Alpha Male Heroes - Obsession or Oblivion? - Page 2

Posted: 1 years ago

Unpopular but the actual way Alphas behave, comes from a study of wolves, shows they're the leader of their packs, who make sure none of their pack member goes hungry and take care of them at all times, basically the DAD™ of the group. So the Alpha males have to be caring, nurturing and ready to fight for their pack/family and not hurt their loved ones 😆

The writers of movies and stories got the opposite going on 🤣 

So the true Alpha males are in the third post 😆 

Taken together, the research suggests that the ideal man (for a date or romantic partner) is one who is assertive, confident, easygoing, and sensitive, without being aggressive, demanding, dominant, quiet, shy, or submissive. In other words, a prestigious man, not a dominant man. In fact, it appears that the prestigious man who is high in both assertiveness and kindness is considered the most attractive to women for both short-term affairs and long-term relationships. 

- Cognitive Scientist Scott Barry Kaufman

Good list CCs and beautiful thread 🤗

Edited by DelusionsOfNeha - 1 years ago
Originally posted by Bee222

So yeah, this is a girl who will continue to love ASR but whose favourite will always be Neil Khanna from Naamkaran ❤️❤️

I was rewatching naamkaran again, coz working on this thread made me want to revisit the "writing of Neil Khanna" and I realized that unlike of the rest of the writers, the CVs were self aware when they wrote him. Even in his establishing shot, while others exude power power and arrogance, Neil is doing the most mundane thing ever, making coffee, unlike others, he is not reclusive of rain (or people around him) he is ok with them. Even though DD is scared of him, it's like being scared of an elder brother, whole in other shows, people are running away from the ML.

I never really thought about it until today, and I wished they wrote such more characters and even stuck to writing Neil like this (because sometimes Neil was the stupidest person in the world, you can't deny that)

The writers really did a great one with that single establishing shot.

Originally posted by DelusionsOfNeha

Unpopular but the actual way Alphas behave, comes from a study of wolves, shows they're the leader of their packs, who make sure none of their pack member goes hungry and take care of them at all times, basically the DAD™ of the group. So the Alpha males have to be caring, nurturing and ready to fight for their pack/family and not hurt their loved ones 😆

I always wondered where the "alpha" term originated and stupidly thought it's got to do with the alpha, beta, omega dynamics that you see in fics, which, maybe are deratives and further distortions (to some extent) of the above.

Ig it all comes down to audience's need for a "macho" man. The one who can fuel the "mard hai toh kuch bhi kar sakte hai" thingy that exists in our society. 

Originally posted by oye_nakhrewaali

I always wondered where the "alpha" term originated and stupidly thought it's got to do with the alpha, beta, omega dynamics that you see in fics, which, maybe are deratives and further distortions (to some extent) of the above.

Ig it all comes down to audience's need for a "macho" man. The one who can fuel the "mard hai toh kuch bhi kar sakte hai" thingy that exists in our society. 

that dynamics roots from the study on pack animals, wolves and chimpanzees. They tried to look into human behaviour from that point and something got lost in translation and we're stuck with emotionally unavailable male leads who only know anger  

It proves that patriarchy does more or equal harm to men as much it hurts women cuz men who show emotions (other than anger cuz apparently it's not an emotion) are not "men" 

How effed up is this idea? Angry young man  

I was rewatching naamkaran again, coz working on this thread made me want to revisit the "writing of Neil Khanna" and I realized that unlike of the rest of the writers, the CVs were self aware when they wrote him. Even in his establishing shot, while others exude power power and arrogance, Neil is doing the most mundane thing ever, making coffee, unlike others, he is not reclusive of rain (or people around him) he is ok with them. Even though DD is scared of him, it's like being scared of an elder brother, whole in other shows, people are running away from the ML.

I never really thought about it until today, and I wished they wrote such more characters and even stuck to writing Neil like this (because sometimes Neil was the stupidest person in the world, you can't deny that)

The writers really did a great one with that single establishing shot.

Haina? I loved that scene ❤️❤️ And this was what drew me into his character originally. He was so... normal? 😆 He had a job that he was passionate about, he had morals and he stood up for them, and yes he was powerful too but beneath all that... he had this very "approachable" vibe to him. Like he was just a guy doing his best in life. He could be anyone around you. He isn't bossy for the sake of being bossy; he appreciates people and their emotions. He isn't one to start throwing angry glares with just a sarcastic jab from someone; if anything, he'll just tell you off politely.

He isn't an "angry young man", he's just... a young man. And that was probably the most refreshing part about him. I really could never have enough of Neil Khanna ❤️❤️

Also, every time Avni burned to break the law and Neil convinced her to follow it instead... I swear I was melting for them 🤧 I mean, I've always been someone who likes the rebels, how on earth did I get so addicted to someone who played by the rules? 😭 Horrible show, NK!

Tbh, to me it's the concept of alpha that's attractive. Gender to koi bhi chalega. But gimme that confidence, that drive, that passion to get what you want no matter what. And if you're angry, you show it behind closed doors, when the world is calm but you're raging inside. All throughout the day, there's a smile on your face that conceals everything. You do not shout unnecessarily at people; instead you have a low, velvety voice laced with the undertone of danger... a voice that immediately tells people that they should obey if they want what's good for them.

I think to be fair, on ITV, Maya is the one who came closest to this. Alpha female outdoing all the alpha males out there ☺️

P.S. I was today years old when I realised that both the show and its ML have the initials NK 😲

P.S. I was today years old when I realised that both the show and its ML have the initials NK 😲

Neil and Neela also share thier name. Naamkaran mein naam mein jyaada mehnat nahi ki😅😝

Neelajana, the name that avni picks and says is tribute to Neil is actually neela ka extension😂

Tbh, to me it's the concept of alpha that's attractive. Gender to koi bhi chalega. But gimme that confidence, that drive, that passion to get what you want no matter what. And if you're angry, you show it behind closed doors, when the world is calm but you're raging inside. All throughout the day, there's a smile on your face that conceals everything. You do not shout unnecessarily at people; instead you have a low, velvety voice laced with the undertone of danger... a voice that immediately tells people that they should obey if they want what's good for them.

I think to be fair, on ITV, Maya is the one who came closest to this. Alpha female outdoing all the alpha males out there ☺️

For me, it's Sakshi Goenka, Durga Thakur and Roshni Kataria. They literally tears people apart who harm their FAMILY, on the basis on Neha's defination. 😅

Neil and Neela also share thier name. Naamkaran mein naam mein jyaada mehnat nahi ki😅😝

Neelajana, the name that avni picks and says is tribute to Neil is actually neela ka extension😂

Acchi baat hai na, two in one tribute 🙈🤣