Pandya Store

Chap 2_Massa ke Behen ka Beta

Gadbad_Ghotala thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

After a nice year away from Somnath, Raavi is back to her hometown, the place where she has memories and moments, trauma and tragedies, but more than that, it was the place that had the person she never thought she'd ever love more than anything in this world.

Shiva Pandya

But, fate had something else planned to the two when a fight between the older generation leads to enmity takeover the love.

And it all comes back to the sone ke kangan and her Massa ke Behen ka Beta...

_

a sequel to Maami ki Behen ki Beti

1. Raavi 2.0

Edited by Gadbad_Ghotala - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

firsttimehere thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I loved your fic and also the letters to raavi .

Soo looking forward to read this one πŸ˜Š

Soominol thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Hey welcome back so good to see you here again you already know i m fan of your writings so yeah i m looking forward for this master piece too β€οΈ

Do tag me πŸ’œ

Edit- btw i m pallavi  this is my new account 

Edited by Soominol - 1 years ago
naadan_panchhi thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Looking forward to read this one! 
hope so it will have a happy ending! 

Gadbad_Ghotala thumbnail

1. Raavi 2.0

Somnath

It was the place where she was brought up when her parents died.

It was the place she had lived her entire life.

It was the place where she fell in love, got her heart broken, and fell in love once again.

It was the place where her Shiva resided, and in consideration, her heart.

Raavi smiled as she looked past the outstretched forest, the bus brushing through the rocky roads and although it was a tough year away from her people, it was good break for her. It was way past a year since she had left Somnath, and with that, she thought the feelings which surfaced from Shiva would also be gone, but they only got stronger.

And of course, his letters helped a lot.

After a year of much needed solace, independence, therapy and self-care, Raavi was ready to be back to her the town that started everything, and to say she was excited was an understatement. But unlike Raavi 1.0, this Raavi was not going to let naivety cause her downfall again. A near death experience, sucidal tendencies, and a lot of thinking had made her very thoughtful towards people, emotions and mutual trust. She was still coping from being left at the altar, the wound would probably heal in time, but for now, it still left a mark. However, other than that, Raavi was also looking forward to the hopeful things that gave her a new life, a new beginning in the city.

Shiva Pandya

The very thought of him gave her cheeks a nice crimson hue and she face palmed herself at being a teenager in love whenever she would think about Shiva. The past year had been tough, yes, but Shiva had kept his promise of being with her and although not physically, Shiva had been there for her through his words. Those letters he wrote for her even when she would never reply to them had been her companion during her loneliest times and his words had been her shoulder to cry on during the darkest nights.

And after so long, she would be in front of the man, the man who saved her, the man who brought her back to who she was, the man who loved her.

"Somnath," The bus conductor screamed, more like breaking Raavi's trance and she immediately got up, picking her bags in an excited hush. She moved out of the bus and stood on the very ground that she was familiar with, only to find her excitement fading with the bus in the distance.

She felt uneasy, somehow, the excitement and longing had now turned into despair and fear, and although Raavi knew that this was her mind still weak from the trauma, she could not help but be scared about this fearful word called love. She loved Shiva, she truly did, but she had never said it aloud, not to him, not even to herself because she was scared that this love of hers would also cause her immense pain and heartache and Raavi did not want to go through hell again.

She was scared that this time, she would not escape death.

She gulped, as she eyed the town she was in, the hustle and bustle of the busy market street seemed nothing in comparison to her lonely mind, as she felt utterly alone there. The faces were not familiar anymore, nor were the lanes, she somehow either forgot her life back here or this one year had changed everything in Somnath.

Was this even Somnath?

Raavi rubbed her palms, it was a hot summer but she still felt nervous and cold, the kind of cold that anxiety would bring and there was nothing to do but bear it. She looked around, feeling the remorseful feeling of being burdened by unrealistic dreams of hers and before she could even take a step further, she found herself taking a step back. Maybe she was not yet ready to be with her people, maybe she was still wounded.

