Possessiveness is a positive quality!! - Page 2

Posted: 17 years ago

Dear Friends !!
Good Morning !
My two year nephew is possessive about his parents and grandparents.He cries a lot or make a mess when someone tries to say that his father is "ours" not his.This really looks very sweet for the rest of the people.His father feels proud of his son and pampers him more.
This is one type of Possessiveness.Harmless!!
A School going kid is possesive about his teachers,so also the teachers(Not the Rockford Movie  of Nagesh Kukunoor type!! Think Positively!!)
This is another type of possesiveness.Harmless unless and untill the teacher is impartial to all the students.
On the same track, Students have several friends in School.Some are best friends.Some students are very Possessive about their friends.They feel that their best friend should'nt speak much to other classmates much.
This is another type of Possessiveness.Not fatal but littlebit harmful.
Now , the possessiveness on the persons who are our partners not business partners ofcourse,life partners.This is really amazing.I find it quite interesting to observe this.The magnitude of possessiveness increases with the increase in the bond with the other person in the case of life partner issue.I really don't know if its harmful but I feel Possessiveness is a synonym for strength in the bond when it comes to life partners.I feel possessive people make good and responsible partners.If possessiveness so good,why people make an issue of it.

Is Possessiveness a positive quality?

Is Possessiveness the binding factor for any relation?

Is Possessiveness "litmus test " for the strength of any relation?

What's the limit for Possessivness?

Is possessivness a trait of some gender,nation or age group???

Do you agree with the words "Perisistant people are possessive"?

Cheers,

Mythili

Is Possessiveness a positive quality?
To some extent yes. If patners have trust between them, then possessiveness is an awesome quality!! I love it wen my bf gets possesive abt me!! But in sum cases, it leads to patners having doubts on each other.. Thats not usually bec of possesivness thats more bec of lack of trust. So possessivness is good until u have trust between urselves.

Is Possessiveness the binding factor for any relation?
No. Many ppl just arnt possesivess abt each other however they do love n care for each other. Love is the binding factor for any relatonship.

Is Possessiveness "litmus test " for the strength of any relation?
Dunt understand the question

What's the limit for Possessivness?
The limit is where u start losing trust in ur patner and start feeling inferoir to others.

Is possessivness a trait of some gender,nation or age group???
No. Its all in your nature.

No. I have seen many ppl optiomitic ppl being possesive out of love for each other.
Seems all the friends of DM are possessive about their posts.No replies 😭
Mythili a very good post. I will come back on this later. It requires some usage of "brain" .... 😳

I'm very possessive about my books!!! I just don't like giving my books to any unreliable or new people.Even I give them,I mention some code of conduct for reading those books.I'm not possessive about friends ,I 'm very persistent in maintaining the selective friends I've.

Cheers,

Mythili

Originally posted by cool_pooja

No.I have seen many ppl optiomitic ppl being possesive out of love for each other.

This something interestingπŸ˜›!!

If you have to hold onto someone forcefully then perhaps you dont deserve that person

If you live them free and they still are around then maybe your love, affection is the cause

Originally posted by sareg

If you have to hold onto someone forcefully then perhaps you dont deserve that person

If you live them free and they still are around then maybe your love, affection is the cause

Well said Vineeeeeeeeeeeeet Bhayya!πŸ‘.But this is somewhat impractical or uncommon practice.We are humans! Everytime we need not pretend to be broadminded.If people are not possessive,they will find their soul mates after the marriage and go away.So possessiveness is a binding factor😊

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Well said Vineeeeeeeeeeeeet Bhayya!πŸ‘.But this is somewhat impractical or uncommon practice.We are humans! Everytime we need not pretend to be broadminded.If people are not possessive,they will find their soul mates after the marriage and go away.So possessiveness is a binding factor😊

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† you think marraiges are kept together by possesivesness?

Originally posted by sareg

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† you think marraiges are kept together by possesivesness?

😑😑 need not laugh this muchπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† !!!!

Marriages are not maintained by possessivness but this acts a catalyst.some times it a positive catalyst and sometimes it acts as negative catalyst.

Cheers,

Mythili