Subhash Kapoor (Jolly LLB) NOT guilty of Me-Too

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 1 years ago

The Me Too movement was at an all-time peak in 2018 in the Indian entertainment industry, bringing down many a career with its mighty swoop. Amongst the many accused was filmmaker Subhas Kapoor. The Jolly LLB director was accused of sexual harassment 4 years ago. He was accused of molesting actress Geetika Tyagi and a video proof was also put out a few years ago. After a complaint was filed, Subhash was then arrested and released on bail but the case was still on.

Now, after several years of investigation, Subhash Kapoor has not been found guilty in the sexual harassment case. Both him and co-accused Danish Raza have been acquitted by the Andheri Court in Mumbai on December 12. 

Subhash's Me Too allegations had led to him being ousted from the big-ticket project on the life of music baron, late Gulshan Kumar, titled Mogul. Aamir Khan was the joint producer on the film with T-Series honcho and Gulshan Kumar's son, Bhushan Kumar. Mogul was supposed to be helmed by Subhash but the Me Too Charges had led Aamir take a step back from the project.

In an exclusive chat with PeepingMoon back in 2018, Subhash had stated, "I understand and respect Aamir khan's and Kiran Rao's decision. Since matter is subjudice, I intend to prove my innocence in the court of law. But I do want to raise a question - is secretly filming a crying woman without her consent and knowledge and uploading it on social media not harassment or abuse? Or is it fine if she is related to someone who is "allegedly accused"of a misconduct. If your answer is latter then for me it's nothing less then a khaap panchayat mentality. "

https://peepingmoon.com/exclusive-news/news/67576/PeepingMoon-Exclusive-Jolly-LLB-director-Subhash-Kapoor-not-found-guilty-in-sexual-harassment-case-by-actress-Geetika-Tyagi.html

Posted: 1 years ago

He was going to direct Gulshan Kumar biopic 

Aamir was going to do it