Posted: 1 years ago

Why would she agree to play Alia's mother-in-law is beyond me. Terrible choice after terrible choice 

Originally posted by semantic.error

Why would she agree to play Alia's mother-in-law is beyond me. Terrible choice after terrible choice 

She clearly playing a younger version of that character in a flashback. Lol 

Yes, I was watching Brahmastra yesterday and when I saw DP my first reaction was is this some sort of spoof  😆

She playing RK’s mom 😆

I mean of course it’s a character but still it was really odd to have all three of them thus characterised given their real life. 
Also, was wondering how come there wasn’t any hullabaloo over this casting coup but now I know that it’s only in the OTT version that they’ve shown her. So she wasn’t visible when it released originally hence no hype.

Originally posted by WhiteNights

Yes, I was watching Brahmastra yesterday and when I saw DP my first reaction was is this some sort of spoof  😆

She playing RK’s mom 😆

I mean of course it’s a character but still it was really odd to have all three of them thus characterised given their real life. 
Also, was wondering how come there wasn’t any hullabaloo over this casting coup but now I know that it’s only in the OTT version that they’ve shown her. So she wasn’t visible when it released originally hence no hype.

I guess you missed the whole Amrita - Dev hype while the movie was having its box office run and Deepika being Amrita was very much part of it

I feel sorry for Brahmastra team.Imagine promoting other stars to make their sequel interesting.Utterly humiliating for them.

Continue using their names.But money will come only if one of them actually signs the dotted line.Looks like a distant dream.

Meanwhile DP sports a slightly oriental look in her latest Insta post..A Korean/Chinese collaboration?

https://twitter.com/DeepikaPFC/status/1590337897198424064

Edited by you2 - 1 years ago

I have a feeling Ranbir is gonna play Dev. That can only justify Deepika playing Amrita. Ranbir and Deepika are cast opposite each other and I think she'll be seen only in the flashbacks. Ayan is trying to make modern bollywood version of Bahubali. 😆

Originally posted by Grumpydwarf24

She clearly playing a younger version of that character in a flashback. Lol 

Perceptions matter. These are odd choices. Isn't she playing SRK's mother in Jawaan too 

Originally posted by semantic.error

Perceptions matter. These are odd choices. Isn't she playing SRK's mother in Jawaan too 

Don’t think so ! 

The second part doesn’t need Ranbir and Alia. They can just show Dev and Amrita.