Ethir Neechal Tamil Serial - Page 2

Posted: 1 years ago

After watching today's episode, felt like slapping Sakthi for signing the papers. Complete Puppet man. Grown up idiot. Felt bad for Janani. She should not forgive him ever. 😴

The men of Ethir Neechal

At first, I wanted to write only about the three men of the serial but think that not mentioning Janani father and Uncle would not be right as they shaped Janani character as much as the brothers shaped Shakthi’s

Janani father in every step of her life he was an involved parent, more so a parent who wanted to shape her the way he thought would make her successful. Was he a doting father yes, but did he teach her to be independent I don’t think so? Did he teach her to speak her mind yes, speaking one’s mind takes a bit of courage but that does not make you a leader with independent thinking capabilities.

Her uncle a man who did a better job I would say with his daughter as she is bold, Independent and speaks her mind. He has taught her that men are not superior to women but are equals, he cooks in the home encourages both her and her brother to have independent thoughts.

Now to the brothers/men of the Gunasekhar family.

I am going to save the main antagonist for last. First, Kathir the brash, the foolhardy the one who has the least intelligence. He thinks just by raising his voice and raising his hand it makes him a man. But he is the man who embodies fools rush in where angels fear to tread!. I think he maybe the first one to face reality that he is all talk but no substance.

Next Gunasekaran, there is a pun in the name. He does have a little bit of redeeming qualities as he does listen to his wife sometimes , but is so under his big brother’s influence that those moments are very fleeting. I think his daughter maybe the one who opens his eyes, when she is treated as badly as her mother he may realize his mistakes..one can hope!

Next Shakthi , he is a protagonist but a very weak one. He is the youngest in the family as so has the Youngest child syndrome.  Psychologists have theorized that parents coddle youngest children. They also might ask older siblings to take on battles for little brothers and sisters, leaving the youngest children unable to care for themselves adequately. He lacks friends, lacks good role models and lacks the required intelligence to understand right from wrong and of course the guts to follow thru. In comes Janani into his life a bold, confident young lady he is smitten and she becomes his only friend but since he cannot think for himself he does not learn to trust, he has not been taught to make decision by himself so the marriage to the Singapore lady, the signing of the divorce papers. He is a weak character just as Gunasekar is portrayed as strong but I think there will be a progress on this character it will take time, but it will turn out to be strong, for now he is spineless!

Now to Gunasekhar the classic narcissist, the symptomsbeing overly boastful, exaggerating one’s own achievementsPretending to be superior to others, Lack of empathy for others, Looking down on others as inferiorand trying to monopolize every conversation as to have the last word. I underlined the word strong but is he really strong? He is dangerous and can go to any lengths to make sure he wins or has the last word and that is a dangerous trait that appattha warning Janani about. He should not be underestimated and there will be times he will win in this battle because the Protagonist is as strongas the Antagonist in this case he is strong and dangerous.

How did he get this way ? a child of 13 worked and found devious ways to get ahead, probably did not have a strong father role model, not much is spoken about his father but if a child of 13 has to work it is because the father was absent or incapable. A little glimpse has been give of appatha husband probably a male chauvinist too and the biggest influence hos archaic mother who thinks men walk on water!

Very well written 😍 You have deeply understood their characters. Kudos! 

Would love to see these men suffer once the women gonna step out🤣

Looks like they gonna end Appatha's character. Within a short period of time, this character gathered much love from the audience. It would be hard to see Janani suffer alone. By the feel of it, Appatha would have arranged the properties to the ladies, which would be helpful for their future. Let's wait and watch.

Hey guys 

I am watching this serial now since past few months...

I love the character of Pattammal but I was like why did she kept mum till now.. why didn't she stand up for the three DIL? 

But now with the help of Janani they're gonna show them bolder. 

I am eagerly waiting for the upcoming episodes..

Eshwari slapping her son scene was such a powerful scene.  🔥🔥 

Goosebumps moment for all audience. Gunsekaran ku allu ila 😂

This treatment to her son was long time due. Just waiting for all three to thrash their husband like this one day 😂

Edited by nivedha_123 - 1 years ago

I first thought it would be a dream of Easwary but thank god it was not..

AGS was slightly scared and Visalatchi got a nice reply from Easwary..

Well that's a start 😎

Hi sorry I was not active here. I think the story now is taking a wonderful turn. A mother is very protective of her children and that has been awakened in Easwary. Fantastic direction. Glad to see more people in this topic.