"Itna bhi bura nahi hai Somnath, jo tu aate hi jaane ko taiyaar hai."

And honestly, if Raavi would have described that voice resounding like a calm hug on a stormy night, she would have called it a call from the Almighty himself. Just like that, within a snap, when Shiva stood in front of Raavi, all of her anxieties and traumatic flashbacks vanished, she felt breathing was easier and winds were calmer, roads seemed familiar, shops looked similar, and she even recognised many a faces as they walked by her. 

Yet the face of the man who stood in front of her, smiling, was her absolute favourite. 

"Tu sach main yaha hai, yaa mujhe bas veham ho raha hai..." She said it aloud, watching him chuckle as he walked towards her.

"That makes me wonder how many times do you imagine me with you," He winked, head tilted and his hair falling over his face, over the year, handsome and chivalry had been Shiva's charm. "Chipkali, main sach mein tera Bhootnath hoon," He said now a feet apart from the girl, "you can touch me too-" 

But even before Shiva could complete his statement, Raavi engulfed him in a hug, wrapped her arms around him completely and the breath of relief which she took in his warmth was a sigh of happiness for the former who melted in her touch. He always claimed to be the toughest guy in Somnath, and yet he would be a complete puddle whenever she held him, her presence was just as powerful as it was a year back.

Maybe even more effective.

Shiva let the girl breathe as he shut his eyes, she smelled just as comfy as he'd imagine and to her, he was his home. 

"I missed you so much," Raavi said, in a low whisper, making it almost impossible for Shiva to contain himself from not kissing her. "I really really really missed you."

"Not as much as I did," He replied, hugging her back, happy to have his sunshine back in his life, Raavi noticed how his beating heart was calm and composed the moment she placed her head on his chest. "You have no idea..."

They broke the hug, eyes now locked in a loving gaze to the other, and for a moment, all seemed just fine. 

"If you keep staring at me like this," Shiva whispered leaning forward, "I will have to kiss you." 

That did the job pretty well as Raavi immediately broke contact, lowering her gaze and Shiva chuckled, loving how much he still affected her. "You are an idiot." She replied, rather tried to as she blushed.

"All yours," He winked, as he picked her bags, both in his left hand and when Raavi offered to pick one he held her hand in his right. "This one is for you," He replied, as their fingers intertwined perfectly with each other, and Raavi could not help but awe at the man who all his life kept her at an arm's distance and now, could not bear to even leave her hand. 

"I had no idea this one year away from me would make you this cheesy, Shiva." She said, as they walked towards her house, hands entwined, steps matching and unbothered by any gaze, they would not care less of what anyone thought about them. "Honestly, I think I am liking this Shiva Pandya more than the Chattan Pandya I knew."

"Aacha," Shiva played along, admiring how Raavi's eyes still lit whenever she was happy, "Main Chattan Pandya rahu na rahu, tu toh mere liye meri chipkali hi hai." He brushed their shoulders playfully and Raavi pouted, nevertheless holding his hand a little more firm as she felt at ease. 

They walked past the lanes, everything may have been different, yet it felt just the same, now that they walked with each other, and Raavi heard Shiva intently as he pointed to the renovated shops, the new entries, the oldies, the people and their stories. "This one," He pointed by his eyes as they walked past a glass convenience store, "this is the shop where you would always come and buy make-up products," He said, a twinkle in his eye, sparkling brighter than the sun, "they renovated it last summer and look how fancy it is now." Raavi was more interested in the man next to her than the nicer looking shop, "aur ye dekh," He pointed at the huge banyan tree in the middle of the market, keeping her bags down, "this one is our tree, where I once climbed and refused to come down..." Shiva chuckled, as they stood under the shade, "remember how you climbed up because I was not listening to anyone and..."

