Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

But the select few are well liked by fans (or were at the time of their wins). I mean they are bigger stars in BW than ND has been in Hollywood 

They might be but that does not necessarily mean the majority did not feel that someone else was more worthy. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Once again I am sure there are many who go watch a full-fledged commercial film like Dhoom 2  due to escapism. But would agree it did not come close to being a great movie or having the best acting. Box office success alone does not indicate that people thought this person was award worthy. 

Are you saying that actress fans wrote her in just based on her acting and not her looks/shows popularity/ etc. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

They might be but that does not necessarily mean the majority did not feel that someone else was more worthy. 

Screen awards did a best actor/actress popular where fans allegedly vote and it was very repetitive ðŸ˜†

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Once again there was much better performances then SRK in Dil to Pagal hai and kuch kuch hota hai. If he was deserving he would not have buy the awards. Same goes for Ranveer in SLB films. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Screen awards did a best actor/actress popular where fans allegedly vote and it was very repetitive ðŸ˜†

Do they choose nominations? They are only given a selected few people to vote for. Once again the fact was someone was not even nominated before hand and they became a winner. 

Voting is given for IIFA awards even now it is open. But we have shitty nominations to choose from. Even from Indian Television awards I was told by many it is a waste of time voting. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Once again there was much better performances then SRK in Dil to Pagal hai and kuch kuch hota hai. If he was deserving he would not have buy the awards. Same goes for Ranveer in SLB films. 

That’s all true. But apart of the people giving him awards is cause that’s what fans (or I’ll be fair and say some fans) want to see. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Are you saying that actress fans wrote her in just based on her acting and not her looks/shows popularity/ etc. 

I am saying the award show played no choice. It was completely based on the public felt. There were shows that were bigger hits. Hollywood is full of pretty bells. But the fans wanted her. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

That’s all true. But apart of the people giving him awards is cause that’s what fans (or I’ll be fair and say some fans) want to see. 

And there are many adult movie buffs that I know who watch the shows and would rather see the more deserving person win. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Do they choose nominations? They are only given a selected few people to vote for. Once again the fact was someone was not even nominated before hand and they became a winner. 

Voting is given for IIFA awards even now it is open. But we have shitty nominations to choose from. Even from Indian Television awards I was told by many it is a waste of time voting. 

Truth be told I think screen awards have folded 😂 yes their popular categories had voting open.

Filmfare awards voting opens soon tho, they usually let people vote and then after voting nominations are announced 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Secondly, we have been at this for an hour. I think we are going to have to agree to disagree here. If iifa let people influence who they nominate. They would not be getting all the bashing and trolling I see on social media right now. 

Another good example would be if you honestly think people would agree that Varun is the actor of the decade. You honestly would? Or that Alia is extended cameo in Gully Boy was award-worthy. And you think this has no correlation to the decline of Bollywood

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago