Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Captain Anuj Nayyar's Mom..she avoided listening to Sandese Aate hai for 24 years. Hum inn parents ko jitna bhi thanks bole kum hai ..Salute to the Army

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Not one guy across the last three seasons has the voice quality better than Pawandeep Rajan. The performance was a treat to watch..don't have much knowledge of sur, taal n technicalities..but that voice 👌👌👌👌👌

Also loved watching the live wire Ashish on TV after long. Senjuti finally got a partner matching her energy..brought out the best in her.

And must confess..Rishi's was the best among solos 

Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Can someone do an update from yestersays epi please? 😊

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I sat to watch the episode past 10 PM but it was not yet uploaded on Sony Liv.  Will try to catch it on 26th Jan itself now, because spending so much time is difficult on weekdays.

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Captain Anuj Nayyar's Mom..she avoided listening to Sandese Aate hai for 24 years. Hum inn parents ko jitna bhi thanks bole kum hai ..Salute to the Army

Not yet watched the episode, but I totally agree with you.  I have visited a few border areas including high altitude ones, and have read a few books about the valour.  The amount of sacrifices they make is just too big to be put into words.

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Republic Day special 

A late update, nevertheless posting since some members had asked.

A long episode with solos of all contestants plus duets with Idol finalists of prev seasons, interspersed with stories of valour  & achievement.  A well-researched, well- performed highly engaging episode. TCT does these specials very well. 👍

Solos :-

Sonakshi :- Ye hai desh was so so beautifully rendered by her, it was an outstanding performance.  But once again she was denied of an MBD.  No surprises now.🙄

Debo :- Aisa desh hai Mera. It was a good performance, no doubt, fetching MBD but I felt Sona was better.

Chirag :- Sandeshe aate hai.  This iconic song by itself stirs up emotions, even with a mediocre rendition. A  good effort by Chirag

Senjuthi :- Ye watan from Raazi. A lovely composition sung very well, 

Rishi :- Teri mitti.  It was expected that this song would go to him.  A wonderful performance no doubt. Don’t wanna compare, but it fell just a wee bit short for me since this is PD’s flagship song, & it resonates in the mind.  Basically, it is the difference in  the tonal quality . I felt Rishi did some extra harkatein in some places that could’ve been avoided.  Nevertheless ,it was a superb rendition.

Bidipta :- Fanaa song. Good.

Shivam :- Mere desh ki dharti was sung with great aplomb.  Loved it.  A very deserving  MBD.  
Navdeep :- This was the last performance of the 2 hr episode & honestly, he put me to sleep.  Struggled to stay tuned, wondered at the ga-ga & MBD as usual.

Duets:-

Debo -Sayli :- A good rendition of Mera Karma.  Their voices gel well.  MBD given

Shivam -Danish :-Rang de basanti title song.  Danish was not upto the mark, esp in the beginning.  Shivam as usual was very good.  Together they exuded so much energy; a very enjoyable rendition.

Bidipta - Aru :- Ae mere watan.  Bidipta was good, but it was Aru all the way for me.  These songs are meant for her - just her .  💕

Rishi -PD :- Vande Mataram.  The minute PD starts you just go wow … nobody can have this pull.  I know this is about the contestants & not the guests, but can’t help it. The PD effect is unique.  As I said earlier, it is his voice which aims straight to the heart. Rishi of course sang superbly, and it is not easy given the nature of the song & the guy you are paired with.  Together it was a wonderful performance.  

Senjuthi - Ashish :- Jai Ho. I was reminded of how much I missed Ashish.  A superb rendition by both. Senjuthi nicely matching the tone & energy level of Ashish.  
chirag -nihal :- One of my fav songs by one of my fav idol finalist.  Wonderful rendition.  The song itself has such high energy, that it is difficult to make it mediocre.  But these two did a great job. 
Navdeep - Sunny :- My least fav contestant with my least fav Idol winner singing my most fav Sonu number..😁.  I didn’t want bias to creep in, made a conscious effort to be objective.  But, Navdeep turned the Rang De basanti Chola into a ghazal or whatever… completely robbing the song of its identity. 🙄 Together they were a pain to my ears. I just wanted it to end. 

Asides…

* It was so so nice to see the idol finalists back. They make for better guests than some yesteryear celebrities. No offence.

* The stories of the guests were so heartwarming.

* Capt Anuj’s mom … no words… 🙏🙏

* Manoj M repeated some of his shayari , still it had the same magnetic effect; though he could’ve gone  a bit easy on Pak bashing, it was still 👍👌

* PD & Rishi were missing in between - backstage rehearsals? 
 * Judges’ comments were cut off for some performances, esp conspicuous in Aru-Bidipta duet.😔

* ‘Have-Power-Shall-cut’  moment by TCT…😁. The ‘ kabhi mic kabhi batwa’ comment & Aru ‘s annoyance which made the fandom go into an overdrive was cut.  Highly unlikely that Aru will go on stage to sing without a mic. So was she called for some interactive session? 🤔  But Bidipta was also there, I think. 🤔. Oh well, the mystery will remain…

* Nice gesture by PD’s family supporting Rishi.

