"I was shattered when Tashan flopped" - kareena

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Interesting tidbit; shot JWM and Tashan at the same time and she explains her mindset during this time. She thought JWM was gonna be just a whatever movie, while Tashan would change her career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLLT03ubm60&t=6s&ab_channel=FilmCompanion

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

JWM changed her career

Tashan changed her life

Both these experiences gave her the biggest professional and personal high! 

desigal90 thumbnail
Originally posted by: cougarTown

JWM changed her career

Tashan changed her life

Both these experiences gave her the biggest professional and personal high! 

She literally said the exact same thing at the end of the video! That JWM changed her career while Tashan changed her life.she said  she must have only done that movie to meet Saif. I remember watching her love story with Saif unfold, as a fan, was magical. She was so different with him compared to anyone she was with before. I remember watching her shoot this magazine and the behind the scenes clips were so romantic. 

https://twitter.com/desigal90/status/1599698046358786051?s=21&t=iVOA2thEJL2RotydHPvNog

Edited by desigal90 - 1 years ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

If I remember right it was during the release of Tashan when there was the "tiff" between theatre owners and (among others) YRF about the distribution share...Tashan hadn't a financially favourable start. And bad reviews didn't help either.

I think, Kareena has become an icon - through her work, her life and her personality... and "saifeena" an iconic couple.

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail

Tashan releases solely on single screens, no metros. YRF had a disagreement with metros over pricing and distribution, and also didn't bother promoting it because they were so confident. It all backfired 

Edited by desigal90 - 1 years ago
bakhtaavar thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Might be unpopular opinion but i liked this movie , had some great visuals and songs. LAnil Kapoor was annoying though. 

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Regardless of the BO failure Kareena in Tashan was a cultural reset

images (1).jpeg

Edited by CLOBBER - 1 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail
Originally posted by: bakhtaavar

Might be unpopular opinion but i liked this movie , had some great visuals and songs. LAnil Kapoor was annoying though. 

if Tashan had stayed focused on the  3 and their adventures and finding the money, it would have done well. It sort of derailed with that ridiculous 80s climax and action and bhaiyya jee

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

By the way Tashan didn't flopped, it did average business, It just didn't match the expectation it was one of the Biggest film of the year. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Tashan was enjoyable