Appropriate Age of Charecters - Yeh Karte Toh Ganit Ki Lanka Naa Lagti

Anupreeya thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Raichand Family -

Shantanu Raichand - born in 1950 

- married Satyavati in 1989 (age 39)   

- died 2000 (age 50)

They never mentioned the cause of death. Accident or heart attack both look plausible. And he looks 50 in the potrait Dev has in his office.

Satyavati Raichand - born in 1970

- married Shantanu in 1989 (age 19)

And in that time 18-19 mein shaadi Kara dete thhe aur aurton ka bahar kaam na karna was a common accepted mentality. So, plotwise makes sense. 

- age 30 in 2000 when Shantanu died

- age 52 in 2022

Devbrat Raichand - born in 1977 

- age 8 in 1985 when Ganga died

- age 12 in 1989 when he met Sayavati

So, Satyavati is only 7 years older than Dev here (again 4-5 years bolne se pehle makers thoda math kar lo). And their relationship makes sense because he was only 12 and a grieving child when he met Satyavati. She showered him with mother's love and tried to fill a gap in his life.

- age 23 in 2000 when Shantanu died

Just London se MBA karke lauta hoga when his father died and he had to take up all the responsibilities of the empire upon himself. And fresh out of studies, 23 is quite young to take up all these responsibilities, more so when you have a 10 year old brother and 3 year old sister, for whom you have to carry out not only the role of elder brother, but you have to be like their father in a way. And makes sense, why he never married, always focused on them because they were so young when his father passed away, makes sense he is so overprotective about them. He had lost his mother that young, he knows the loss and does everything to fill the gap of losing a parent for them.

It's been 22 years since he has been carrying on every responsibility by himself. (22 years is no less than 30 years, 30 years bolke timeline ka kachra karne ki zarurat nahin thhi makers ko)

- age 45 in 2022

Abhimanyu Raichand - born in 1990 (age 32 in 2022)

- age 10 in 2000 when Shantanu died

- age 32 in 2022

Chitra Raichand - born in 1997 (age 25 in 2022)

- age 3 in 2000 when Shantanu died

- age 25 in 2022

Sharma Family -

Hariprasad Sharma - born in 1968

- age 25 in 1993 when married 

- age 33 in 2001 when Vidhi was born

- age 54 in 2022

Bimla Sharma - born in 1973 

- age 20 in 1993 when married

- age 28 in 2001 when Vidhi was born

- age 49 in 2022

Vidhi Sharma - born in 2001 

- age 21 in 2022

Only explanation I can add here is Vidhi was born after they lost all hopes of having a child years after their marriage. It was as if Maa Milapini had finally answered their prayers in form of Vidhi. It's quite common for people to have gone through this. This could be another explanation why they have only one child. Uss zamane mein ek child ka concept non existent hi thha.

Gupta Family - (Surname is my invention here)

Pratap Gupta - born in 1949

- married Neeli in 1986 (age 37)

Aaj ke date mein 37 years is considered young but 1980s mein it was considered too old to remain unmarried and then be married at 37, that too love marriage with a young girl. It must have been a scandal in the mohalla when they got married. And also it's three years prior to Satyavati's marriage with Shantanu, so makes sense.

- age 73 in 2022

Neeli Gupta - born in 1968 

- married Pratap in 1986 (age 18)

- age 54 in 2022

So my added explanation Neeli is 5 years older than Bimla, which is okay for women in a mohalla to be in common circle. Hariprasad being of the same mohalla would have despised Neeli and Pratap for thescandal years ago. When Bimla got married and came here, she would have befriended Neeli through the women circle of mohalla and talked to her without making Hariprasad know.

Age Gap Love Stories in the Show -

Pratap-Neeli - 19 years

Shantanu-Satyavati - 20 years

Dev-Vidhi - 24 years

Ab shayad yeh post dekhkar sab log convince ho jaaye ki Dev "Umar ka Jaap" kyun karta hai......I was shocked for a second jab Vidhi ka year of birth 2001 nikla toh...... Matlab pata thha choti hai par itti choti hai laga nahin thha...... He and Vidhi literally have not one but almost two generation ka gap.... Because born in 1980s waalon ko 1990s waalon se aur 90s waalon ko definitely 2000s waalon se generation gap feel hota hi hai...... Yeh param satya hai......

