|~| Crimes Against Her |~| - Page 5

Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by Yuvika_15

I find the reason of financial stability a really sad one if that is all that is keeping people locked in an abusive relationship. Money is just paper at the end of the day but has the power to drive so much evil in this world. it is shocking. 

Domestic abuse includes not allowing the victim to see friends and family ... who might support the victim financially if s/he left. Abuse includes not allowing the victim to hold a job, or seizing her/his earnings.

Usually, it is the victim who has to leave the shared home, the alternative being to change the locks and face the aggressor's frustration. What if the victim's name is on the rental agreement or mortgage for that home? How can s/he avoid a bad credit rating for unpaid rent, or liquidate the invested home equity, while also affording another place to stay?

If the victim leaves with any dependent children, how will s/he feed and clothe them, especially if s/he needs to pay a lawyer to establish legal custody?

I find the reason of financial stability a really sad one if that is all that is keeping people locked in an abusive relationship. Money is just paper at the end of the day but has the power to drive so much evil in this world. it is shocking. 

This is specific for married women:

Not just money all the jewelry and other valuables. It's preposterous. A woman's estate includes gifts given to her at the time of wedding by her side of the family, by her husband's side of the family, gifts given to her by anyone else on her wedding or some other occasions. All such gifts including valuables like jewelry or some immovable property belong to the woman, now this is different than other things that she can claim during the divorce, but her woman's estate would be hers  and no once can take take that right, but sadly women living in abusive relationships are either intimidated or scared into not taking it. Some even don't know their own rights. The entire scenario is just ridiculous. 

My opinion: all women should educate themselves wrt to their right in property claim and estate. 

Edited by NayaNehaD31 - 1 years ago
Originally posted by BrhannadaArmour

Domestic abuse includes not allowing the victim to see friends and family ... who might support the victim financially if s/he left. Abuse includes not allowing the victim to hold a job, or seizing her/his earnings.

Usually, it is the victim who has to leave the shared home, the alternative being to change the locks and face the aggressor's frustration. What if the victim's name is on the rental agreement or mortgage for that home? How can s/he avoid a bad credit rating for unpaid rent, or liquidate the invested home equity, while also affording another place to stay?

If the victim leaves with any dependent children, how will s/he feed and clothe them, especially if s/he needs to pay a lawyer to establish legal custody?

Yes I agree with you on this a 100 percent. This is what happens in a lot of cases. Also, the elder of the aggressor's family seizes all the valuables and also play an active part in tormenting the victim😡 

Bold:) there are NGOs that help the victim along with her child/children. But again this not what happens always. 

Edited by NayaNehaD31 - 1 years ago
Originally posted by NayaNehaD31

Haven’t read the book or watched the show.

Bold) In don’t know if you wrote this as a general statement, but in case if it’s not then believe me i know how it feels. 

I was talking in the context of the characters, I would not wish anything like this to anyone in real life.

Originally posted by DelusionsOfNeha

idk but I've read a whole lot of people saying CoHo romanticizes abuse in her stories. 

She is the only one who writes it realistically actually. Most of the writers usually whitewash the abuser and give them a happy ending in the end.

It's not just that, there are other reasons behind it like family pressure etc. That is why having parents who support you makes the biggest difference. I have seen most women suffering in abusive marriages only because their parents refuse to let them out, or emotionally blackmail them. This happens a LOT in desi countries and rural areas where people are not educated. 

I had a distant relative who was in an abusive marriage with so many children, simply because she had no one else to support her and she was not educated enough to support her kids on her own.

Originally posted by la_Reine

I was talking in the context of the characters, I would not wish anything like this to anyone in real life.

I understand. What I meant was that I know what it's like to be in an abusive relationship. I've seen a lot of it in my field of work. 

Originally posted by NayaNehaD31

I understand. What I meant was that I know what it's like to be in an abusive relationship. I've seen a lot of it in my field of work. 

That is very stressful too...dealing with such cases all the time

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
To view this post you need to Log in to India Forums.

Great topic and very well written posts by all our friends. ❤️👏❤️

Cultural poverty, emotional emptiness, a lack of human instinct, and the continued dominance of the animal impulse, all play a significant part in the ongoing atrocities committed against women for generations. 

Rape, such as marital rape, and toxic masculinity in which sexual assault is accepted as the valiant display of virility and victims are made to take responsibility for their own mistakes, such as modern dressing, being out at night, or responding arrogantly to eve teasers etc. Sexual assault is just one aspect of the issue; there are also societal norms and institutions to consider, such as those that support impunity for perpetrators, shame victims, and demand women to make irrational sacrifices in order to avoid sexual assault. 

In marital rape   violence, dominance, emotional illiteracy, sexual entitlement, and hostility to femininity, all these factors play a crucial role  in stifling the victim's cries! 

Who has granted these monarchs and sovereigns the authority to trade a wife, sister, or a daughter, for a piece of land or any other benefits as if she were a lifeless object? She has to go with him to stay as a lifeless  statue in his royal palace! 

In any movie or in a serial,  if the hero has any doubts about the behaviour of his wife, whether it be due to discover a love letter or hearing a remark from a supposed friend, he chooses to leave her on the basis of those doubts and engages in intoxication and visits a prostitute while the producers force us to believe that he is in extreme pain!

Later, after going through a few traumatic situations for her and a good number of ganaa bajanas for him, he will realise his doubt was unfounded, and when his wife approaches him to touch his feet, he will accept her with a divine smile and some absurd talk!  😲

One simple question-- if a wife's love letter, or a gana jaana to park in her college days is not acceptable to this hero, how a prostitute is acceptable to him? [ Please, I am not demeaning a prostitute, in fact, she is the most respectable lady in this world😭 for entertaining wild animals ]   And most importantly, how and why has that wife accepted this fellow later as her Pati? 

What the hell are these creatives doing, instilling such beliefs in young minds? 

The advice of these creatives is that, by putting the burden of preventing rape on the potential victims, saying that they should take "individual accountability" for staying safe!  

To stop these horrific acts, the family system, traditions, education system, society as a whole, a mother as a micro alchemist, and the judiciary must all work together. 

Edited by Viswasruti - 1 years ago