Posted: 1 years ago

A Janhvi kapoor film mili(remake) with a lesser budget and not even half screen count earned slightly more than Kangana Dhaakad .

https://www.reddit.com/r/BollyBlindsNGossip/comments/yz44dp/a_janhvi_kapoor_film_miliremake_with_a_lesser/

Kangana is a good actress but she lost fans after she went psycho offscreen 

Did anyone here watch Janhvi's Mili? (I liked the original "Helen".)

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago

Originally posted by Clochette

Did anyone here watch Janhvi's Mili? (I liked the original "Helen".)

I saw it! I think the first half dragged on for slightly longer pacing wise but I would say it’s a worthwhile watch. It’s my 2nd favorite movie released in November after Monica Oh My Darling. The music score is good. 

Thanks for answering, Vimal. I read that Janhvi's performance was praised by critics and I know, that it wasn't an easy performance one because for a long time she had to act without other actors around.

Her (in the original = Helen's) situation reminded me of Rajkummar's survival challenge in Trapped (gripping movie and very good performance from Rajkummar).

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago

This is supose to be an accomplishment????

Chalo I am happy for Jhanvi. 

You mean it actually managed to sell more than 20 tickets on 2nd friday? Sridevi must be so proud! 👏

Originally posted by Grumpydwarf24

This is supose to be an accomplishment????

Chalo I am happy for Jhanvi. 

Honestly, now that I think about it, it's a pretty big deal. But I think it shows how bad Dhaakad did, and how small Kangana's fanbase is. 

Phone Bhoot (a more massy genre) didn't do that much better considering it had Katrina in it, a far bigger release, more promotions and Katrina is a huge star in Hindi cinema. Then you have Ishaan and Siddhant. 

Mili had an extremely limited release + is a genre of film no one will see in theatres anymore, so considering that all, it did better than I expected. Also no tharki fans will go see someone in a freezer, so the JK fans who went (+ bought tickets) were genuine. There was 0 hype too. 

Mili probably sold more tickets because of the actual story, not the actors themselves. 

The real question is, how many fans does Kangana have? Dhaakad wasn't anything too out of the ordinary, and she certainly promoted it....