Posted: 1 years ago

I revisited the film after a long time on Amazon Prime. And my god, she was so good in this. She put her everything in this film and looked absolutely amazing! The film was a bit long but it's still better than many of the movies being made today. Spectacular act! Here's a heartbreaking snippet from the film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZRNTHuFYvA

Aish was horrible in Umrao Jaan. She could not speak Urdu properly. Her clothes and costumes looked so fake. Rekha had Ada and grace which aish lacks. Plus Abhishek Bachchan looks like a joker in the role. He did not had royal grace and style which Farook Sheikh had.

She was okay but Alia would take the role to a whole other level. They should remake it with her. 

Originally posted by Shaitan-Haiwan

She was okay but Alia would take the role to a whole other level. They should remake it with her. 

I cannot imagine Alia in that role. Young and teenaged Umrao is fine but for that mathure role role Sushmita would be best.

On an honest note I have always stated the modern version has too much melodrama in terms of writing. Even Aish is not at fault for overacting. JP Dutta was starting to lose his touch. He completely lost it in films like Paltaan. Any actress would have suffered with bad writing and direction. 

To the contrast Rekha’s version is much more subtle. It leaves a lot of the pain to be felt. Instead of showing a heroine crying all the time. 

Originally posted by colossial2015

I cannot imagine Alia in that role. Young and teenaged Umrao is fine but for that mathure role role Sushmita would be best.

she is trolling Alia bhatt

Dear lord have mercy; why did Bollywood even gave a chance to ruin classic UM 

Only good thing about movie she met her prince, got married , and  I thank lord for that 🙏

how come you didn't make a topic or comment about sam's yashoda 

Agree its one of my favorite performances from Ash