starting to get hot.”

She got a chilled glass of water from the waiter and offered him. “Have this. Its chilled it will help.”

“Umm Piya I am vampire. I cant eat or drink this stuff.”

Piya rolled her eyes and said, “Hang on let me check the AC temperature.” 

She came back after a while and said, “AC is on full blast.”

“Then why am I feeling so hot?”, he said pulling on his shirt. 

“Now who is being mr nakhrebaaj. Ooh I am so hot. Ooh I cant drink water.”

“Hey I didn't mean to insult you. I just said about some , some other witches okay. And I am not lying.  Something is seriously wrong with your AC. Its getting hotter and hotter.” 

Piya looked at him with frustration. “Again with the hotness.” She dragged him to the other room and showed him AC panel. “See its high. Lowest temperature.” Abhay looked at the AC panel. She was right but then why did he feel so hot. His eyes fell below on the temperature panel. It read 30. 

“See I told you its hot.” He told her pointing to that. 

“But AC is high. How could it be?”, she wondered.

“May be its not working or something. I will go and check with mumma.” She went inside and looked for her mother who she found near the giant pumpkin. She walked to her and Abhay followed her. As soon as they reached pumpkin Abhay exclaimed loudly, “what the hell is in that pumpkin? Its smells awful here.”

He closed his mouth and nose. He felt even hotter. He pulled off his jacket. 

Piya looked at him and then pumpkin and suddenly it made sense why he felt so hot. The garlic in that increases temperature and the vampire sensitivity would make him aware of it. And it was growing bigger. It was time for the  explosion and she was right near to it.

“Oh my god. I totally forgot. We need to move. Now.” She held Abhay’s hand and ran outside. They barely made outside the door when the pumpkin exploded spreading all its juice and bits with Misha’s prank in entire hall. Some of the stuff hung from ceiling lights, on the railings, splattered around the walls and floor. It had covered everyone in the room. And the disgusting smell filled everyone making lot of people actually puke adding to all the mess already present. 

“Oh my god death has come.”, Abhay exclaimed. 

Piya herself was having hard time controlling herself. She had her nose pinched but smell and view was over powering. She was sprinting away towards the forest and speaking or rather mumbling,  “We need to run away. Quickly. Else I will faint or worse die in that fart zone.”

Abhay picked her up and ran from there. He brought them on top of a hill and then let Piya on the ground. Snow. He must have brought them on one of the peaks in taller range. 

It was cold. It was freezing. The wind felt heavy and it stung her face. She was glad to realise she still held her wand in her hands. She waved it and knitted a woollen cloak for her. That felt good. But in hurry she had not put on her shoes. The cold ground made her feet feel like frozen stones. She was about to cast another spell on her legs but Abhay gave her jacket sleeves. He had made makeshift socks from the sleeves. She just added soles at the bottom and slipped her feet inside. 

She breathed in relief. No rancid smell. Only fresh air. She finally dared to look around and register where she was. 

The view took her breath away. She was on one of the really tall peaks. Surrounded by snowy mountains everywhere. As far the eyes could go she could see white snow. And above one of those peaks was the mesmerising view of our galaxy. Milky-way. Its one arm extended over the peak. All the stars seemed like they were flowing from the sky and on to the mountain peak like a river. A river of stars. 

“It is so beautiful.”, she exclaimed. “I have never seen anything like it before.”

Abhay was laying on the snowy ground. He smiled at her and pulled her down by his side. 

“Where are we?”, she asked. 

“Kanchenjunga.”

“Wow! You are fast. Did you know you could see this from here? ”

“I come here whenever its cloudless night. It keeps me sane.”

“Sane how?”

“Reminds me of my insignificance in this vast universe.”

“Arrogant much are we?!”

“Hey I just said it reminds me of my insignificance.”

“Its arrogance if you need reminders.”

“Fine. Whatever you want to think”

She looked at him and smiled showing all her teeth and he chuckled. They lay there for a while gazing at the starry night. 

“So that prank was by you?”

“My sister Misha. Yup. She loves to pull off such pranks.”

“And you?”

“Mehhh. I help her cause I got nothing better to do.” 

“Well you can laugh about it now. Makes it more fun to remember than those other boring dance parties”

“I suppose. So what do you do after you come here?”

“I dont know peak hopping. Bungee jumping.”

“Bungee humping here? How?”

“You are witch right! Conjure up a thick long rope. Like really long and really thick”

“Umm okay” Piya replied with confusion but did as he asked her. 

Abhay tied the rope around a  rock he could find and threw the other end in the valley. He held on to the rope, stood on the edge of the peak and held put his hand for her. 

“Come on”

“You are kidding. I don't want to die.”

“You wont I promise. Come seek adventure with me.”

Piya gingerly got up but was very reluctant to actually jump with him. He pulled her close and stood behind her. As she looked down she gulped in fear and turned to  him. 

“Hold on tight to me”

Piya tightly held him in her arms and Abhay jumped from the cliff holding the rope. 

