Congratulations vijay sir IF team and wish u many more years and success 

images (1).jpeg

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 1 years ago

Happy Birthday The Office GIF - Happy Birthday The Office Dwight GIFs

Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail

Congratulations 🎊 Vijay bhai and team can’t explain my happiness in words…many many more years of success for IF.

Happy Birthday IF.🎉🥳💐🎂🎉👏🏻💐🎂🥳

Beautiful thread 🎉🥳💐🎂makers.

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Rose Bouquet Congratulations Card | Birthday & Greeting Cards by Davia |  Congratulations card, Wedding congratulations card, Congratulations pictures

🥳TO INDIA FORUMS AND THE TEAM RUNNING IT🥳

SoniRita thumbnail

Congrats and celebrations for IF  turning 19 yrs thats huge🥳

Nice thread Madhu di

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

I have only been a consumer ("member") of India Forums for the last year and four months, but reading old threads helps me to appreciate the efforts of those who tried to keep this community safe over the years. Where did all of these well-meaning people go?

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

We are removing comments for Celebrities and replacing it with Discussion Topics so that its more organized. Members will be able to tag the celebrity and it appears under Celebrity Profile

Celebrity Discussion forum

Now members can Create topics on your favorite celebrity and it will appear on their profile page under "Discussions" tab.

Allowing members to tag all sorts of content with the names of non-consenting celebrities is irresponsible, and vijay once cited legal advice not to do it.

Already, members are tagging fan fiction topics so that fictional stories appear in the list of news articles about a real person. This makes India Forums news articles look less than professional. It's something to fix before the website turns 20 years old.

In the extreme case of a member using the celebrity name tags to get attention for violent sexual fantasies and links to her website with obscene content, I've used the Report button and even PM'ed the Global Moderators and vijay. However, I can't make anyone check reports or open a PM.

I have also noticed hurtful speculative topics about celebrities' private lives, which India Forums should discourage, not allow into the news articles list through tagging.

If there is no dedicated forum for a particular show one can still have discussions around it and it will show under that show Discussion Tab.

How does this work? If a show is so high-profile that India Forums gives it a Discussion Tab, an Entity Tag, or whatever, why wouldn't it also have a forum? And if one starts a discussion topic in some unrelated forum, expecting it to get migrated to a Discussion Tab, isn't it more likely that the topic will be trashed?

3. You can only tag maximum 5 people in one post.

Thanks for making it 10 people - even when editing an untagged post.

India Forum  prohibits sexually explicit material on this site .

This is regarding the information you post on the India-forums Website and that you provide to other Users, your India-forums profile must not include any photographs containing nudity, or obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter.

As an FFEditor, you know that's not entirely true. In its 19th year, "family friendly site" India Forums announced that sexually explicit fan fictions are officially allowed in the Fan Fiction section.

While they're supposed to be "R rated" (18+) for explicit narration and "X rated" (21+) for nudity/obscenity, a book about a man using his girlfriend to marry her daughter, then continuing the affair with his mother-in-law, with "strictly 21+ due to sexual scenarios and nudity" in its Summary, is still "R rated" to this day.

Why?

Well, when I mentioned the rating and asked whether India Forums' rule against "incest" in fan fiction applies? Whether India Forums would also welcome an X-rated stepfather/stepdaughter story? Are adopted relatives taboo? ... The author/FFEditor replied that her definition of incest is blood relatives, so the book is fine, and she gets one month to comply with the new ratings system. That was five months ago, and my PM to Global Moderators and vijay about this issue was never opened.

Despite a rule that "X rated" doesn't excuse "pørn without plot" stories in the Fan Fiction section, when I reported a couple of them, FFEditors just marked them "X rated" and kept them anyway.

Never stop trying to improve, India Forums!

Viswasruti thumbnail

@BrhannadaArmour

Instead of thanking our Administrator for giving us a safe haven for our interactions in this thread of celebration, you are bringing up issues. Please refrain from complaining here.

We have different sites for discussions on site issues.

Since we never paid anything to this site and instead took advantage of all the amenities and welcoming interactions with other members, as far as I'm aware, no one in my eight years stint at this IF ever felt like a consumer. 

Minionite thumbnail
Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

Allowing members to tag all sorts of content with the names of non-consenting celebrities is irresponsible, and vijay once cited legal advice not to do it.

