Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: semantic.error

You can buy all the awards you want, but you can't really fool the public 

Are you saying SRK was trying to fool public when he won BA award for flop Swades ? 

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Are you saying SRK was trying to fool public when he won BA award for flop Swades ? 

Your words, not mine😆

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

The only part of this interview that stuck out to me is someone saying his next movie with KJo will probably be a hit 😆.  I don’t know how this analyst meant it. He was probably just being positive and optimistic so I’m not including him in my speculation. But I’m still pretty sure that regardless of how that movie turns out and how much money it does or doesn’t make it has already been decided that it will be declared a hit. 

Ranveer is a great versatile actor and he will be fine. Yes he’s going through a rough patch but everyone has.  At least his rough patch is at a time where the industry itself is having a rough patch so he’s not an outlier in giving flops.  

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Not yet. Because most of these films were pre-pandemic leftovers. But one more, and R&R is not looking good, and Ranveer's done.

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Stark9

No. He DID suffer a flop streak from Besharam to Tamasha, but that was BROKEN by ADHM which was a clean HIT by every trade analysis site and not Average acc to anyone. Also, Brahmastra nos haven’t been ‘inflated’ acc to anyone(except probably KRK) and ALL trade analysis sites hv given it’s collections between 255 cr(on the conservative side) and 270 cr. It is a clean HIT acc to even the conservative and skeptical BOI and is inarguably Bollywood’s HGOTY. Lastly, neither Sanju nor YJHD were ‘Hits’, one was a Blockbuster, while the other a Super Blockbuster. Thanks.

Brahmastra didn't make back its cost. ie, flop

Doesn't matter how many times fans cry it's meant to be a trilogy or they'll make it back with merchandising. 

Until now, a film was considered a flop if it didn't make its money back at the box office. Not OTT, satellite, music, etc. And that, too, in the language in which it was originally made.

By the above criteria acc to which all other movies are judged, Brahmastra flopped.

Now, KJo is making it a *perceptional* hit. 😆 Maybe it will make the money back after the trilogy is complete. 

But if you're going to judge that one film by that criteria, then judge other movies also by that criteria.

Hey Cirkus was set in Golmaal universe, right? Add up Cirkus, Golmaal 1, 2, and 3. Call that dud Cirkus a hit.😆

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Stark9

Hits and Flops aren’t decided by whether the producers make a profit, but by whether the distributors do. Pls educate yourself. Also, Baahubali 1 didn’t make any money/profits acc to the producer himself(Google it) so by your logic even Baahubali 1 was a flop??🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 BOI knows more than you.  Your ego just can’t handle the fact that Flopveer this yr has become the KING OF DISASTERS while RK just delivered his 2nd HGOTY(something Flopveer has yet to achieve) , a CLEAN HIT😁😁😁😆😆

Man, the number of emojis you use are not going to add any more zeros to Brahmastra's box office. 😆

Nah. Basic business. Gross return - investment = Profit.

Or you could sell a film to distributors for pennies and call it a hit.😆

Brahmastra didn't make back its cost. That's the bottomline. It flopped.

And you seem to be under the impression that I'm a Ranveer fan. I'm not. They're both PR-made stars and mediocre actors.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

🤣at the comparison to Ajay going from Tanhaji to Runway 34 to Drishyam 2. 

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

The only part of this interview that stuck out to me is someone saying his next movie with KJo will probably be a hit 😆.  I don’t know how this analyst meant it. He was probably just being positive and optimistic so I’m not including him in my speculation. But I’m still pretty sure that regardless of how that movie turns out and how much money it does or doesn’t make it has already been decided that it will be declared a hit. 

Ranveer is a great versatile actor and he will be fine. Yes he’s going through a rough patch but everyone has.  At least his rough patch is at a time where the industry itself is having a rough patch so he’s not an outlier in giving flops.  

Who said that ? 

The only reference on Ranveer-KJO collab in the interview is this. Nowhere is he claiming that this will be a HIT - he is mentioning that atleast RS is working with big names which can lead to good results

Film exhibitor and distributor Akshaye Rathi agreed and felt that his next film, Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani, is a promising entertainer that can help him get back into the big league. He said, “It is helmed by Karan Johar, one of the most exciting directors out there. And he’s also a part of Shankar’s next, which seems huge.

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Ye har baat har baar merry go round leke Brahmastra pe kyun aa jati h? 

Why this kola veri di? 😔

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Agni_Jytsona

Ye har baat har baar merry go round leke Brahmastra pe kyun aa jati h? 

Why this kola veri di? 😔

Because Ranveer ko bachane ke liye Ranbir ko girana zaroori hai...🤣..Yes Bramhastra flopped on MARS...Martians rejected it...🤣

I don't understand why people are in such a hurry to write off actors after a few flops??😆