At first Piya let out a scream but then Abhay prompted her to open her eyes and look around. From the height they had jumped, they got few minutes of weightlessness before rope pulled them in. Piya felt her heart miss a beat until she opened the eyes to look around. She was flying. Only briefly but she was flying. And then the rope pulled them in and they swung up and down. Abhay held on to her and jumped on the nearest peak on to the ground. 

The thrill of the jump helped Piya loosen up more and she felt more relaxed. They walked around for a while.

“Do you know there are few yetis in one these caves?”

“What no?! Seriously? Where?”

“We need to go below a few more meters for that.”

“Aren't they supposed to be wild and dangerous?”

“Naah its just myth. Like how I am supposed to be the blood drinking monster and you a child stealing dark witch. Just extremities.”

Piya widened her eyes in fear and shock. The stories she had heard about yetis were scary. All of them ending in death. But curiosity got better of her and after jumping from second tallest mountain she felt more confident of her adventurous spirits. She bit her lips and after a moment of thinking she asked, “can we go see them?” 

“Sure.”

“From distance.”

“Relax they won’t harm you. Come hop on my shoulder.” He said. 

Piya tied her hands around his neck and leaned forward. His high speed made the wind sting her like needles. She dug her face in his shoulders and covered it under her cloak hoodie. In no time they had reached lesser grounds. There were tall trees all around and large caves. Abhay put his index and middle fingers of both hands in his mouth and blew a loud whistle. 

“They don't speak human.”

“Speak? We are not here to speak. Just to look from distance.”

But Abhay only smiled at her and kept moving towards the cave and blew another whistle. Piya’s eyebrows knitted together and face screwed up in worry.  

“Oh my god don't get us killed.” 

She was backing away looking for a way to hide behind the trees. But then she saw a furry white apelike creature making its way out in the snow. It fumbled on the way and fell down face first in snow. It then picked his head up and laughed like a baby and got up and started running towards them. Behind it Piya could see couple of giant yetis making their way. Seeing their sizes piya realised the smallest one must be a baby. A baby who was still far taller than both of them. It had made its way to Abhay and was now licking his face. Abhay rubbed on its furry head and removed the snow. The others made its way to him. They called him. They were making loud growls and grumpy noises. Piya supposed it was how yetis communicated. Abhay gestured her to come out of her hiding. She cautiously got closer to them. She found it curious that other yetis also looked at her apprehensively. 

Abhay pointed to her and him and said, “Friend.”

One of the yeti who seemed older repeated his word and Abhay nodded. The older yeti then growled something to others. One of the young yetis came closer to her and looked her in the eyes. Piya got scared of the closeness and almost fell in Abhay who held her straight. It then picked Piya up and put her on his neck and ran. Piya terrified screamed her lungs out and closed her eyes but then soon found herself riding on the back of the yeti through the forests. They jumped from one tree to another climbing fast. Abhay joined her by side on another yeti. The yeti stopped on a tall oak tree. She could see from distance the glowing lights of settlements. It all looked like small ant towns from distance.

After a while abhay redirected them back to the yeti village. The older yeti invited them into their cave. Their caves were very neat and tidy. Misha would feel ashamed seeing how cleanly these ape like creatures kept their living place. Piya made a mental note to tell her. There was a fire lit in the middle and pile of fruits and mushrooms near it. She was surprised to find that even yetis enjoyed music and dance. Although they made their music by banging their paws on cave walls and it was very crude but seeing the joy they took in it, she also found herself feeling the same joy.  Piya would have hated, been bored of it if the same party, had been given by another human or human like creature. But there was something fun to watch the white furry creature dance to the music in their clumsy moves. They looked like moving shapes of clouds. Piya even got up to dance with the baby yeti who mostly just jumped around in the name of dance. 

Another yeti brought a dead animal and gave it to Abhay along with a hollowed out wood for a glass. Abhay squeezed blood out of it and had his fill. They also brought fruits and juices for Piya. The yetis thought more about their guests then she and Misha had thought for their guests. 

After a while, Abhay and Piya bid them good bye. The baby yeti won’t leave Piya’s hand its mother had to carry it away forcefully. 

On the way back they sat on another peak, smaller this time with their legs hanging. Crimson colours of sun were starting to spread in far east. Soon it would be sunrise and that meant time for Abhay to go.  

“So?”, he asked Piya. 

“They were not scary at all.”

“No they aren't.”

“And that was the best night I had in long time.” She watched as sun made its way up slowly. 

“Me too.”

The snowy mountain peaks seemed like they were blushing with her. Abhay picked her up again on his back and ran. “But sunrise?” Was all piya could say when he brought them back to her house, near her house. He didn't want to risk going closer to the rancid smell. 

“Cant risk it with me. Not for another few years anyway.” 

“Right!” She said as the realisation dawned on her. 

“Hey about that witch comment I really didn’t mean anything. It was just me being stupid.”

“I know. And I didn't mean anything by that arrogant comment either. 

“Damn girl. That was a revenge” Abhay said with surprise eyes. 

Piya shrugged and chuckled.

He leaned in closer to her and kissed her lips gently before breaking apart. 

