Mrunal Thakur - Face Rejection but you atleast won't regret not trying

Posted: 1 years ago

I was honestly one of those guilty of seeing her in TV and stereotyping her as someone who cannot break free from the TV prototype. Mrunal is natural and determined. I love how she normalized facing rejection in this video and yet was determined to keep going, till she hit the mark. It was honestly inspiring to listen to her.

I also like how natural Mrunal is and her roles have some substance, unlike Mouni Roy who's changed almost every part of her physicality and would take up junk in BW sometimes.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR1VHBB4yxw[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by sanityinfinite - 1 years ago

Some of these TV actresses are gazillion times better looking than the current crop of Bollywood actresses. I see them on Insta reels and they’re gorgeous. But there’s a huge divide between TV and film even now which honestly makes no sense to me. Then again, Indian TV stars keep fawning all over BW stars from what I see so that doesn’t help either 

"You have a TV face" - What does that mean?

Originally posted by Supari_khala

Some of these TV actresses are gazillion times better looking than the current crop of Bollywood actresses. I see them on Insta reels and they’re gorgeous. But there’s a huge divide between TV and film even now which honestly makes no sense to me. Then again, Indian TV stars keep fawning all over BW stars from what I see so that doesn’t help either 

The fans are no better

I hear "No X factor" all the time no matter how talented and good looking the actor or actress is... Such snobbery 

Almost a form of casteism 

Originally posted by BettyA1

"You have a TV face" - What does that mean?

Maybe a sweet, innocent looking face? 

BW pines for those with sexy, seductive looks. (Katrina, Malaika, Kareena, Bipasha)

Originally posted by sanityinfinite

Maybe a sweet, innocent looking face? 

BW pines for those with sexy, seductive looks. (Katrina, Malaika, Kareena, Bipasha)

Then there's Alia 🤷‍♀️ 

Originally posted by BettyA1

Then there's Alia 🤷‍♀️ 

She's a classic case of nepotism, so she'd have been in BW no matter what. Innocent or Sexy face.

KJo Uncle won't waste a chance of marketing a star kid.

Originally posted by sanityinfinite

She's a classic case of nepotism, so she'd have been in BW no matter what. Innocent or Sexy face.

KJo Uncle won't waste a chance of marketing a star kid.

True

My point was she has achieved No 1 position and good roles ( fans would that’s cz of her extraordinary talent that no one else possesses - ufff , how many ‘s’es) without a smidgen of sexiness, sultriness, seductiveness  etc. No sex appeal whatsoever

So lack of sexiness should not be a factor…

Then there’s Bhumi Pednekar 

She’s not a big star but she has done some good roles and is steadily working 

And we all know how miserably she fails when she aims for sexiness and seductiveness