Already, members are tagging fan fiction topics so that fictional stories appear in the list of news articles about a real person. This makes India Forums news articles look less than professional. It's something to fix before the website turns 20 years old.

In the extreme case of a member using the celebrity name tags to get attention for violent sexual fantasies and links to her website with obscene content, I've used the Report button and even PM'ed the Global Moderators and vijay. However, I can't make anyone check reports or open a PM.

I have also noticed hurtful speculative topics about celebrities' private lives, which India Forums should discourage, not allow into the news articles list through tagging.

How does this work? If a show is so high-profile that India Forums gives it a Discussion Tab, an Entity Tag, or whatever, why wouldn't it also have a forum? And if one starts a discussion topic in some unrelated forum, expecting it to get migrated to a Discussion Tab, isn't it more likely that the topic will be trashed?

Thanks for making it 10 people - even when editing an untagged post.

As an FFEditor, you know that's not entirely true. In its 19th year, "family friendly site" India Forums announced that sexually explicit fan fictions are officially allowed in the Fan Fiction section.

While they're supposed to be "R rated" (18+) for explicit narration and "X rated" (21+) for nudity/obscenity, a book about a man using his girlfriend to marry her daughter, then continuing the affair with his mother-in-law, with "strictly 21+ due to sexual scenarios and nudity" in its Summary, is still "R rated" to this day.

Why?

Well, when I mentioned the rating and asked whether India Forums' rule against "incest" in fan fiction applies? Whether India Forums would also welcome an X-rated stepfather/stepdaughter story? Are adopted relatives taboo? ... The author/FFEditor replied that her definition of incest is blood relatives, so the book is fine, and she gets one month to comply with the new ratings system. That was five months ago, and my PM to Global Moderators and vijay about this issue was never opened.

Despite a rule that "X rated" doesn't excuse "pørn without plot" stories in the Fan Fiction section, when I reported a couple of them, FFEditors just marked them "X rated" and kept them anyway.

Never stop trying to improve, India Forums!

@ Red: Just wanted to point out that celebs are not actually tagged. If someone puts Hrithik Roshan in a topic, he isn't getting a tag on Facebook or Instagram or Twitter or any other social media site. The tag simply means that if you search Hrithik Roshan in the search bar, that topic will show up. And anyone visiting his informational page (like a Wikipedia) on India-Forums, they will see that topic under discussion.

@ Blue: How are you sure your reports and PMs are not being read? As moderators, and Vijay as administrator and owner of this site, have no obligation to inform people we are reading their reports and PMs. They trust that we are and if they have follow-up questions, they typically ask in a PM.

@ Green: India Forums is trying to encourage creativity, not stifle it. As long as people are not explicitly describing rape scenes or child p**n, why should IF stay behind when every site is allowing such content. And we are at least being careful in marking these topics mature content with the hopes that children will not read them.

@ Bold: I would recommend that instead of criticizing a site in a celebratory thread, this stuff should be taken to other topics asking for recommendations (like Viswasruti said).

Edited by MinionBoss - 1 years ago
Sutapasima thumbnail

@BrhannadaArmour you are welcome to join us as we celebrate the 19th birthday of this site .

Please share what impressed you about this site that made you join here as member , what all you loved about this forum that made you stick around for almost  a year . 

Please take all your complains n grievances to the thread meant for that purpose . 😊

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sutapasima

@BrhannadaArmour you are welcome to join us as we celebrate the 19th birthday of this site .

Please share what impressed you about this site that made you join here as member , what all you loved about this forum that made you stick around for almost  a year . 

Please take all your complains n grievances to the thread meant for that purpose . 😊

Red: I have enjoyed so many forum discussions and given feedback on so many fan fictions, the list is quite long.

Just go to my profile and you can see all my posts. You can still do that as a Viewbie, although India Forums has disabled ordinary members' access to each other's posts for the past several months.

Please, India Forums, let my posts be visible to everybody again! I have already asked for this a few times in the appropriate threads.

Since our comments are now being counted to move us up on the ladder (thank you!), I have suggested that there could also be a My Comments page on every member's profile, to encourage other members to view the same articles or fan fictions, even if they're not Favorites/Library.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 1 years ago