Edited by Anupreeya - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anupreeya thumbnail

Tags

Koi reh gaya toh krupaya usse bhi tag kar dein

zack69 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Makes sense. Serial waalo ne toh confuse karke rakkha hai by god

Saumya19 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anupreeya

Raichand Family -

Shantanu Raichand - born in 1950 

- married Satyavati in 1989 (age 39)   

- died 2000 (age 50)

They never mentioned the cause of death. Accident or heart attack both look plausible. And he looks 50 in the potrait Dev has in his office.

Satyavati Raichand - born in 1970

- married Shantanu in 1989 (age 19)

And in that time 18-19 mein shaadi Kara dete thhe aur aurton ka bahar kaam na karna was a common accepted mentality. So, plotwise makes sense. 

- age 30 in 2000 when Shantanu died

- age 52 in 2022

Devbrat Raichand - born in 1977 

- age 8 in 1985 when Ganga died

- age 12 in 1989 when he met Sayavati

So, Satyavati is only 7 years older than Dev here (again 4-5 years bolne se pehle makers thoda math kar lo). And their relationship makes sense because he was only 12 and a grieving child when he met Satyavati. She showered him with mother's love and tried to fill a gap in his life.

- age 23 in 2000 when Shantanu died

Just London se MBA karke lauta hoga when his father died and he had to take up all the responsibilities of the empire upon himself. And fresh out of studies, 23 is quite young to take up all these responsibilities, more so when you have a 10 year old brother and 3 year old sister, for whom you have to carry out not only the role of elder brother, but you have to be like their father in a way. And makes sense, why he never married, always focused on them because they were so young when his father passed away, makes sense he is so overprotective about them. He had lost his mother that young, he knows the loss and does everything to fill the gap of losing a parent for them.

It's been 22 years since he has been carrying on every responsibility by himself. (22 years is no less than 30 years, 30 years bolke timeline ka kachra karne ki zarurat nahin thhi makers ko)

- age 45 in 2022

Abhimanyu Raichand - born in 1990 (age 32 in 2022)

- age 10 in 2000 when Shantanu died

- age 32 in 2022

Chitra Raichand - born in 1997 (age 25 in 2022)

- age 3 in 2000 when Shantanu died

- age 25 in 2022

Sharma Family -

Hariprasad Sharma - born in 1968

- age 25 in 1993 when married 

- age 33 in 2001 when Vidhi was born

- age 54 in 2022

Bimla Sharma - born in 1973 

- age 20 in 1993 when married

- age 28 in 2001 when Vidhi was born

- age 49 in 2022

Vidhi Sharma - born in 2001 

- age 21 in 2022

Only explanation I can add here is Vidhi was born after they lost all hopes of having a child years after their marriage. It was as if Maa Milapini had finally answered their prayers in form of Vidhi. It's quite common for people to have gone through this. This could be another explanation why they have only one child. Uss zamane mein ek child ka concept non existent hi thha.

Gupta Family - (Surname is my invention here)

Pratap Gupta - born in 1949

- married Neeli in 1986 (age 37)

Aaj ke date mein 37 years is considered young but 1980s mein it was considered too old to remain unmarried and then be married at 37, that too love marriage with a young girl. It must have been a scandal in the mohalla when they got married. And also it's three years prior to Satyavati's marriage with Shantanu, so makes sense.

- age 73 in 2022

Neeli Gupta - born in 1968 

- married Pratap in 1986 (age 18)

- age 54 in 2022

So my added explanation Neeli is 5 years older than Bimla, which is okay for women in a mohalla to be in common circle. Hariprasad being of the same mohalla would have despised Neeli and Pratap for thescandal years ago. When Bimla got married and came here, she would have befriended Neeli through the women circle of mohalla and talked to her without making Hariprasad know.

Age Gap Love Stories in the Show -

Pratap-Neeli - 19 years

Shantanu-Satyavati - 20 years

Dev-Vidhi - 24 years

Ab shayad yeh post dekhkar sab log convince ho jaaye ki Dev "Umar ka Jaap" kyun karta hai......I was shocked for a second jab Vidhi ka year of birth 2001 nikla toh...... Matlab pata thha choti hai par itti choti hai laga nahin thha...... He and Vidhi literally have not one but almost two generation ka gap.... Because born in 1980s waalon ko 1990s waalon se aur 90s waalon ko definitely 2000s waalon se generation gap feel hota hi hai...... Yeh param satya hai......

