Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NatkhatPyare thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Where there are large numbers of Christians, those priests are very much highlighted. Malayalam movies don't shy away from berating any church. 

As for mocking Christians, Bollywood has done that since its inception. Women who sleep around are almost invariably Christian. Men who drink, same. If a Radha wedding song in SOTY got everyone riled up, there has been a Mary bar song. 

No one group is a special victim here. I'd say to my Hindu friends, join the club.

Yeah, one group seems to be exempt. But that's because most people are not brave cartoonists like those at Charlie Hebdo. As an Indian-born Christian, I dearly hope my religious friends from the community never go down that track. 

Clearly we don't agree on this.

Mocking Christian women (if that happens in Bollywood) is not the same as mocking christ or other holy figures of Christianity. Please give more examples other than mera naam mary hai. For that one example that u remember and quote everywhere there are 100s of hindu gid names misused examples and no one even remembers them.

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Originally posted by: NatkhatPyare

Clearly we don't agree on this.

Mocking Christian women (if that happens in Bollywood) is not the same as mocking christ or other holy figures of Christianity. Please give more examples other than mera naam mary hai. For that one example that u remember and quote everywhere there are 100s of hindu gid names misused examples and no one even remembers them.

How many religious figures does the average Bollywood watcher know besides Mary and Jesus to mock? 

Mocking Mary wasn't good enough for you? Church customs weren't mocked in PK?

Well then... I can only say there's some selective viewing of sensitive scenes going on here. 

And yeah... you worry about mocking gods. Gods can take care of themselves. When the average Christian girl is treated as available to anyone... that's when I start worrying. But you do you. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

A group in Indore drove the audience out. There’s a topic about it. 

Terrorists....🤢

NatkhatPyare thumbnail
Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

How many religious figures does the average Bollywood watcher know besides Mary and Jesus to mock? 

Mocking Mary wasn't good enough for you? Church customs weren't mocked in PK?

Well then... I can only say there's some selective viewing of sensitive scenes going on here. 

And yeah... you worry about mocking gods. Gods can take care of themselves. When the average Christian girl is treated as available to anyone... that's when I start worrying. But you do you. 

I'm asking for more examples of where jesus or mary have been mocked or their names have been used in a way that can be hurtful to their community.

The mocking of Hindus hindu customs and Gods was on a totally different level in PK. Btw I'm forgetting... Please remind me what was mocked about church or Christianity in PK.

Gods can take care of themselves yet we Hindus take care of baal Gopal or Laddu Gopal or idols in temples and puja ghars of home. U may find it irrational but that's how we are!

NotYourType thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: kyapa

pakhandi pandits ke mukaable paakhandi Maulvis aur paakhandi priest kam hai in India maybe that’s why. 

Bollywood is just a mirror of our society. Hollywood mein Christianity ka mazaak zada banta hai.

Wah kya comparison hai. You forgot Hindus are majority in India. So their numbers will obviously be higher but still nothing compared to the Muslim terrorists- priests or otherwise. Btw, tell me why all terrorist organisations in the world are Muslim? So it’s ok if they burn 59 Hindu pilgrims in godhra but if anyone retaliates, they are to be blamed? It’s okay if modi has been acquitted by the Supreme Court of India but if bbc says he is guilty, he is guilty? You ppl are still slaves of the raj. 
BTW, apart from boycott gang, there is also an inshallah gang on this forum. Did anyone notice? 😂😂

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

shah already tackled and won!

case closed. 

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Briaahna

shah already tackled and won!

case closed. 

I don’t think khans care plus Aamir khan he told people not to see his movie lol 😂 

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: wat_up

I don’t think khans care plus Aamir khan he told people not to see his movie lol 😂 

shah won with silence , he is not dumb . 

atominis thumbnail

Expose them. Expose them through media and SM. Especially the goons who get paid to attack theatres or protest.

Speak about them or through your writer friends, FCs, media contacts. Speak to global media about lack of creative freedom here. 

Either feed BJP leaders and get them to stop harassing you or feed opposition leaders to help counter BJP.

atominis thumbnail

Kareena said that. She said nahi dekhna toh mat dekho. Aamir did not. He was begging people to see his films and apologised also and has been doing trips to mandirs and gurdwaras.