Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin

Difference between Old Ghum and New Ghum

ShipIsSailing thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

So, I was actually watching some previous episodes of Ghum, and then I watched today's episode (after sadiyaan) and saw how much things have changed. 

Firstly, actors-wise. They have changed so much, both in looks and acting-wise. Some have changed for the better (eg. Ayesha, even Aish- though her acting can still do with much work, but pehle ke scenes to jhelaiye nhi jhelte h) and some for the worse (eg. Neil Bhatt.) Others have fairly stayed the same acting-wise, given they usually don't have any significant role. 

Secondly, character-wise. If we thought actors were different...characters to kaha se kaha pahuch gye. Let's start with the major one:

Sai Joshi: This is one character jisme actual mein growth dekhne ko mila, aur vo change har agle episode mein apni presence jatata h. This change is not completely positive and not completely negative...but totally realistic. Her growth is even better highlighted by the actress' own physical growth and the changes in her wardrobe. Haan, kuch kuch cheezein thi jo pehli vaali Sai ki zyaada acchi thi, jaise ki munh par palat ke jawaab dena. Even though Sai still stands up for herself, ab vo vaisi muphat nhi rhi. Her quick responses were one of the best things about her character. But now she is more mature, and more responsible. So there's that. 

Virat Chavan: Ispe comment krne ki bhi zaroorat hai? He is hands-down one of the most ruined characters in the history of ITV. And it hurts me more...kyuki ye kabhi mera favourite character hua krta tha. But let's move on.

Patralekha Mohitepatil/ Salunkhe/ Chavan/ Bhagwan jane: I kid you not...but even Pakhi was better before! Trust me, when I was watching the initial episodes (like Valentine's, Ladakh 'trip' etc) I even enjoyed Pakhi's scenes. Vo alag baat h enjoyment isiliye thi kyuki pta tha ki iska kuch der mein katega, but phir bhi I enjoyed them. Ab to Pakhi ko almost dekha hi nhi jaata, itni chiddhan mach gyi h. 

Ashwini Chavan: She was amazing before...she is a selfish fool now. Initially, her taunts at Pakhi, and her relationship with Sai and Virat, were so beautiful to watch. Ab to ye sirf roti hi rhti hai. Ever since her relationship with Ninad has been restored, this character has lost all of its charms. 

Ninad Chavan: Honestly, this is again amongst a few rares who I actually like more now. Ninad is still not as active now as he was when he was a first-class jerk, but now sometimes, his words are pretty bang-on. Let's see what happens in the future though. 

Mohit Chavan: Look how they butchered my boy. A perfect example ki ye log actors ko character ke hisaab se nhi, characters ko actors ke hisaab se change krte hai. Ever since Adish left, Mohit ka to character sketch hi palat diya. I loved his commentary, and the way he used to completely destroy Pakhi with just his one-liners. Ab...he lacks both the charm and the dialogue. He is actually another wasted potential, cause his entire storyline as a struggling actor and the 'khota sikka' of Chavan Niwas was actually pretty good. 

Karishma Chavan: Pretty much remained the same. But aaj ke episode mein to she shined. She is still wrong, but have to agree, her dialogues were totally badass. 

Shivani Chavan: Another example. Actors naye, to characters naye. Previous Shivani, like Mohit, was such a gem. She was bold, blunt, and seemed like total fun. This one is unfortunately completely opposite- boring and bland.  

Sonali Chavan: Another character that stayed pretty much the same, and another wasted potential. The reason I believe her to be a wasted potential is cause she was actually a pretty interesting character. There were times when she used to just sit back and act like Kaku's chamchi, but then there were scenes when I used to wonder if she will turn to the good side. Scenes like the one when Sai fed Mohit with her hands, and the scenes where it was just her and Ashwini. 

Kaku...:Eh...pretty much the same. Love the actress though. 

Omkar Chavan: Another wasted potential...I was actually shipping him with Pakhi. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nutmeg7 thumbnail

Just love the fact that you gave a thought that Omi can be with Patralekha

Yeah good thoughts .. in a series there should be strong side characters.. Ghum lacks the depth totally 

In aunty wala series I like Kavya , Kinjal , Pakhi all 3 ladies have their own issues n battles which is shown beautifully.. forest king is better sketched than the new hubby .. but in Ghum no depth is given to any character.. except Sai .. and now patralekha ( though badly sketched ) and Virat has been butchered 

Nirip thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

You analyzed each n every character so well. The thing is it's not balanced at all. Things have gone worse post leap.Just jholaa bharke ss for P. Kids too have been sidelined. 

P.S. Miss your writing here ðŸ˜Š

Edited by Nirip - 1 years ago
Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sinmegh

Yeah good thoughts .. in a series there should be strong side characters.. Ghum lacks the depth totally 

In aunty wala series I like Kavya , Kinjal , Pakhi all 3 ladies have their own issues n battles which is shown beautifully.. forest king is better sketched than the new hubby .. but in Ghum no depth is given to any character.. except Sai .. and now patralekha ( though badly sketched ) and Virat has been butchered 

I think Ghum writers only like Sai…that’s why only,she’s written as a good person…all the other characters are written as having so many, faults and bad qualities..none of them,are likeable 😂..and the writers are making them worse every day 😂

gaurimisha thumbnail

Good summary of characters.

Having faults or bad qualities doesn't make any character unlikable. It's the character inconsistency and discontinuity, along with no one in a whole bunch of family members to see things as they are and call out the hypocrisy.

Anupama depicts this well. Vanraj has so many bad qualities but he's damn consistent. We know clearly he supports his kids Toshu, Pakhi blindly..but when he realises he's wrong, he also keeps quiet. He's not unidimensional like Virat.