"I pushed you off the branch, and while you got ointment, I got grounded." Raavi replied, nodding with a soft smile, Shiva noticed how soft spoken she was, nevertheless, he loved her the same. "And you remember how much you teased me after that?"

To that Shiva smiled, embarrassed as he rubbed the back of his head with his palm, "arrey, so what, as if you did not have fun pushing me off and watching me wince in pain."

"Guilty as charged." Raavi tilted her head, smiling at Shiva as he chuckled, and as Shiva picked her bags up, they walked past the old town and even though it was a different town, Shiva managed to make Raavi as comfortable as he could.

And they noticed how neither of them left the other's hand, that was the one thing that reminded them that the things may now be different, but with them, it would always be the same.

"Accha sunn," Shiva said as Raavi reached the outskirts of the vicinity where Pandya Store was, she was quite excited to catch up with her Pandya family, especially Dev and Krish and more than that, Dhara and Gaumbi, "before we go in, I need to do something..." Shiva said, a bit serious and grasping Raavi's attention almost immediately. 

"Do what?" Raavi asked, concerned as Shiva took a deep breath, confusing and worrying her.

"This," He said and he leaned in, quickly take a peck of her lips and while that took her by surprise, she shut her eyes and that mini-second seemed just as delightful as their kisses did. Shiva straightened up, smiling at the blushing Raavi who had her eyes still shut. "I did not know how weak my kisses still make you... chipkali..." He said, winking and Raavi opened her eyes, gasping.

"You better run, because you are dead."

With that Shiva actually ran away, as Raavi chased him, and in they went, to the store that witnessed all of their tales. The moment Shiva stepped in, he shoved the bags aside and stood behind Dhara holding the flour packets, who was caught by surprise seeing Shiva holding her and then she smiled when she saw Raavi coming towards her, "Dhara bhabhi, please... ye chipkali mujhe kha jaayegi..." He said, as Raavi tried to catch him, and he dodged her, running past the counter towards Gaumbi who smiled at the duo. 

Raavi took the packets from Dhara, opening it as she pointed them towards Shiva, who now clearly hid behind Gautam, the man who was both startled and a little scared now, because he did not want to be in the middle of a Shiva Raavi fight. It was always messy, even though the dynamics may have changed.

"Gaumbi, aap Shiva ke samne se hato!" Raavi warned the elder Pandya.

"Gaumbi, aap mere dhaal ban ke rehna." Shiva urged as he stood behind Gaumbi who was worried, unlike his wife who was laughing from the distance. 

The fact that Raavi was back, and with her, Dhara's Shiva was back too, was just as overwhelming as it could get. 

"I am warning you Shiva, get out..."

"Arrey par, aisa kya kiya Shiva ne..." Gaumbi tried being the peace maker, he held Shiva's ear and twisted it as he brought the tall man in the front, making Raavi to also stand still. "Bata, kya kiya tune mere Raavi ke saath?" He shouted at the yelling in pain Shiva, while Dhara stood next to Raavi, interested to know more about their childish bickering.

"Suu thaiyu, Shiva," Dhara added, siding with Raavi, "abhi aayi hai woh, and you already started messing with her..." To that Raavi gave Shiva a smug smile, making Shiva to match her gaze with  a smirk.

"Haan, toh pucho iss chipkali se," Shiva added, getting out of Gautam's hold, "ask her then what did I do..." 

As all gaze now pointed at Raavi, the latter gulped, completely nervous as she met Shiva's teasing gaze, there was no way she could actually narrate what started this tom and jerry chase and he knew that well. "Woh..." Raavi hesitated, making Gautam and Dhara inch closer to the girl in concern, as Shiva did a little dance from behind them, "woh..."

The classic woh train, which Shiva was once a part off was now Raavi's forte, and she shook her head. "Kuch nahi." She said, making the elder Pandya couple sigh, smiling nevertheless because they were happy to have the Raavi they loved back. They took turns in hugging her and asking her about her whereabouts, lovingly kissing her forehead as she hugged them, while Shiva watched them, a soft smile on his face. 

