Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kashmayurfan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 1 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

kashmayurfan thumbnail

The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

kashmayurfan thumbnail

kashmayurfan thumbnail

kashmayurfan thumbnail

Part 10

Virat was Sai’s brother for everyone, her foster brother. He had to cook up a half baked story in order to protect their identity and keep the prying eyes away. Besides, it wasn’t completely a lie. There was some truth to the story they led others onto. They had started off as foster siblings.

A phone call interrupted his train of thoughts. He picked the call, looking over Sai eating her supper while texting her friends. 

“Virat. We need you in now” said the person on the other end.

Virat didn’t want to leave Sai alone at night, but he knew he’d be in big trouble if he said no. 

“I’ll be there” he said, unhappy. 

He quickly glanced at Sai who was still very much busy in her phone and hung up. 

He went to her and told her how he had an emergency at work and he had to go. She looked at him disappointed, which he really hated, but she let him go. 

“Lock the doors well and close the curtains” he said before he disappeared. 

She sighed and put away the dishes. 

Her phone pinged, alerting her of a new message. She read the message from her friend “Sai, Saturday ek party hai. Come na ?”

She stared at the message and pondered. 

“Viru would never let me go” she thought. 

"I need some time to think" she replied back and went to bed. 

- - - - - - - -

Virat lied at work. He had said he had no one when he joined. He couldn’t have compromised Sai’s safety for anything in this world. 

He reached and came face to face with his boss. He handed Virat a briefcase and told him to deliver it to the address he sent to him on his phone. He nodded and left. Back when he started, he was scared shitless. However, he knew that the amount of money he would get would give Sai a good life, which was his priority. He let his fear aside and decided to take up the job. He knew the risks that came with it, but he didn’t see any other way back then. He hoped that he won’t have to regret his decision one day. 

He drove off to the seedy place and gave the briefcase to the person. He looked around making sure no one saw him and left as quickly as possible. Virat had gotten used to the job over the years and learned how to avoid trouble. Until now, it had worked, but he feared that he’ll have to pay up one of these days. 

He went back to his Sai and a smile came on his lips instantly. He did not have any other reason to live except for her. She made his days brighter and he was grateful to have her. 

When he reached, he hurried to her room to make sure she was okay. He was glad to see her fast asleep. He carefully closed the door and went to sleep as well. 

Sai’s alarm woke him up early morning. He yawned and stretched before joining her in the kitchen. She was making breakfast, as cheerful as ever. Seeing her smile everyday was the best feeling ever. He had watched young Sai suffer everyday and this new life has definitely given him peace he was looking for. 

She turned around and wished him a good morning. He thought “Why not drop her to school today ?” He wanted to make up for last night. 

“Sai, aaj main tumhein school drop karunga” 

Sai got happy and gave him a huge smile. 

She remembered last night’s text and decided to ask Virat now because he seemed in a good mood. Sai just like the other girls her age wanted to fully experience her high school life. She really wanted to go to that party, but was simultaneously nervous. 

“Viru” she said, serving him breakfast and sitting with him. 

“Hmm” 

“I wanted to ask something” 

“Bolo Sai” he said, smiling. 

“I..I..was invited to a party” she said, hesitant. 

Virat looked up at her with a disapproving look. 

“Sai. I don’t think it’s a good idea. Anything can happen there and you know that.” 

Virat was overprotective of Sai and anyone who knew them, knew that. For them however, it was a brother looking after his sister. No one was really questioning it, but for Sai and Virat, it was different. Virat hated the idea of Sai in a party with teenagers, knowing very well how much attention she’s been getting from boys since she is of age. He hated making her feel trapped, but he was doing this for her well-being. 

She nodded and did not even attempt to convince him. Sai was a bit down after hearing this. 

Virat saw the disappointment on her face and decided to suggest an alternative. 

“Why don’t we go out instead Sai ? We can go to our favorite restaurant or the beach or …”

She didn’t let him complete his sentence and started jumping in excitement, forgetting the party. 

He smiled and shook his head at her innocence. He was happy that he was able to distract her for now, but knew he won’t be able to protect her from everything. 

They left together for school. 

“I want to go to the beach Viru” she said out of the blue. 

“Done. Saturday, beach day !”

“Yayyyy ! Thank you Viru” 

He reached and dropped her off after giving her a hug. 

Sai went to her class and told her friend she couldn’t come to the party. 

“Viru ne maana kiya ?” She asked. 

Sai instantly hated hearing “Viru” from someone else’s mouth. 

“He is only Viru for me” she blurted out. 

“Oho, itna bhi kya possessive hona. Btw, your brother is hot Sai” she said winking. 

Sai’s mouth went wide open at her words. She scrunched her face and felt weird hearing this about Virat. Suddenly, she couldn’t help wondering if Virat every liked a girl or wanted to be with someone. Then, she remembered how he was always busy. “Could it be…” she thought. She shook her head and reprimanded herself for thinking about this. She shouldn’t have been affected by this comment, but somehow she was. “Could I share Viru with someone one day ?” She thought. Just the idea of it made her dread that day. She couldn’t imagine sharing his care and attention with someone else. 

She let go of that thought and replied back “Ewww”, hiding her true feelings. 

Her friend chuckled and she hit her playfully. It might have been a harmless comment, but it was still stuck in the back of her mind. 

“I have plans for Saturday so I can’t make it to the party” Sai said.

“Koi baat nahin. You can come another time”

Sai nodded and went back to complete her work.

- - - - - - - - - - 

Virat found himself in a place he hated, but unfortunately, it came with the job. He watched the lewd women around him and ignored them. They would continuously make advances, thinking that a young man like him would fall in their trap, but if only they knew. He was used to it by now. The only way not to lose his cool was to completely shut down. It’s not that he was not attracted to the opposite sex, but he just couldn’t be with someone without feeling for them. His mind was not there anyways. 

“Virat, you should meet Samaira. She’s amazing” his boss said, the meaning clear behind his words. 

Virat gave a fake smile and declined, like always. 

His boss laughed and said “He’s a shy one darling. You can go” 

She left, but not before giving him a suggestive look. 

His boss observed him, smirking.  Although Virat worked with him, he hated his guts. He was no different from men who preyed on others. However, Virat kept his facade, having no choice but to comply to this man. 

He sat there, having his drink and thinking about what Sai must be doing right now. 

kashmayurfan thumbnail

kashmayurfan thumbnail

kashmayurfan thumbnail

kashmayurfan thumbnail

kashmayurfan thumbnail