Akshay Kumar

Kangana Ranaut

Aamir Khan

Ayushman Khurrana

Ranveer Singh

Rajkummar Rao

Varun Dhawan

Emraan Hashmi

TBH some of these people lost stardom before that lol. An I came name 1 who never had it ðŸ˜†

Edited by Maroonporsche - 1 years ago
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

Akshay Kumar

Kangana Ranaut

Aamir Khan

Ayushmann Khurrana

Ranveer Singh

Rajkummar Rao

Varun Dhawan

Emraan Hashmi

TBH some of these people lost stardom before that lol. An I came name 1 who never had it ðŸ˜†

Kangna- YES

Ayushman- was never a huge star

Emran Hashmi- same - was never a huge star

RajKumar- was never a huge star

Akki, Aamir, Ranveer will be just fine as they are now beyond the point where anything will affect them.....

Varun YES

Varun is fine. He was always in that range. Akshay and Aamir are just aging out of relevance. 

Emraan lost his mojo 8 years ago. Kangana 4-5 years ago. Rajkumar never had any star value.

Ayushman has taken the biggest hit post COVID. Ranveer is a close second. 

Ayushmann was the biggest 'star' during the pandemic. He's suffered the most out of everyone on this list, now post Covid.

Originally posted by blue-ice.1

Kangna- YES

Ayushman- was never a huge star

Emran Hashmi- same - was never a huge star

RajKumar- was never a huge star

Akki, Aamir, Ranveer will be just fine as they are now beyond the point where anything will affect them.....

Varun YES

Ranveer doesn’t belong in the same category as Amir and Akshay. His stardom is yet to take off to even be compared to such superstars, let alone be put in their category. It’s not only about the movies not doing well but the vibe also matters and at this point Ranveer has one of the lowest vibes of his entire career so far. And his offscreen persona is not helping either. 

In fact I think from  the above list the only actor whose stardom got majorly hit during and post pandemic is him. The guy has no new movies going on the floor as it seems the producers are waiting to see the BO fate of his next two movies.

Originally posted by 1t1svat1t1s

Ranveer doesn’t belong in the same category as Amir and Akshay. His stardom is yet to take off to even be compared to such superstars, let alone be put in their category. It’s not only about the movies not doing well but the vibe also matters and at this point Ranveer has one of the lowest vibes of his entire career so far. And his offscreen persona is not helping either. 

In fact I think from  the above list the only actor whose stardom got majorly hit during and post pandemic is him. The guy has no new movies going on the floor as it seems the producers are waiting to see the BO fate of his next two movies.

I am not putting Ranveer in the same category as Aamir and Akki...these 2 are superstars ...Ranveer is not....I am just saying that Ranveer has atleast so much goodwill now that a short bad phase in the career won't do much harm to him...I put him above Varun...and that is why I said that Varun's stardom took a beating, Ranveer's didn't just because the time is not that big.

Except SRK or Salman, I don't think anyone is really a true star today. Even if those two came in a small-town social drama, it might take an average/decent opening.

All the films that opened well this year had other contributing factors than the main leads. You need a well packaged film with hit music or inbuilt curiosity due to sequel or spectacle factor to reach even an awareness level amongst the masses today. Many films were also poorly marketed this year due to restricted budgets. Just see the difference in opening between Brahmastra vs Shamshera.

Long story short, everyone's stardom is affected.

The article is putting some of the names in there just to fill space it seems 🙄.  By its own admission Emraan Hashemi and Kangana haven’t had hits long before the pandemic. Emraan actually longer than Kangana.  Rajkumar Rao is very much a niche actor and his fame is purely due to his massive talent and not box office record.  Of the remaining names, I think Akshay’s failures were inevitable even without the pandemic.  He just seemed to have gotten too cocky and picked bad scripts. Varun’s flops started even before the pandemic. Ranveer has only had two flops. It’s a bit premature to worry about his standing although if Cirkus fails he and his team will probably panic. Aamir’s TOH was before the pandemic and by all accounts it was a bad movie. LSC was not necessarily a bad movie but shit happens and I think it would have failed even without the pandemic. Bottom line, the pandemic didn’t cause any of their failures.  The only one it might have affected is Ayushman and it can actually be debated whether it was the pandemic or the rise of OTT platforms that sort of ended his theatrical run. Then again I always saw his stardom very similar to Varun’s where it all happened too fast and was too hyped up and the bubble was gonna burst sooner or later.  So perhaps he would have faced this rough phase without the pandemic too.