Virat keeps behaving like a pendulum, says loves Sai but acts otherwise. No clarity over what he does. Surprise element in any show is a must but not at the cost of character inconsistency. That's what this PH fails to portray.

Characters confess their crimes but the confession goes for a toss...no one reacts or responds to such grave crimes, how is audience even supposed to relate to such story? Virat , as a character, never thinks or ponders. Pakhi comes across as super sly but surprisingly inspite of her announcing it, no one in the family bothers or have any issue with her being so. All everyone remembers is Sai's misdeeds...it's just so universally unidimensional😆

Edited by gaurimisha - 1 years ago
LadyD thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: ShipIsSailing

So, I was actually watching some previous episodes of Ghum, and then I watched today's episode (after sadiyaan) and saw how much things have changed. 

Firstly, actors-wise. They have changed so much, both in looks and acting-wise. Some have changed for the better (eg. Ayesha, even Aish- though her acting can still do with much work, but pehle ke scenes to jhelaiye nhi jhelte h) and some for the worse (eg. Neil Bhatt.) Others have fairly stayed the same acting-wise, given they usually don't have any significant role. 

Secondly, character-wise. If we thought actors were different...characters to kaha se kaha pahuch gye. Let's start with the major one:

Sai Joshi: This is one character jisme actual mein growth dekhne ko mila, aur vo change har agle episode mein apni presence jatata h. This change is not completely positive and not completely negative...but totally realistic. Her growth is even better highlighted by the actress' own physical growth and the changes in her wardrobe. Haan, kuch kuch cheezein thi jo pehli vaali Sai ki zyaada acchi thi, jaise ki munh par palat ke jawaab dena. Even though Sai still stands up for herself, ab vo vaisi muphat nhi rhi. Her quick responses were one of the best things about her character. But now she is more mature, and more responsible. So there's that. 

Virat Chavan: Ispe comment krne ki bhi zaroorat hai? He is hands-down one of the most ruined characters in the history of ITV. And it hurts me more...kyuki ye kabhi mera favourite character hua krta tha. But let's move on.

Patralekha Mohitepatil/ Salunkhe/ Chavan/ Bhagwan jane: I kid you not...but even Pakhi was better before! Trust me, when I was watching the initial episodes (like Valentine's, Ladakh 'trip' etc) I even enjoyed Pakhi's scenes. Vo alag baat h enjoyment isiliye thi kyuki pta tha ki iska kuch der mein katega, but phir bhi I enjoyed them. Ab to Pakhi ko almost dekha hi nhi jaata, itni chiddhan mach gyi h. 

Ashwini Chavan: She was amazing before...she is a selfish fool now. Initially, her taunts at Pakhi, and her relationship with Sai and Virat, were so beautiful to watch. Ab to ye sirf roti hi rhti hai. Ever since her relationship with Ninad has been restored, this character has lost all of its charms. 

Ninad Chavan: Honestly, this is again amongst a few rares who I actually like more now. Ninad is still not as active now as he was when he was a first-class jerk, but now sometimes, his words are pretty bang-on. Let's see what happens in the future though. 

Mohit Chavan: Look how they butchered my boy. A perfect example ki ye log actors ko character ke hisaab se nhi, characters ko actors ke hisaab se change krte hai. Ever since Adish left, Mohit ka to character sketch hi palat diya. I loved his commentary, and the way he used to completely destroy Pakhi with just his one-liners. Ab...he lacks both the charm and the dialogue. He is actually another wasted potential, cause his entire storyline as a struggling actor and the 'khota sikka' of Chavan Niwas was actually pretty good. 

Karishma Chavan: Pretty much remained the same. But aaj ke episode mein to she shined. She is still wrong, but have to agree, her dialogues were totally badass. 

Shivani Chavan: Another example. Actors naye, to characters naye. Previous Shivani, like Mohit, was such a gem. She was bold, blunt, and seemed like total fun. This one is unfortunately completely opposite- boring and bland.  

Sonali Chavan: Another character that stayed pretty much the same, and another wasted potential. The reason I believe her to be a wasted potential is cause she was actually a pretty interesting character. There were times when she used to just sit back and act like Kaku's chamchi, but then there were scenes when I used to wonder if she will turn to the good side. Scenes like the one when Sai fed Mohit with her hands, and the scenes where it was just her and Ashwini. 

Kaku...:Eh...pretty much the same. Love the actress though. 

Omkar Chavan: Another wasted potential...I was actually shipping him with Pakhi. 

agree. Virat Chavhan is biggest let down. Used to love how he used to put Pakhi down & loved how he used to be completely different person with Sai. Now not just character the looks are also gone. Not sure what happened to Neil post marriage. His boyish look is gone. 

Sai as you said is mixed. Her looks poise, maturity is amazing. Her transformation from teenager to a mother is beautifully portrayed by Ayesha & her word robe adds to it. I don’t like that she has lost her spark & cares too much about P. I want Jagtap to point out Virats wrongdoing with respect to Vinus identity & give her lecture about bringing old sherni Sai back for her child like he did once. SaI lost or gave up everything for her child. She can’t give up the same child to her culprits. She will fail as mother if she doesn’t let Vinu come out of that immoral hell. Karishma was dot on with what she said when she left.

I skip most of P scenes as I can’t tolerate character & actor  but she used to be ok to watch just for her beizzati by Virat Chavhan or Sai Joshi & yes, old Mohit ( Adish) & Shivani. Miss Manasi bua. Ninad is changed for good most of the time. 

Edited by LadyD - 1 years ago
Bansaripatel438 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

All are the waste of time except Sai,harini and harini's father,savi vinu