•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 1 years ago

Her ears were ringing. 

Anupama was trying to hold back her tears. Her heart was galloping, her breath came out harshly.she was trying to keep herself together... But everyone speaking all at once wasn't helping. 

"Are mard hai, rk baar pair fisal gaya to kya galat kiya? Agar ye gawar jara dhang se rahti to Vanraj bahar kyu jata? "...... Baas words were like molten lead... Searing her ears and burning her heart. 

" Beta rishto me is tarah ki takrar hoti rahti hai, lekin iska matlab ye to nahi ki rishte khtm kar diye jaye?! "... Hasmukh Shah... Ever the wise person spoke softly. 

There gaslighting tactics would have worked any other day, she would have gladly forgiven her husband.. Accepting whatever  scrapes of affection he threw at her. But not today. Anupama has gone beyond their reach. 

Because her husband... Vantaj cheater Shah has gotten another woman pregnant. 

But Anupama didn't reveal the pregnancy to Shah family... She knew that poor baby will be Weaponised by everyone in that cursed house.... Used to shackle her there... Making her their slave forever. 

Her salvation was already in her hands though... He dance performances at a state level competition for go unnoticed. She was invited to perform in USA. An international cultural event... All expenses paid. 

But she needed to focus, she needed to get out of that madhouse and this doomed marriage. 

" I had to give up on my education and hobbies because of you and your son baa. If your son desired sophistication then why did he marry me? He knew I was still studying. You knew my background. Still you chose me to be his bride. But ever since I got married I never had a moment of peace. All I got was your taunts and Vanraj's Neglect. He can spend his time and money with that other woman while I slave away for you, an you dare to call me a gawar! "

Baa shouted, " Pati ka naam nahi lete you fool! "

" Vo mere pati nahi hai! ",. Anupama shouted back, startling everyone. 

" Agar vo dil se khudko mera pati mante... To mujhe kabhi dhokha nahi dete. Mai mar jaungi leking ab inke sath nahi rahungi. "

Vanraj thundered, his fury visible, " To jao yaha se, de dunga talaq tumhe. Tumhe kya lagta hai, tum mere bina jee logi? Samaj me jeena mushkil ho jayega tumhara jab sat pe divrcee ka stamp lagaye ghumogi. "

" So be it. ".... She said calmly. 

4 months later, Anupama's heart was again thundering in her chest, her ears ringing... But it was because of exertion of her dance performance. 

The cacophony of applause didn't stop for 10 minutes, her idea of performing classical with live rock music while explaining different human emotions was well recieved. She smiled ear to ear, elated for a job well accomplished. 

And for first time in life, She was just Anupama... Away from the tags of daughter, wife and divorcee. 

What she didn't realise though... Was her future awaited somewhere in audience... A man applauding and whistling most loudly, his face glowing with pride, and his eyes shining bright with hope and joy... 

" I must see her after the show. " Thought one Anuj Kapadiya. 

Anuj reached backstage, after bribing the student volunteer with some hotdogs. He was nervous, he had never talked directly to Anupama in college, will she even remember him? 

Anupama had changed in jeans and t shirt, her face devoid of her stage makeup. She wanted to eat her weight in food and them sleep for at least 12 hours, months of practice and preparation for the show had taken a toll on her.  So she did what anybody would do when someone puts a hand on your shoulder unexpectedly. 

She screamed like a banshee. 

" Anupama... Anupama.. It's me.. Anuj kapadiya.. We went to same college.. Please calm down".. 

" Anuj kapadiya... Yes I remember you.. What are you doing here? "

" I came here for a summer course of thebusiness, I was missing Indian food a lot. So when I heard this program I decided to attend. " He lied a bit, Anupamas face on the posters of that convention was his true motivation, but she didn't need to know it. Yet. 

"Oh, even I am very hungry. I was just heading out to the food stalls. We can go together.. " 

Anuj was surprised with her invitation for dinner. She rarely spoke to guys at campus, and never went to any outings. He took a moment to reply. 

" If you don't want to, it's ok. " Anupama said, mistaking his surprise for rejection. 

" Ohh no no no.... I would love to go with you. We can eat and catch up. " 

Fate has given him a gift... Who he was to refuse. 

4 years later

Anupama was once again on stage, this time in her graduation robes. The Hall was once again thundering with applause and whistling, the loudest cheer belonged to Anuj. 

She smiled and winked looking at him directly, but her mind wandered a bit. Her divorce, that trip to USA and her return to complete her education was topic of gossip for months. She was scared to step a foot inside the college, but her best friend devika stood behind her like a wall. Even though her marriage had put a one year gap in her education and she had to repeat a year, she persisted with the support of her brother and her friends Devika and Anuj. 

Anuj WAS her friend. Now the feelings they had for each other raan deep to the soul. She blushed, thinking about him. 

After photos were taken and everyone was done mingling, Anuj and Anupama got some privacy. He was bursting with some unknown emotion, something she couldn't understand. 

" You seem distracted anuj, are you ok? "

"Yes, I just wanted to show you something. "

He took her an empty classroom, after covering her eyes. Anupama was now excited, Anuj always planned best of the surprises. 

He gently uncovered her eyes and stood behind her. In front of her was a blackboard, where someone bhas written "ab to shadi ke liye haa kardo meri jaan! "

She turned around and gasped, as Anuj was down on one knee, holding a ring. 

And that was the beginning of their happily ever after. 

Edited by Loveforworld - 1 years ago

Good one👍🏼 Sad that the show will never show her progressing away from Shahs... Glad she did in your story👍🏼

yes. a good story and very well written. Loved the fact that she got out of the toxic house early enough!

Lovely❤️

This is how show should have been.

Good one 👍please continue