Teri Meri Doriyaann

Symbolism and Significance!!

Ayu_12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Hello,  everyone, i really liked the trio love story sort of serial. Yes, it is a remake of a Bengali show. But here the leads took my heart. 

The girls name and their significance

Seerat - Beauty is something everyone is mad for but it doesn't work in practical life. She might be queen Chandigarh but her heart is not that good. She looks beautiful from outside but inside she is useless. 

Sahiba - The word means queen, i guess. She is the perfect represents the ideal daughter who has left her studies to earn bread and butter for this family who does not care about her. Most of the people said the character is neg, yes but it's because if you give money like this to any hard worker he or she will kick your ass. She wants everyone to give her respect ... i feel bad for her πŸ˜”

Keerat - tomboy material ... She is cute and funny. 

Sahiba will become of the queen of Angad heart , Seerat will destroy Gary  or vice versa and keerat will add adventure in Veer life. 

Now let's talk about Male leads 

Angad - there is a back story regarding his behaviour. He thinks everyone does for money, which is true but Sahiba will make him understand the value of real money. His grumpy character has layers. 

Gary - perfect villain material, bad boy and partner for seerat. 

Veer - the positive character which i adore. 

All in all, characters, storyline is good but i just hope they don't ruin the charm in future . 

Looking forward to see the storyline. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShivaShumbo thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Saw this post just now and I have to say that I completely agree with you.

1. Seerat 

Seerat is the complete opposite of her name, and we can't deny the fact that her mother's laad-pyaar and crooked ideologies have everything to do with it.

Iska sirf soorat accha hai, seerat nahi. 

And it's the same for the way she perceives people. She believes whatever her eyes see and her ears hear and thus falls in the trap set by Gary, which is favorable for everyone else because we get our end game Sahan because of it. 

2. Sahiba

Her name is a way of addressing respected women I guess, but she is no less than a queen to me. Especially when she puts people in their place. 

Of course, in the beginning I thought that she was being a bit rude at the Brar mansion. That she was an angry young woman. Her anger with Angad and maybe Kiara was justified but the way she talked to the others irked me. 

And I had come to the conclusion that she had some prejudice against rich people. But last episode, we found out where that came from. The pride of a rich khaandaan had destroyed her father and reduced him from a respected jeweller to a food-stall waala. And she had to take up the burden of her house along with him because all her mom and sister could ever do was sit and complain. 

3. Keerat 

Her name means a hard worker, if Google is to be believed. And I think that is exactly what she is. Thanks to not being her mother's favorite like Sindy baby, Keerat is more influenced by Sahiba who is the real mother figure to her, and she has learnt to be as hard working as her sister. 

And she is also a breath of fresh air with her bare face, messy braid and rough attitude. 

She has a dream and she has a sister to back her through it. I would say she is the luckiest among the Monga sisters.

4. Angad

Well, there is a lot going on for this guy. He had to take on the role of being the patriarch of the house in a sense or at least the business because his father refused to do it. And he takes this very seriously.

I feel that Akaal and Manveer have all this expectations from him to uphold the family name, the business, set an example and not be anything less than perfect that he is running like a horse with no destination like Inder says. 

He is under the constant pressure to be perfect that he ended up being a perfectionist himself. Perfectionists beats themself up the hardest and he does the same. This man does not get a break.

Let's take a moment here to note that both Sahiba and Angad DEMAND respect. Except, Sahiba's idea of respect comes from hard work. You need to respect hard work. You need to be grateful. You need to apologize when you make a mistake. 

Meanwhile, Angad's idea of respect is based on how successful you are and he equates success with your bank account (At least this is what I tell myself to calm myself down lol). So if you are not high class, it's because you are not trying enough. 

If You Are Born Poor It’s Not Your Mistake, But If You Die Poor It’s Your Mistake

I think he is this sort of guy. πŸ‘†πŸ‘†

5. Gary

Swag hai jatta

I mean, I can't stand him but I really gotta say that this guy is a smooth talker, and none of the usual OTT romeo vibes they usually show, except for initially maybe. 

I don't think he is completely antagonistic. He is a grey character. 

He is influenced by his mother's words, feels left out as a Baweja and wants to compete with Angad. 

But I don't think he is that bad by the way that he needs reminding from his mother to not go look for Angad when he is missing and take the stage with his Daaji.

I know they are making him increasingly bad by the day but this is the impression I have of him now. 

6. Veer

If it isn't obvious from my profile picture and signature, I am a big fan of JHope. And Veer gives me JHope vibes. He is not as hot as JHope but he really is a ray of sunshine. A capable businessman if Angad was confident enough to give him the responsibility of their biggest project and a new venture into properties. But he is a musician, he is funny and he is full of love and he looks at the glass half full.

He is the optismism that Keerat needs and she is the kickass pehelwan he needs.