Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: Clochette

I'm struck dumb (almost) what kind of movies you watched as kids!

Because in India, everyone sits in front of TV together or goes to theatre together with family in tow and no one bothers about impact of scenes on kids. Rather elders get angry if someone points out that some scene or sonv may negatively impact kids and think others are ruining their fun or accuse parents or kids of being over sensitive or over thinking.

In India people still watch films and TV together and discuss together. Some parents take kids to watch even A rated films like Delhi Belly as they cannot leave kids alone at home and there is  no one else at home to take care of kids.

They do not bother how films or TV shows will affect kids. 

atominis thumbnail

I gotta admit that film added to my aquaphobia thanks to villain and heroine pushing each other in crocodile infested water.

It also added to my fear of crocodiles along with films like Shaan, Ganga Jumna Saraswati etc and all those Discovery, Nat Geo, Animal planet shows.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Life_Is_Dutiful

Rape scenes in movies terrorized me like anything during my pre-teens and teens so much so that I used to feel scared going out of the house alone even during broad daylight. There was the rape scene of Rani Mukherjee in Hey Ram and even today here screams ring in my ears. I couldn't sleep for days after watching that scene.

Yes the most realistic depiction in an Indian movie 

The way she cries in pain with her throat slit, clothes torn, blood everywhere 

I still can't forget 

To think this and even worse happened at that time... 

Edited by BettyA1 - 1 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: atominis

I gotta admit that film added to my aquaphobia thanks to villain and heroine pushing each other in crocodile infested water.

It also added to my fear of crocodiles along with films like Shaan, Ganga Jumna Saraswati etc and all those Discovery, Nat Geo, Animal planet shows.

https://youtu.be/t8_FxazU8f4

Warning: The woman (or is it a girl?) crying is more scary

noorsand thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3

Raat scared me as a kid, I used to hate sleeping next to a wall due to a scene in the movie where hands appear out of the wall. 

Also, I feel really bad now but as kids I used to scare my brother by singing theme music of Woh (Indian adaptation of It). 

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
Originally posted by: BettyA1

Yes the most realistic depiction in an Indian movie 

The way she cries in pain with her throat slit, clothes torn, blood everywhere 

I still can't forget 

To think this and even worse happened at that time... 

That scene had affected me psychologically so much. Those monsters are raping her and she's screaming and Kamal Hassan is trying her best to save her but can't. I don't think I can ever forget that scene.

Johnny.Balraj thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Any decent horror film

Going to washroom alone during the night was the toughest part.

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

It... I haven't been able to finish the two-part movies to this day...

AbjiniRockss thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Makdee,Veerana, Aparichit (the way the hero killed all the villains were traumatising and disturbing) and orphan