Overall a very enjoyable episode. Jai ho.🇮🇳 👍
 And finally…

.Martyrs +moms+ matrubhumi+Muntashir = moist eyes. I must confess it was more than moist eyes for me. A tear here, a smile there, a cheer everywhere…👍👌.  Happy Republic Day. 🇮🇳

Edited by anoushka_113 - 1 years ago
PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Originally posted by: anoushka_113

Republic Day special 

A late update, nevertheless posting since some members had asked.

A long episode with solos of all contestants plus duets with Idol finalists of prev seasons, interspersed with stories of valour  & achievement.  A well-researched, well- performed highly engaging episode. TCT does these specials very well. 👍

Solos :-

Sonakshi :- Ye hai desh was so so beautifully rendered by her, it was an outstanding performance.  But once again she was denied of an MBD.  No surprises now.🙄

Debo :- Aisa desh hai Mera. It was a good performance, no doubt, fetching MBD but I felt Sona was better.

Chirag :- Sandeshe aate hai.  This iconic song by itself stirs up emotions, even with a mediocre rendition. A  good effort by Chirag

Senjuthi :- Ye watan from Raazi. A lovely composition sung very well, 

Rishi :- Teri mitti.  It was expected that this song would go to him.  A wonderful performance no doubt. Don’t wanna compare, but it fell just a wee bit short for me since this is PD’s flagship song, & it resonates in the mind.  Basically, it is the difference in  the tonal quality . I felt Rishi did some extra harkatein in some places that could’ve been avoided.  Nevertheless ,it was a superb rendition.

Bidipta :- Fanaa song. Good.

Shivam :- Mere desh ki dharti was sung with great aplomb.  Loved it.  A very deserving  MBD.  
Navdeep :- This was the last performance of the 2 hr episode & honestly, he put me to sleep.  Struggled to stay tuned, wondered at the ga-ga & MBD as usual.

Duets:-

Debo -Sayli :- A good rendition of Mera Karma.  Their voices gel well.  MBD given

Shivam -Danish :-Rang de basanti title song.  Danish was not upto the mark, esp in the beginning.  Shivam as usual was very good.  Together they exuded so much energy; a very enjoyable rendition.

Bidipta - Aru :- Ae mere watan.  Bidipta was good, but it was Aru all the way for me.  These songs are meant for her - just her .  💕

Rishi -PD :- Vande Mataram.  The minute PD starts you just go wow … nobody can have this pull.  I know this is about the contestants & not the guests, but can’t help it. The PD effect is unique.  As I said earlier, it is his voice which aims straight to the heart. Rishi of course sang superbly, and it is not easy given the nature of the song & the guy you are paired with.  Together it was a wonderful performance.  

Senjuthi - Ashish :- Jai Ho. I was reminded of how much I missed Ashish.  A superb rendition by both. Senjuthi nicely matching the tone & energy level of Ashish.  
chirag -nihal :- One of my fav songs by one of my fav idol finalist.  Wonderful rendition.  The song itself has such high energy, that it is difficult to make it mediocre.  But these two did a great job. 
Navdeep - Sunny :- My least fav contestant with my least fav Idol winner singing my most fav Sonu number..😁.  I didn’t want bias to creep in, made a conscious effort to be objective.  But, Navdeep turned the Rang De basanti Chola into a ghazal or whatever… completely robbing the song of its identity. 🙄 Together they were a pain to my ears. I just wanted it to end. 

Asides…

* It was so so nice to see the idol finalists back. They make for better guests than some yesteryear celebrities. No offence.

* The stories of the guests were so heartwarming.

* Capt Anuj’s mom … no words… 🙏🙏

* Manoj M repeated some of his shayari , still it had the same magnetic effect; though he could’ve gone  a bit easy on Pak bashing, it was still 👍👌

* PD & Rishi were missing in between - backstage rehearsals? 
 * Judges’ comments were cut off for some performances, esp conspicuous in Aru-Bidipta duet.😔

* ‘Have-Power-Shall-cut’  moment by TCT…😁. The ‘ kabhi mic kabhi batwa’ comment & Aru ‘s annoyance which made the fandom go into an overdrive was cut.  Highly unlikely that Aru will go on stage to sing without a mic. So was she called for some interactive session? 🤔  But Bidipta was also there, I think. 🤔. Oh well, the mystery will remain…

* Nice gesture by PD’s family supporting Rishi.

Overall a very enjoyable episode. Jai ho.🇮🇳 👍
 And finally…

.Martyrs +moms+ matrubhumi+Muntashir = moist eyes. I must confess it was more than moist eyes for me. A tear here, a smile there, a cheer everywhere…👍👌.  Happy Republic Day. 🇮🇳

Thank you for this.  I watched most of the episode yesterday while also skipping a lot.  And I am not going to write a review because I completely agree with everything you have said above:  the contestants and their performances, the Idol guests, Arunita's singing, Pawandeep's voice, Manoj Muntashir's poetry, and above all, the stories of valour!

Plus I really don't think I can say it better than you 👍

PV_IFhandle thumbnail