“I must really leave. I guess we will meet again on some other night then.” 

She only nodded smilingly as he left. She was so taken off her feet that she didn't even realise she hadn't even asked his name yet. She ran behind him but couldn't catch up to him.

Only then she realised he had given her a something small, something cold in her hands. She looked down and found a small coffin carved in ice. She was gazing at it when her mother shouted from behind, “Piya Dobriyal. Where the hell have you been whole night?”

Piya turned to face her mother hiding the ice coffin behind her back. “Nothing mumma I was here only.”

“Did you help Misha pull this prank?” 

She looked behind her mother where Misha was trying to tell her something but she couldn't understand. Confused what to say she mumbled, “mumma.. I … that..”

“well stop mumbling and come up and help clean all the mess.” She saw Misha smack her own head. 

Piya’s face fell at the thought having to clean all the mess. “But mumma..” she argued but mrs Dobriyal continued, “And you both are grounded for one week. No parties, no outing, no friends, nothing.” They ran behind their mother pleading her to reduce the sentence but it was to no avail. Even with Piya’s talent it took them all morning to clean up the mess created after Misha’s prank. 

“Glorious end to a glorious night.” Piya thought scrunching her face. By the time they finished cleaning the hall, sun was high up. She sat beside the window sill and thought about cooling night adventure she had with her vampire. Only if she knew his name or address or something. 

“Stupid Piya, didn't even ask his name.” 

She pulled out the ice coffin from her pockets and looked at it. It was starting to melt in heat and as it melt it revealed a small acorn seed.  They were not very common in this area. She wondered where did he get one. This must be somewhere close to where he lived.

“I am gonna find you my mystery vampire.”

Her face brightened up with a smile. She clutched the seed in her hand and looked forward to another adventure.

Maybe she finally found her prince charming who rescued her from the everyday boredom.

Edited by Abhaythevampire - 1 years ago

Res... Because I want to be first again 😎🤣

Ahaan.. A twist on conventional fairy tale plot with added crisp humor... 

Enjoyed a lot while reading.... there were moments to be mentioned which caught my eyes....

While Abhay woke up in coffin yawning and followed by hassena's dialogue.. it instantly made me giggle...kindda remind me of hotel transylvania series..... 😆

Be it human or supernatural.... we mostly get a neighbor "sharmaji" who is extra curious about us...😛 

I was expecting abhay to brush his teeth to make his canines extra shiny.. 🤣 but anyway filing works as well😆

Must admit that the snow capped Kanchenjunga is quite an unique place for your first date 🤣... But I wonder.... there are plenty of snow capped high peaks near to Dehradoon like Dhulagiri, Chaukhamba,.. or even mt Everest is nearer comp to Kanchenjunga...and he decided to take her to the eastern himalaya directly from western himalaya...should I call him silly... Or smart enough to take Piya as far as possible from others so that they could spend time without any interruption 😉

I hope when pia was letting out those loud screams during there snow adventures there were not any any group of mountaineers or climbers around the place.... then they would be massacre for them😆

All in all had a really good time going through it.... it had humor but as well as beauty too..It's like the short Halloween tells we used to watch during our childhood days❤️ .. great work... 👍🏼..keep writing...

Happy Republic day and Vasant Panchami to you

Thank you dear 🤗

hehehehe. He even asks for midnight snack like we take breakfast 🤣 indeed. Sharmaji is there to torment anyone and everyone

Aah actually i didnt mention where they started whether in dehradun or somewhere else but nonetheless i didnt pick any nearby peaks cause too close to major city-lights. U cant get a good view of milkyway or snow covered peaks all around and all year either. And as for everest i feel it has been scaled by humans so much that for tallest mountain it is quite crowded and far too common 😛 😆

Those nearby mountaineers will have a story to tell when they get down 🤣 

Thank you so much dearie. ❤️

happy republic day and vasant panchami to u as well 🤗

Originally posted by Abhaythevampire

as for everest i feel it has been scaled by humans so much that for tallest mountain it is quite crowded and far too common 😛 😆

If this was the issue then best place for the date was mt K2 in Karakoram region which is hardly scaled by humans and for winter season the climbs are totally off... 🤣...they could have enjoyed with zero interruption

Originally posted by BabyHimavari

If this was the issue then best place for the date was mt K2 in Karakoram region which is hardly scaled by humans and for winter season the climbs are totally off... 🤣...they could have enjoyed with zero interruption

well then k2 it is. I honestly dont know that much about Himalayan geography just know a names of few peaks 😊 thank you for the info 😊

Originally posted by Abhaythevampire

well then k2 it is. I honestly dont know that much about Himalayan geography just know a names of few peaks 😊 thank you for the info 😊

Welcome.😊.. I was just having some fun discussion. Hope you didn't mind... Sorry if I was offensive anyhow

Originally posted by BabyHimavari

Welcome.😊.. I was just having some fun discussion. Hope you didn't mind... Sorry if I was offensive anyhow

not at all. Its fun to have discussions and to know new things. I also like having such discussions 🤗