Katha Ankahee

Rape or Prostitution.

Neutral2 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Time and again this topic comes in almost every discussion. So I thought of opening it to discuss boldly. Not sure if this is against forum rule or not.

Whatever happened between Katha and Viaan, what will you termed this?

1. Rape

2. Prostitution 

3. One night stand.

So here definition is not clear and may be different for different people. My takes on :-

1. Rape is forcefully sex. Force could be anything from physical (using strength), mental (blackmail), emotional (like sex on the promise of marriage then backout) or by some kind of drug (including normal sleep).

If you called the ONS Rape then who is rapist here. Did Viaan a rapist. How?? He didn't use force in anyway. If you are terming this Rape because of Katha's helplessness then isn't  God involved in this as Aarav cancer is God given. How do you justify this as Rape without God involvement.

2. Prostitution :- Doing sex for money. For different people instead of money it could be any other favor.

Would you call Katha prostitute?

Prostitute is a job where woman sell their body. Would you call one time selling their body as Prostitute. I think no. That's why Many models/actress who are involve in this are not called prostitute.

Did Katha sold her body? She didn't ask for money. She asked for loan. Again on what conditions the loan was given is not mentioned. Did Viaan give loan on 0%. If he did then Katha got some money benefits from this. If not then she didn't get any money. She has to return loan amount with interest.

Only favor she got is loan of huge amount which she will not get in any normal circumstances. I will not call her prostitute for one this favor and only one time.

3. ONS :- Again this is huge topic whether Katha's helplessness is considered her consent or not. Clearly Katha was not happy with the sex. So if you don't call this Rape or prostitute then whether this should be called ONS or there should be another word like casting couch.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Twinklestar139 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 3

Guys please be respectful and foster a healthy discussion. It’s okay to have opposing opinions but let’s not turn it into a fight.

Rosh4rose thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Prostitution or one night stand are not crime !

Both parties are willing whether happy or not !

Rape you can’t compare with the above two m, It is a crime 

Nothing to do with this serial .. It is as simple as that !

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Prostitution! Here is the definition of the word

‘the practice of engaging in sexual activity with someone for payment.’

Reason is irrelevant.

But of course in eastern cultures being a suffering mother makes everything OK. Other women don’t have the same rights.

pomegranate thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

If Katha is ashamed about that night it is because she knows she will be labelled as a prostitute, but even prostitutes are worthy of respect.

Edited by pomegranate - 1 years ago
angelic2005 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

It was no longer a loan it was a deal. Otherwise Katha would insist paying it back. She put down conditions but Viaan got curious and broke them. 

-Pj- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Irshita

But of course in eastern cultures being a suffering mother makes everything OK. Other women don’t have the same rights.

Wasn’t that Katha’s point to him after he found it? The reason was irrelevant, now he found out he feels bad for taking advantage. But he should have just felt bad for taking advantage in the first place. She came for a loan not wanting to sleep with you. Her reason for a loan isn’t his concern.  

It wasn’t rape as neither parties was forced. Also not really a ONS as there was a condition linked to it. But it can be prostitution as there was a ‘payment’ in exchange for sex.   

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: -Pj-

Wasn’t that Katha’s point to him after he found it? The reason was irrelevant, now he found out he feels bad for taking advantage. But he should have just felt bad for taking advantage in the first place. She came for a loan not wanting to sleep with you. Her reason for a loan isn’t his concern.  

It wasn’t rape as neither parties was forced. Also not really a ONS as there was a condition linked to it. But it can be prostitution as there was a ‘payment’ in exchange for sex.   

I am not going to pass any judgment on Katha for sleeping with a guy for money. If she sleeps with 10 more, it is OK. 

My problem is more with the fact that all the blame is falling on the guy and the woman is refusing to take responsibility of her actions and decisions. AND it is being justified because she was doing this to save her son. 

He made an offer and she accepted it. They are equal partners in this transaction. Why should she get a moral high ground?  

The feminist in me cringes when women want equal rights/authority but not equal responsibility. 

amrapali2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

The thing is, I’m struggling to put what happened that night in a specific category. If someone were to ask me what happened that night, I would just say that there was a deal/agreement between them. She needed a huge sum of money. He said he will give it, but she has to spend the night with him. She agreed, with conditions. Both agree to the conditions, and went ahead. I would say Viaan was wrong for that offer, but my opinion is mainly based on the fact that he was her boss, so he was in a position of power. And I really have problems with Viaan on that aspect. As for what happened that night, a deal/agreement happened.

I would not call it a rape for sure. He didn’t force her. Her life wasn’t in danger/ he didn’t threaten her. So for me, rape is out of the question. Perhaps her situation was bad, but there was no force/manipulation involved. As for ONS, usually I refer to that night as an ONS just because it describes what happened between Katha and Viaan. But if I were to go deep into definition, perhaps ONS is not entirely accurate; I would say that an ONS is between two people who are simply attracted to each other, so there wouldn’t really be any strict conditions. So I guess the closest category I can put the night into is prostitution. But Katha shouldn’t be guilty of it, since she took part in the deal for a reason. 

Edited by amrapali2 - 1 years ago
Pyaricetamol thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

What happened between Katha and Viaan is similar to casting couch. Let's not try to whitewash the incident just because they are going to be a couple in the future. That was what the whole #MeToo campaign all about. Men taking advantage of their position and taking sexual favours from women. 

The whole narrative set for Viaan's guilt too is problematic. He is guilty because Katha is not a gold digger and she needed money for her son..Like really? Even if she was a gold digger would it make his offer okay? Absolutely NO.