Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Malini Sharma had the most potential. I got nightmares after watching Raaz. I must have been a preteen. Even "what lies beneath" is not as scary. They keep the spirit as a good spirit. In Raaz they had to make the spirt wicked in order to glorify the adulterous husband, make him look like a good guy and a poor victim. (So typical of Hindi films. šŸ˜†) But boy did they make the spirit wicked and did Malini's acting scared the living daylights out of me and my cousins. We all saw it together with family as kids. 

I have not seen Pooja Selvi's work. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago
infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Malini Sharma had the most potential. I got nightmares after watching Raaz. I must have been a preteen. Even "what lies beneath" is not as scary. They keep the spirit as a good spirit. In Raaz they had to make the spirt wicked in order to glorify the adulterous husband, make him look like a good guy and a poor victim. (So typical of Hindi films. šŸ˜†) But boy did they make the spirit wicked and did Malini's acting scare the living daylights out of me and my cousins we all saw it together with family as pre-teens. 

I have not seen Pooja Selvi's work. 

+1. Raaz is one of the few BW movies thatā€™s still scary af! It gave me nightmares as a kid. Especially that banshee scream. Malini was super scary as the ghost girl and even when her character was alive she was creepy as hell. But still so beautiful  ā¤ļø Wonder where she disappeared. 

infinity101 thumbnail

Damn Udita Goswami was so hot! Itā€™s a shame we saw her only in a few films. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Originally posted by: infinity101

+1. Raaz is one of the few BW movies thatā€™s still scary af! It gave me nightmares as a kid. Especially that banshee scream. Malini was super scary as the ghost girl and even when her character was alive she was creepy as hell. But still so beautiful  ā¤ļø Wonder where she disappeared. 

Every person I know has the funniest stories as a child. Was I a pre-teen? I must have been younger. We had just seen "What lies Beneath" the previous year in Europe. We weren't scared watching that. I could not sleep alone at night after watching Raaz. I needed one of my parents there with me. So did my cousins. No Indian horror film has managed to do that before or after. Most are unintentional comedies. šŸ˜† It is funny "What lies beneath" is more of thriller because you do not expect the ending but it is not even half as scary. Raaz even the director said was inspired by "What lies beneath" for the most part. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago
JayaBachan thumbnail
  • Koena ruined her face with plastic surgery
  • Sneha was doomed from the start. No celebrity lookalike has ever succeeded, especially if you sound like youā€™re croaking your dialogues through a painful bout of constipation. 
  • Udita looked exotic in Paap with great facial bone structures. Unfortunately, her voice was dubbed by the same artist whoā€™s likely dubbed Bipasha in the past. The gasping and heavy breathing was too distracting and didnā€™t leave a great impression. 
  • Malini was terrifying in Raaz and unfortunately first impression has a lingering impact, especially if you do a good job at it. She couldā€™ve played the role of a butterfly and Iā€™d still think sheā€™s a possessed ghost screaming in the woods. 
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Originally posted by: FingerFetish

• Sneha was doomed from the start. No celebrity lookalike has ever succeeded, especially if you sound like youā€™re croaking your dialogues through a painful bout of constipation. 
  • Udita looked exotic in Paap with great facial bone structures. Unfortunately, her voice was dubbed by the same artist whoā€™s likely dubbed Bipasha in the past. The gasping and heavy breathing was too distracting and didnā€™t leave a great impression. 
  • Malini was terrifying in Raaz and unfortunately first impression has a lingering impact, especially if you do a good job at it. She couldā€™ve played the role of a butterfly and Iā€™d still think sheā€™s a possessed ghost screaming in the woods. 

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

infinity101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Every person I know has the funniest stories as a child. Was I a pre-teen? I must have been younger. We had just seen "What lies Beneath" the previous year in Europe. We weren't scared watching that. I could not sleep alone at night after watching Raaz. I needed one of my parents there with me. So did my cousins. No Indian horror film has managed to do that before or after. Most are unintentional comedies. šŸ˜† It is funny "What lies beneath" is more of thriller because you do not expect the ending but it is not even half as scary. Raaz even the director said was inspired by "What lies beneath" for the most part. 

I donā€™t blame you. Raaz was one legit scary movie at that time. I remember I couldnā€™t even watch it during the day while alone lol. The atmosphere, those woods, the music, the haunting hills, that mirror wala scene was creepy as hell. Do recommend some good horror movies please, I am a total sucker for them šŸ˜†

infinity101 thumbnail
Originally posted by: FingerFetish

Did they dub Uditaā€™s voice in Aksar too? If they didnā€™t I must say she had a really sexy voice šŸ˜† Was never a great actress but those erotic type movies were ever hardly about acting lol. Koena was blah and Sneha was a sasti copy of Aish šŸ¤”

Edited by infinity101 - 1 years ago
JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: infinity101

Did they dub Uditaā€™s voice in Aksar too? If they didnā€™t I must say she had a really sexy voice šŸ˜† Was never a great actress but those erotic type movies were ever hardly about acting lol. Koena was blah and Sneha was a sasti copy of Aish šŸ¤”

I just skimmed through the movie on youtube and my ears are traumatised. Thatā€™s not her real voice. In fact, her voice was dubbed by someone named Neeti Mather, who also dubbed my arch nemesisā€™s voice, the one and only, Kripa Sharma from Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai. šŸ¤® I never thought that in this janam Iā€™d ever have to hear that voice again.