Posted: 1 years ago

This is strictly my opinion, but I feel Rajkunmar Rao in Badhai Do/Vijay Raaj in Darlings was the best male performance of the year and Tripti Dimri in Qala/Alia Bhatt in Gangubai was the best female performance of the year.

I am unable to pick between these options, but all 4 performances were superb.

I guess Rajkumar and Alia will walk away with all awards as the other 2 were OTT performances.

Thoughts?

Best male performance: 

If there is any doubt about Diljit Dosanjh’s acting skills, Jogi should clear them once and for all. The singer-turned-actor delivers one of the best onscreen performances by a Bollywood leading man in recent times, bringing out vulnerability rarely seen in commercial Hindi cinema.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/jogi-movie-review-diljit-dosanjh-delivers-career-best-performance-in-taut-drama-101663312414018.html

"Jogi belongs to Diljit Dosanjh. While we have often see the actor tickling our funny bone with his sense of humour, in this film, he gives us a glimpse of what a good actor he is. The way he portrays the innocence and helplessness of his character is remarkable. There's a scene in the film where his character goes to Shams Baug to let go of his religious identity for a bigger cause. It's a close-up shot where Jogi, sitting by a water body, holds a few strands of his hair, looks at it with agonized eyes as a tear rolls down his eye. The way Diljit performs that sequence makes us realise that there's lots more to him than just playing breezy characters."

Read more at: https://www.filmibeat.com/bollywood/reviews/2022/jogi-movie-review-diljit-dosanjh/articlecontent-pf326923-340380.html

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago

Alia is the most overpriced piece of the nepo-bolly-junk factory. 

Dimri has a long way to go 

Alia Bhatt ( Gangubai) will be my pick.

For second position, it will be Kareena♥️ 

Male -

Haven't watched Vikram Vedha & Badhai Do..

So, I am gonna pick Akshay Kumar for Rakshabandhan

Acc to me:

RKR in Badhai Do and Vijay in Darlings

Swastika and Dimri in Qala 

From  what I have seen this year Diljit Doshanjh for Jogi and Tripti Dimri for Kala deserve awards for their performances.

Originally posted by mintyblue

This is strictly my opinion, but I feel Rajkunmar Rao in Badhai Do/Vijay Raaj in Darlings was the best male performance of the year and Tripti Dimri in Qala/Alia Bhatt in Gangubai was the best female performance of the year.

I am unable to pick between these options, but all 4 performances were superb.

I guess Rajkumar and Alia will walk away with all awards as the other 2 were OTT performances.

Thoughts?

I think Tabu will bag something. Hopefully. 

I wish Huma was recognized for Monica Oh My Darling and Yami for A Thursday though!

Alia for Gangubai

Shahid for Jersey/RKR for Badhai Do

Also one thing, I know very few movies released in the theatres in the last 2 years because of covid so it was ok to include the movies which were direct to OTT releases but now as the things are back to normal, I think only the movies released in the theatres should be considered for the regular Filmfare Awards. For direct OTT releases, there is Filmfare OTT. 

2022 ka movies mein kya hits hain ??? I donot even remember single name 😆

Disaster year for BW 😒

So you need to select best from worst 😳

Best male - Dalquer Salmaan in chup

Best female - Alia in gangubai