Somehow, his heart felt like it was now full, and nothing could ever hinder this.

However, he spoke too soon because they heard loud bickering from outside the shop and as Gautam and Dhara rushed to witness their mother Suman Pandya in a heated argument with Prafulla Mehta, Raavi's aunt, Shiva and Raavi looked at each other, and then back at the fighting ladies.

Well, so much for jinxing it.

_

i was so excited to start this, and I hope I do complete it. Please do give your reviews, comment and vote, this helps me in knowing people are reading it and I can continue to write it.

do read Maami ki Behen ki Beti before starting this, because that will help you connect to my shivi and my ps characters a bit more. 

I am not much active, so wont be tagging anyone, hope you guys dont mind <3

RitaSkeeter thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Aww! So cute! I loved that Shiva came to pick up Raavi, and the small peck he gave her, that sent her into a fumbling "Woh, Woh" train <3

SejaI thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Gadbad_Ghotala thumbnail

2. switching personalities

Dhara Pandya was the heart of the Pandya Niwas.

Everyone knew that. Not just everyone which meant the Pandya family, everyone meant the whole of Somnath. Dhara was an orphan, her father died right after her mother ran away with her lover leaving her behind with her brother and tons of taunts and insults. However, Gautam Pandya looked past all of the society tantrums and saw Dhara for who she was.

A human being.

And not just a human, a beautiful soul who deserved only the best. And he married her, lifting her from the toil of being without a family to having three kids and a very loud mother-in-law. It was true that Suman Pandya wasn't the nicest woman, after the death of her husband and having to raise the four kids alone, and then falling down the stairs and paralysing herself, bitterness was all she had to offer. But Dhara didn't mind, not because Suman's words didn't affect her, but because the three kids that came along were much much cuter and bigger than her.

Dhara and Gautam didn't have kids of their own, all they did was handle the shop they owned, and both of them raised the three kids from notorious ten-year olds to notorious men in their twentys. Truer to her dedication, the three Pandyas often regarded her as their mother, respected her and loved her and while Suman Pandya was often envious of Dhara's hold over her kids, she was much more thankful for the woman for single-handedly taking care of them all.

Things were changing, and Dev marrying Rishita brought another female amongst the Pandya men. Rishita being a city girl was way different than they were, always wanting something more, always having her own way, and when it was not wrong, it wasn't an exactly comfortable year either. The men often let Rishita have her way, all except Shiva, because Rishita and him were those kind of opposites which never could attract each other.

Shiva and Rishita were always at loggerheads, but the important part was that it was all in fun and banters, and more often than not, the Pandyas would be entertained by the fights. Dev wouldn't barge in, unable to pick sides, Gautam would side with Rishita alongwith Krish, and Shiva would only have Dhara, who stood by him. Majority with Rishita always led to him tasting defeat and Rishita to tease him.

Dev Pandya was now promoted from handling accounts of the shop, to handling a new shop which the family was intending to open, this one was the idea of Rishita and after thinking over it, it did seem both feasible and doable. But since Krish didn't want to handle any family business, and Shiva wasn't ready to stop working for the original Pandya Store, this responsibility now fell on the shoulders of Dev Pandya. Rishita was his creative side and she was working in the HR department in the only huge company near Somnath. That kept both of them busy throughout the week.

Krish Pandya was pursing his last year in BMS, he said he wanted to change the world and except Dhara, all of the men rolled their eyes yet they let him discover his own path, being supportive as always. Krish however was always found playing on his PlayStation which he had bought for himself as a birthday gift by pleading the family to give him only cash. Shiva and Dev would often hog on the game, leaving Krish behind to pout and fret.

Gautam Pandya was more like a father figure in that household, he was often found either with his mother where they spoke at hours at a stretch, or in the shop, handling everything except the accounts which Dhara was good at. This also meant that Gautam would spend most of his time with his wife in the shop their late father had built and honestly, he was living his simple dream.

