Debate Mansion

Member Topic: What are your views about this?

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Original post, Quoted post and the response to the quoted post all are worthy of a discussion.😲

https://twitter.com/TCanaveira/status/1594781332089016336?t=6-dKT-B3uZHVO1avknJb6g&s=19

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

The way the original homophobic tweet gains a 100k likes every time I look at it. These Qatari bots be getting overpaid 

Zeal17 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: semantic.error

The way the original homophobic tweet gains a 100k likes every time I look at it. These Qatari bots be getting overpaid 

Qatari talking humanity. 😆

NatkhatPyare thumbnail

My views - The Westerners need to be more liberal & accomodating towards islamic values. They should bend over backwards until their back breaks. Would serve them right!

Zeal17 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: NatkhatPyare

My views - The Westerners need to be more liberal & accomodating towards islamic values. They should bend over backwards until their back breaks. Would serve them right!

When America talks about values and Middle Eastern countries like Qatar n Saudi talks about humanity it's pretty laughable n sad.. 

Edited by Zeal17 - 1 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

If your *culture* treats a gender or a sexual orientation (which really isn't anyone else's business but an individual's) as inferior, then your culture is faulty and needs serious change. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

And don't ask to be part of the rest of the world. Take your regressive mentality and keep it within your borders. Resign from every transnational organization, including sports.

By bending over backwards to accommodate regressive ideas about women and LGBT people, FIFA is sending the message that these groups don't matter.

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

This isn’t a case about “culture & values.” It is consciously, will fully, denying basic humanity to a group of people & trying to will them away. And ensuring that whoever participates, must do the same. This is a crime, and should be definitely called out for. If your “culture & values”= Ostracising the LGBTQ/ women, then your “culture & values” need to be discarded b/c they’re parochial at the least, and criminal, to be honest. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

It’s all about 💰 😆

Maroonporsche thumbnail

If the Saudi Gov sends me a huge amount of checks I might change my values 😆

Edited by Maroonporsche - 1 years ago
Zeal17 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: HearMeRoar

If your *culture* treats a gender or a sexual orientation (which really isn't anyone else's business but an individual's) as inferior, then your culture is faulty and needs serious change. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

And don't ask to be part of the rest of the world. Take your regressive mentality and keep it within your borders. Resign from every transnational organization, including sports.

By bending over backwards to accommodate regressive ideas about women and LGBT people, FIFA is sending the message that these groups don't matter.

The train for "Qatar not being the right country for hosting world cup" has already left. As maroon said it's all about money.

But now the question is if it's happening in Qatar and It imposes any rule.. should it be followed or not 

Why go in such a country to make a statement and and if guts hai then be ready to face consequence as well.