Why highlight only few?

tumtum thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

It seems these Master Chefs are giving more attention to only Those who have some emotional stories . 

Not fair ☹️

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

A4Anjie thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

knowing contestant's background ONLY once is good - these reality shows keep overusing them - only reason I stay away from most of them!!!!!!!!

on indian idol some lady (RJ/VJ) asked same question why focus on emotional stories... and HR replied... if you go for job interview, they ask for details - your address, family back ground etc... if there is no emotion, it will be 'plain wood'... something in that line... which i strongly disagree😈

judge them on their talent, not the background!

Minionite thumbnail

I don't think they're highlighting those with emotional stories. I feel like they're giving more screen time to those who are probably going to the end or they give screen time to those who are going to win that round. If you see, during tasting, the people they show the full review for are the ones who "win" that round and the ones they call in "batches" so to speak are the ones who go out. Also during cooking time, they usually highlight the stronger contestants mostly - I have a feeling those are the ones who are still in the game.

MC is probably at least 2 to 3 weeks ahead of what we're seeing on TV right now. Maybe even more. So they definitely have a better idea of who is in the game and who is out hence editors are using that as a way of keeping those people on top of our mind.

Deltablues thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: MinionBoss

I don't think they're highlighting those with emotional stories. I feel like they're giving more screen time to those who are probably going to the end or they give screen time to those who are going to win that round. If you see, during tasting, the people they show the full review for are the ones who "win" that round and the ones they call in "batches" so to speak are the ones who go out. Also during cooking time, they usually highlight the stronger contestants mostly - I have a feeling those are the ones who are still in the game.

MC is probably at least 2 to 3 weeks ahead of what we're seeing on TV right now. Maybe even more. So they definitely have a better idea of who is in the game and who is out hence editors are using that as a way of keeping those people on top of our mind.

Oh it's definitely the editing. I don't think they call contestants in batches during the shoot, and they will probably stop doing that as people get fewer.

Also, the only people who really had emotional stories were Baa and Nazia. Both are out of the contest so i don't think that holds true  Those were the ones actually playing with indian cuisine instead of just using indian ingredients with western techniques.

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

No doubt that the favourites this year are Kamaldeep, Aruna and Shanta and maybe you could add in Nayanjyoti.

On Mondays episode except for tasting they didn’t show Deepa - seems like she’s fallen out of favour, otherwise they quite liked her.

I hope there is no favouritism, but their favourites dishes are praised to the skies - like the popcorn on Aruna’s dish (I can’t get over it). Maybe it was a great idea, but they didn’t stop. 
Or continuously calling Kamaldeep, mommy is like drawing attention to her and the fact that she’s left her children behind. It has no relation to the show!

Rukhi thumbnail

every season yhi hota hai 🤔

locopoco thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Can't take the bias behavior they have towards Aruna. She never experiments, sticks to old recipes no innovation but is praised so much. Her portions are so tiny but she is never criticized. On the other hand everyone is yelled at for presentation, portion size, innovation and list goes on. Feels like Aruna is one of the sponsors of this show. Such open biased that I have stopped watching it.

A4Anjie thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

In previous episode, RB asked a contestant ... did you try this combination before ?? lady said no, this is first time... and RB was like... this is MC kitchen, not your trial pad.... something similar... 

I was like....😒 if you use only known/familiar recipes... how...  it is called innovation ??? they keep saying do something different... 

It was not her fault that innovation failed, or judges did not like it... she tried...at least.

Sandy2079 thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.