Suman Pandya on the other hand was well versed in her wheelchair in those ten years post her accident, she had made peace with the fact that she would probably not walk ever, but in no way did that ever come in between her wants and likes. She still held the power over them all, her words were the final decision and all of them eventually would obey her. However, Suman knew that out of four of her sons, two who were married wouldn't agree with her without consulting their wives and the last one was pretty useless when it came to being there for her and that left only one Pandya who was her absolute favourite and what she called, her Sona or gold because Shiva was the one with the purest heart. However lately, he'd been a lot more silent, soft and more so like this alter ego of Shiva Pandya, and Suman pretended to ignore the reason why.

Shiva Pandya was in love.

Ever since a sweet someone had gone from the town, Shiva wasn't the same anymore. He was more calm, focused, happy and more than that, respectful of everyone and by definition it also includes his arch nemesis, Prafulla, Raavi's Massi. He didn't care anymore for small petty things that often troubled him, he didn't have to wall himself now that he had let someone in, and while Raavi was the only one who knew about his true self, courtesy the letters he wrote to her, Shiva let down his guard for everyone.

To love someone you had to love yourself first and Shiva wanted to love Raavi as much as he could which he knew would only happen if he loved and accepted himself. If that meant being gentle with everyone and learning to understand others, he'd do it.

After all, Raavi was worth changing for.

But all of Shiva's happiness halted when he saw his girl after a year of staying apart and speaking via texts and calls and letters, because this wasn't the Raavi he knew before she had left. This Raavi was more careful, silent, a little more cautious, a little less naive and although Shiva didn't mind Raavi wanting to not tread lightly, he did mind in her being a mirror of what he once was.

Talk about switching personalities.

The only difference was Shiva's anger was his defence mechanism and Raavi's silence, is hers.

His heart skipped a beat when he saw her standing past the bus stand, bags in hand, burdened by the past and a step back to avoid confrontation with the yesterdays she had said goodbye to. What in the world was this feeling, because instead of turning and walking back home, avoiding all of this, he went and hugged her, held her hand, comforted her and of course, kissed her. Although it was a tiny peck, he loved how she still felt all the butterflies which he felt and thankful that he could get her to chase him.

The good old days, he smiled, when Raavi chased him inside the store, the mini Shiva and Raavi didn't haunt him ever since he had accepted defeat and confessed to Raavi a year back and although he missed them, he was thankful that he didn't have to look back and cringe at how stupid he was.

Raavi's hesitation to Gautam's question snapped him back to the present and he did a little dance, teasing the girl who was both flustered and shy. However, before they could conclude their silly banter, a loud voice and more louder voices silenced them all, the duo stepping out to witness what went wrong.

To both of their surprise, Suman Pandya who was brought in a wheelchair by Krish, was in an angry spew, pointing and yelling at the contender who was none other than Prafulla, making the bystanders to gather and the concerned members to worry.

"Suman ben," Prafulla spoke, her temper now rising, "just because I'm being respectful doesn't mean you can insult me this way." Anita, Raavi's cousin tried stopping her aunt, but no one could ever cool the lady. Prafulla was a cheerful soul, sharp and cunning as a fox, yet a funny soul who was dearest to Raavi, after all, she did raise her. And if Prafulla was angry, things were beyond repair.

"Respectful?" Suman said, scoffing, "you're being respectful by wearing those gold bangles in front of me and having the audacity to flaunt them as yours?"

"They. Are. Mine."

"No, you stole them." Suman replied, an accusation which was the start of the bitter battle between the two families, "you took them without asking me."

"You were widowed, why in the world would you need them."

"That gives you no right to steal them."

"I didn't steal them, as your sister-in-law and the DIL of the family, it's rightfully mine."

"Arrey, shukar mana, ki main abhi uth nahi sakti," Suman replied, Krish worried for the two, "warna..."

"Warna kya? Darti nahi hu main..."

