Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JustWandering thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I foresee this turning into a political and religious discussion, which I don’t want, so I’m trying hard to bite my tongue 👀. 

Bollywood will no longer be Bollywood.  

A large chunk of Bollywood actions movies always show the bad guys as Muslims. So Saudis taking over will change the theme of all these War, Tiger, Pathan, Baby type movies.  Then there’s all the contemporary movies that show kissing and premarital sex, that will stop. So will all the skimpy outfits. No more Dostana themed movies.  I’m not sure of this but from what I’ve heard they might even ban images of Hindu gods and idols.  

Ironicall, if it wasn’t for the first and last examples I gave, there will be some extremist groups in India that will welcome all the other changes.  

They have already bent their rules to accommodate Ronaldo and his GF staying in saudi… they also had their second film festival where I saw plenty of cleavage and leg show… I doubt they are going to be imposing any of that… And why would they ban images of gods and idols? Indian school in saudi is teaching their scriptures without any issue there… in fact they are now lookkkg for international projects from BW and HW  to come shoot there… 
good to see saudi moving forward and hopefully every other place they previously exported their brand of extremism will catch up soon 

Also war and Pathan had a good Muslim guy too 😆 balance the bad 

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Originally posted by: vcs17

no thanks, the underworld funding (where do you think it came from)  in the 90s has led to this current state of bw 

Maybe they could get us the Salman/Deepika pairing lol

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: JustWandering

They have already bent their rules to accommodate Ronaldo and his GF staying in saudi… they also had their second film festival where I saw plenty of cleavage and leg show… I doubt they are going to be imposing any of that… And why would they ban images of gods and idols? Indian school in saudi is teaching their scriptures without any issue there… in fact they are now lookkkg for international projects from BW and HW  to come shoot there… 
good to see saudi moving forward and hopefully every other place they previously exported their brand of extremism will catch up soon 

Also war and Pathan had a good Muslim guy too 😆 balance the bad 

I think Ronaldo’s situation is the exception they’ve made for him.  Saudi government is not changing their laws regarding live in relationships.  Having foreigners come there for one specific purpose, the festival, and show cleavage is one thing. But we are talking about the hypothetical of Saudi taking over Bollywood as an industry. Yes there have been changes in recent years, but overall it’s still a very conservative country and government.  

About the idols, I based it on what I had heard of in the past. Are idols shown in any movie that airs on state TV or in their movie theaters?  

JustWandering thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I think Ronaldo’s situation is the exception they’ve made for him.  Saudi government is not changing their laws regarding live in relationships.  Having foreigners come there for one specific purpose, the festival, and show cleavage is one thing. But we are talking about the hypothetical of Saudi taking over Bollywood as an industry. Yes there have been changes in recent years, but overall it’s still a very conservative country and government.  

About the idols, I based it on what I had heard of in the past. Are idols shown in any movie that airs on state TV or in their movie theaters?  

they are making a lot of exceptions these days 😆 

Why would they want to “take over”? Has UAE taken over BW? They just want foreign projects to be shot there.. make money, promote tourism… they have realized they can’t rely on oil money forever… 

don’t know abt state tv but in theaters yes… they are not censoring idols in movies…

they have a long way to catch up with dubai… but things are changing there literally every week… and it looks like they plan to surpass dubai in glitz and glam… and they sure do have way more money than UAE and sharp intention to achieve it… who would have thought 😂 just few years ago they were jailing women for driving cars and now they are hosting women golf championship and had first female fifa umpire…. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Why would they want to “take over”? Has UAE taken over BW? They just want foreign projects to be shot there.. make money, promote tourism… they have realized they can’t rely on oil money forever… 

don’t know abt state tv but in theaters yes… they are not censoring idols in movies…

they have a long way to catch up with dubai… but things are changing there literally every week… and it looks like they plan to surpass dubai in glitz and glam… and they sure do have way more money than UAE and sharp intention to achieve it… who would have thought 😂 just few years ago they were jailing women for driving cars and now they are hosting women golf championship and had first female fifa umpire…. 

The movies make alot of money in UAE

rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

It's HILARIOUS 😃

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

The topic is about the hypothetical of Saudi taking control of Bollywood.  

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: dumpehathauda

They would've brought in so much money that the RW trolls would've promoted BW instead. 

🤣

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I don't see what will change. Saudis, Qataris and the rest of the middle east fund corporations, sports teams, entertainment industries everywhere. They treat them mostly as investments and a little bit of show off. 

Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

Saudi + other gulf countries will continue to export Wahhabism/ Salafism to continue getting cheap labour from poorer Muslims and get defended when they do gross human right violations i.e see Qatar World Cup .