Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Does Aloo have competition for best actress?

Poll

Does Aloo's performance in Gangubai this year have competition yet?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Ok, so early on this year we thought Aloo had no competition for the best actress award because she was excellent in Gangubai. But considering it is really Tabu saving bollywood. Yes, the credit for the success of Bhool Bulaiya should be given to Tabu more than Karthik Aryan or Kiara who really didn’t do much nor were they impressive. She had a double role and nailed both characters. Then came Drishyam 2 which I have not scene. I hear Ajay was the real show stealer. But Akshay and Tabu were equally brilliant in their own right. Considering Tabu mostly has won best actress critics and never best actress commercial. Considering the best actress popular award takes success of a film into consideration than Drishyam 2 was a bigger success than Gangubai at the box office. 

After so many years in the industry and giving so many memorable performances, Tabu probably has not gotten as much recognition as she would have per se in Hollywood for an actress of her caliber. Alia has won best actress so many times already. I am sure it will not kill her to let someone else have a moment even though she might have given the better performance. She has if we are honest robbed others of the award even when she really did not deserve it. Cough cough.. her ten minute role in Gully Boy. 

Now comes the bigger debate. Many will say if not the best actress popular award, Aloo should get best actress critics. Although many can argue Gangubai should have been considerably challenging for her as she grew up in elite circles. I think for a newbie actress to show this much range. From a confident and mysterious devi in Bulbul. To a devoted lover in Laila Manju. To know a helpless and guilt driven girl in Qala, hungry for love, this girl has shown massive potential and considerable range. I would say much more than Aloo did in Highway. She really needs to be highlighted as a talent to watch out for. Taking all these things into consideration, I feel Tripti deserves best actress critics. 

Feel free to agree or disagree. But please explain your answer. As I want discussion. I was debating not having poll here because people just tend to answer the poll and leave. Please explain your answers I do not care if you completely disagree with me. Thnx! 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Alia will likely get the Popular Best Actress award

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Alia will likely get the Popular Best Actress award

Why? Because she clearly has a monopoly on it? Or she deserves it. Please explain.. Because like I said if we go by what is the known best actress popular criteria. It is a balance between a good performance and a considerably popular film. If Alia got more praise for her performance. Then Gangubai was not really a hit. Tabu also got considerable praise for a film that was more successful at the box office. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Why? Because she clearly has a monopoly on it? Or she deserves it. Please explain.. Because like I said if we go by what is the known best actress popular criteria. It is a balance between a good performance and a considerably popular film. If Alia got more praise for her performance. Then Gangubai was not really a hit. Tabu also got considerable praise for a film that was more successful at the box office. 

Her movie was a hit. Tabu's was a higher grosser tho

My Reasoning is I hope she wins 2 more to pass Vidya Balan. 😆

Edited by Maroonporsche - 1 years ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Her movie was a hit. Tabu's was a higher grosser tho

My Reasoning is I hope she wins 2 more to pass Vidya Balan. 😆

lol great explanation though! 🤣

priya185 thumbnail

Tabu deserves awards, she is far ahead of Alia and barely got her due. Deepika was good too 

I liked Alaya F in Freddy it was a different role

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: priya185

Tabu deserves awards, she is far ahead of Alia and barely got her due. Deepika was good too 

I liked Alaya F in Freddy it was a different role

Exactly my feelings. It is not just Aloo. It is amazing actresses like PC, Vidya and Kangana experienced more success than her in Bollywood. She is arguably better than all three. Only Vidya has the slight edge in terms of voice modulation and dialogue delivery then her. But Tabu is still arguably better overall. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I think they should abolish acting categories because no one is good enough to be competing with Alia 😎

Tinkerbelle88 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

In a perfect world Tabu would’ve gotten the best actress popular and Tripti would’ve won in the critics category. But I don’t think the award shows would let Alia go empty handed especially after the big year she had with both commercial and critical success to her credit. Also her attendance would grab more eye balls. So as much as it hurts me to say it Alia kisi ek ka patta toh definitely kaategi. If it’s for Gangubai or Darlings I can make peace with it they were good performances no doubt.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

KJo has already stated Alia Bhatt is the best actor in all India, male or female, ever.

Ideally, Tripti would win for Qala in critics' choice. I saw that movie. Didn't enjoy the film as much, but Tripti's performance was out of this world. Anything Alia has done so far can't come close to Tripti. No ifs, ands, or buts. 

Darlings? 😆 Gimme a break. There is zero comparison between the 2. 

Never thought I'd say this, but I think Tripti is/can be better than Tabu.

Popular... meh... I think Alia for Gangubai is OK. Tabu is a superior actress, but BB2 didn't become a success because of her.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago