Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

PC's answer was so weak considering the question where literally they asked, "Who do you consider to be the most successful woman living in the world today?"

As the answer she said, Mother Teresa. It was a WTF answer considering Mother Teresa was not alive by then. šŸ¤Ŗ  They asked with prudence using phrases like 'alive', and 'today', so she was supposed to be discreet about it. Hence I won't be  surprised if she winning the crown was really rigged.

priya185 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Are you serious?! Her final answer was, ā€œLIVING person who inspires her or somethingā€ and she said ā€œMother Teresa!ā€ 

Who was dead for 3 years by 2000. smiley37smiley37

you just want to make a mountain out of a molehill 

I explained my point of view no need to ridicule if you disagree

Miss India is about confidence and eloquence 

even Manushi answered "Which profession should receive the highest salary in the world?"  Since I am very close to my mother, I think that a mother deserves the highest respect.  

A mother is not a profession

so why are you only targeting Priyanka

Edited by priya185 - 1 years ago
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: priya185

you just want to make a mountain out of a molehill 

I explained my point of view no need to ridicule if you disagree

Miss India is about confidence and eloquence 

even Manushi answered "Which profession should receive the highest salary in the world?"  Since I am very close to my mother, I think that a mother deserves the highest respect.  

A mother is not a profession

so why are you only targeting Priyanka

Lmaooo. Ok, as you say. šŸ˜†šŸ˜† And I am ā€œtargetingā€ PC b/c the title of the topic is about PC. Not Manushi Chillar & am not in the habit of bringing other people into a conversation centred around a specific individual. Iā€™ve often said how stupid & ridiculous Chillarā€™s answer was too. She didnā€™t deserve her win.šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 1 years ago
atominis thumbnail

It is true. Manushi did not deserve to win. 

I homestly feel Harnaaz and Manushi were given these titles due to waning craze for pageants in India and give fresh boost to beauty market here. Harnaaz is still articulate. Manushi is neither that pretty nor that well spoken.

I honestly never found any winner from India as good as Sush, Ash and Lara who were all articulate women, had good looks, height, aura, stage presence and candour. 

atominis thumbnail

Is it? But I do think there is a bit of sexism also in the hate for her.

I am not saying she is a saint or nice person and I do think it is quite a feat for an actor to marry into British Royal family. And she could not have done so purely being innocent or nice girl.

Still the floodgate of hate for her does seem to reek of some bias somewhere or perhaps no one can digest how she got the position she did. 

I agree with you on PC. Her parents too seemed very competitive from day one. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Originally posted by: ffkhan

PC's answer was so weak considering the question where literally they asked, "Who do you consider to be the most successful woman living in the world today?"

As the answer she said, Mother Teresa. It was a WTF answer considering Mother Teresa was not alive by then. šŸ¤Ŗ  They asked with prudence using phrases like 'alive', and 'today', so she was supposed to be discreet about it. Hence I won't be  surprised if she winning the crown was really rigged.

Was the tournament fixed ? 

atominis thumbnail

Glad someone finally said it. Most of these pageants are rigged and nothing more than propaganda to exploit young men and women, promote beauty products, fashion industry, plastic surgeons, botox, dentists, cosmetologists etc who run industry fixing your looks to fit in so called beauty standards, push political propaganda and also sell a certain lifestyle and promote cultural imperialism as the best English speaker generally scores best in Q and A rounds. 

Pageants are not here to honour so called talent or beauty or give anyone a platform or do social work. They are marketing gimmick and TRP game.

Only we are fooled into believing they represent a nation or make them proud. They only promote ageism and body shaming, unhealthy standards for looks. 

Some of them are sexual exploitation racket too with contestants ready to sleep with judges or organisers to win at any cost or make it to finals. 

ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Was the tournament fixed ? 

That's all the topic is about, isnā€™t it?šŸ¤”

atominis thumbnail

This video was explosive though and exposed a LOT on how pageant and beauty industry works. 

She is right about PC getting skin lightened and all those sponsors influencing results of pageants or how plastic surgeons and spas sponsor pageants.

Whole industry is a sham.

I do remember Zee promoting PC a lot then. She got specials on herself before final result on Zee news. She and her dad were invited to Antakshri and Sa re Ga Ma also. 

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

all beauty contests were tilted towards india (biased, rigged whatever) after the 90s when india won a slew of them, 

this was because they realised they had a huge audience here and so viewership, also the indian audience had very to no exposure to tv, shows etc. so were taken in by all this and thought this was some huge accomplishment 

i remember following all the contestants in miss india and all the competitions religously, post 2000, once entertainment industry boomed and everything opened up, the true face of these things came out, ppl had other things to watch and now nobody cares about them