Shiva and Raavi looked at each other, the latter shook her head with a sigh, she didn't want all of this again and Shiva nodded, understanding the discomfort of the girl. He took a deep breath and stepped in between. "Maa," he looked at his mother, "this isn't the time or the place,"

"Get aside Shiva, else you'll be facing my wrath too."

"I'll face all of your wrath, but can we just not do this now." He pleaded, an action that surprised Prafulla and angered Suman.

She always wanted Shiva to be with her, especially against Prafulla the thief who stole her bangles, but lately, Shiva wasn't Shiva no more. When Suman turned to speak to the other useless Pandya clan, she saw Raavi, a known figure standing close by and she realised why Shiva wanted to put this to a stop.

"Raavi?" Suman said, softly and the moment she said that, Prafulla turned and her angry eyes lit up in absolute delight when she saw her daughter right there.

All was forgotten when Prafulla and Anita went towards the girl and hugged her, kissing her, holding her, asking her, pestering her and being absolutely happy with her now back.

"Ye sab kya hai, massi-maa," Raavi replied, looking at Suman and then her aunt, "I thought we're all passed this."

"Well, some people just need to understand that more."

"And some need to not steal others valuable things."

Before Prafulla could jump right in the fight again, Raavi held her arm, distracting her. "I'm so hungry, can we just go home?" She said, eyeing Anita who nodded and added in, making the aunt of theirs to focus on the girls.

"Yes maa," Dhara added when Shiva pleaded to her from behind Suman, "Krish, why don't you take maa inside the shop, we'll all have lunch in some time." She stopped looking at Raavi and the trio moving ahead, "arrey Raavi," Dhara called out to her, "khaane pe aana shaam ko..."

Raavi was going to nod, Shiva was about to smile when Suman intervened, "not at all," She disclaimed, alarming them all, "none of the people associating with Prafulla will ever step into my house, she stole my bangles, what in the world would her girls would do." Raavi was too tired to even react, but Shiva and Gautam intervened.

"Maa, aise..." Gautam was interrupted by Shiva, who faced his mother.

"Raavi toh pehle se humare yaha aati hai..."

"Aati thi." Suman glared at Prafulla and the clan, "Aaj se nahi ayegi."

"Pan..."

"Arrey jao jao," Prafulla spoke, stepping up, "aap kya meri Raavi ko mana kar doge, main khud usse nahi bhejungi uss Ghar mein, jaha uska dil aur ummed todi thi aap ke bete na."

"Massi-maa, that's in the past." Raavi replied, hushing her mother because she didn't want to spoil her present for what happened back then. "Please..."

"Well if this old kaki of yours can hold a grudge from twenty years back, I'm going to hold onto the last year where her son blatantly insulted you and us." That shut Suman well though, "and you Raavi, you are not going to step into that house again unless you want to see me dead..." With that Prafulla pulled Raavi alongwith her as the latter looked at Shiva one last time before fading away in the distance.

"Raavi ka naam tak nahi sunna hai mujhe," Suman warned them all, especially to the son of hers who watched the love of his life leave with sad puppy eyes. "We're done with that wrecked family and their kids."

While Gautam and Dhara took the lady inside to calm her down, Krish put a hand on Shiva's shoulder, "shaadi toh abh bhaag ke karni padegi Shiva." He teased him, only for Shiva to eye his younger brother.

"Bhaag Jaa, warna layak nahi rahega."

Krish didn't have to be told twice and Shiva sighed, his love story was being hindered without it even starting.

Now what?

_

SejaI thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Thank you for the update πŸ€—

Haha Maami and Suman at loggerheads over β€˜kangan’ and Shiva and Raavi are now stuck in between πŸ˜†

Softy Shiva and silent Raavi, hmmm let’s see how Shiva manages to bring back chirpy Raavi and also resolves Maami and Suman trivial issues πŸ‘πŸΌ

Radhi12 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

Really nice update