All your age calculations appear right on the mark to me. 
@ bold that is what I have been talking about since a long time. There is huge generation gap between the two. Dev technically belongs to my generation so we had a very different idea of relationships than what millennials or gen Z have pan globe. We had a very utilitarian life style even then where as both millennials Gen Z both have a 180 degree different view towards life. Living style mein to itna gap hai ki I find it hard to adjust to the idea of how to live of millennials. Gen Z ko to samajhne ki bhi koshish nahi karti. This itself was such a wonderful thing to explore in a story. 

Anupreeya thumbnail
Originally posted by: Saumya19

All your age calculations appear right on the mark to me
@ bold that is what I have been talking about since a long time. There is huge generation gap between the two. Dev technically belongs to my generation so we had a very different idea of relationships than what millennials or gen Z have pan globe. We had a very utilitarian life style even then where as both millennials Gen Z both have a 180 degree different view towards life. Living style mein to itna gap hai ki I find it hard to adjust to the idea of how to live of millennials. Gen Z ko to samajhne ki bhi koshish nahi karti. This itself was such a wonderful thing to explore in a story. 

@GREEN

Thank you. Mehnat safal hui.

@RED

Exactly! Aur woh na karke yeh log typical tropes use kar rahe.

Waise Vidhi na kahin se Gen Z hai na millennial. Woh born 2000s mein hui hai but uss part of India mein jo 2000s mein bhi 1980s mein thha, hence, her sheltered upbringing, lack of confidence, ladkiyan bahar kaam nahi karti etc etc. Toh utta bhi farak nahin hoga generation wise. But age wise, experience wise bahut kuch hai explore karne ko......

Anupreeya thumbnail

For those who want to read how badly the ages were messed up, here is the post by @bhshre95 that inspired me to correct the blunders and blunders of simple maths in the show again and again and again -

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/162004909

Edited by Anupreeya - 1 years ago
Revutty thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Thanks a lot. Please clarify age of Amba also. 

Anupreeya thumbnail
Originally posted by: Revutty

Thanks a lot. Please clarify age of Amba also. 

Amba ka I didn't want to add there because she is disliked amongst many. Uska straight forward hai. 

Let's say she met Dev when she was 25 and Dev was 30, toh 15 saal ka obsession uska over Dev is fine only. Bas Jo makers 10, 15 aur 20 ke beech decide nahin kar paa rahe, that's the problem 

Revutty thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Thanks a lot ☺️. She is a clueless character 

Saumya19 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Anupreeya

@GREEN

Thank you. Mehnat safal hui.

@RED

Exactly! Aur woh na karke yeh log typical tropes use kar rahe.

Waise Vidhi na kahin se Gen Z hai na millennial. Woh born 2000s mein hui hai but uss part of India mein jo 2000s mein bhi 1980s mein thha, hence, her sheltered upbringing, lack of confidence, ladkiyan bahar kaam nahi karti etc etc. Toh utta bhi farak nahin hoga generation wise. But age wise, experience wise bahut kuch hai explore karne ko......

have you ever been to Indore. It is small

Mumbai trust me. Ek to marathi influence bahut hai us part of MP pe. It’s one of the most developed tier two cities of India. Aisa nahi hai jaisa Vidhi ko dikhaya hai. Yeh to Satna zada lagta hai Indore nahi. You are right absolutely that Vidhi ka characterization kafi strange hai. She is totally unaware of the world. Ek Taraf Golden hai who is more aware of her ass paas even if not in a good way but she is more upto the time line in which she lives. Pata hai mujhe millennials ke thought process mein ek bahut acchi cheez lagti hai jo humare mein nahi thi. And Gen Z mein to this is even more profound. They more exposed and aware about the world. They are more committed to their futures. This perspective has changed India a lot in a good way. Vidhi showed that spark when she tried to convince her dad to let her work. And they were going great with the story of all that but then I don’t know kahan se yeh Amba ka darawna roop and then aur bahut kuch prakat ho gaya.