•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 1 years ago

Trial by fire - out now (review thread)

When I searched for "Trial By Fire", I first got a 2018 biografical movie from the US filmindustry...then I came on the series and thought "oh no!" (because I'm not really fond of series)...then I read about the story and this review...and I think, with some 'me-time' at hand, I'll watch it:

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/web-series/trial-by-fire-review-poignant-series-on-uphaar-tragedy-8379828/

It's based on the book the couple wrote...and this already gives me a positive vibe...

Edit: Well, I think, I'll also watch the American movie because it's based on a story in the New Yorker...about something that really happened. (I like such kind of movies).

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago

I watched it - binge watched to be exact and I'm shook. The show is so raw and emotional. Abhay Deol and Rajshri Deshpande did a fantabulous job as grieving parents looking for change.

There are a few filmi moments in the show - specifically that hitman cum fruit exporter - that just seemed a bit farfetched, but I will excuse the series for such moments.

It's a very hard to watch series. At several points I felt like turning it off because it was so emotional and gutwrenching, but I stuck it out and I'm glad.

I'm also glad that this wasn't a tale of revenge. It was a tale of finding improvements and of a couple, whose world had been rocked by the loss of both their children, and how they find a new meaning to life together.

Seriously a must watch. Do not skip this! 

Absolutely loved it. Brilliant performance by Rajshree. A difficult watch but worth it 

Considered probably one of the best Netflix films wow. 

Saw it and liked it! Abhay Deol and Rajshri were phenomenal.