Posted: 2 days ago

I strongly stay clear of masala cinema but it was my fetish to horror genre that I'd say got me sucked into this vortex of madness called Laxmii


(edit) There are few others but they are web series . Not as bad but did have moderate amount of cringey elements .

Edited by Mr.Abrol - 2 days ago
Posted: 2 days ago

Originally posted by Mr.Abrol


I strongly stay clear of masala cinema but it was my fetish to horror genre that I'd say got me sucked into this vortex of madness called Laxmii


(edit) There are few others but they are web series . Not as bad but did have moderate amount of cringey elements .

 

Recommend me your top 5 horror please. I feel like I’ve watched every horror under the sun. 

Posted: 2 days ago
Originally posted by FingerFetish


 

Recommend me your top 5 horror please. I feel like I’ve watched every horror under the sun. 

I surmise sci-fi horror wouldn't be your cup of tea so my top 5 recommended would be from classic horrors (i.e. a supernatural spooky evil lurking in creepy settings) , namely these :


Evil Dead (I & II) 

Exorcist series

Raat

Possession Of Emily Rose

Drag Me To Hell


But it is very likely you might have watched popular ones like above , so next 5 would be these (not necessarily classic horror) :


Jeepers Creepers

Death Becomes Her

Dead Silence

Initial ones from Scary movie series

Mirrors


Some other ok mentions -  Descent , Omen , Van Helsing , Jennifer's Body , Bram Stoker Dracula , Ghoul , Wrong Turn , Hills Have Eyes , American Werewolf In London , some found footage ones like Rec. , Paranormal Activity , Quarantine etc.


Mind you almost all are from pre-2010 since after that began my long term hiatus .


Now will you mind returning the favour by quoting your top 10 ones (especially post 2010 if possible) ?

Posted: 2 days ago

Originally posted by Mr.Abrol


I surmise sci-fi horror wouldn't be your cup of tea so my top 5 recommended would be from classic horrors (i.e. a supernatural spooky evil lurking in creepy settings) , namely these :


Evil Dead (I & II) 

Exorcist series

Raat

Possession Of Emily Rose

Drag Me To Hell


But it is very likely you might have watched popular ones like above , so next 5 would be these (not necessarily classic horror) :


Jeepers Creepers

Death Becomes Her

Dead Silence

Initial ones from Scary movie series

Mirrors


Some other ok mentions -  Descent , Omen , Van Helsing , Jennifer's Body , Bram Stoker Dracula , Ghoul , Wrong Turn , Hills Have Eyes , American Werewolf In London , some found footage ones like Rec. , Paranormal Activity , Quarantine etc.


Mind you almost all are from pre-2010 since after that began my long term hiatus .


Now will you mind returning the favour by quoting your top 10 ones (especially post 2010 if possible) ?

 

Oh thank you for the list. There’s like 2-3 movies that I haven’t watched so I’ll add them to my stash. My top recommended horror films that you haven’t mentioned already include:  

  • The Conjuring 
  • The Conjuring 2
  • Lights Out
  • Annabelle Creation
  • The Blair Witch Project 
  • The Witch
  • Hereditary 
  • Smile
  • The Visit
  • Dabbe: The Possession
  • Sinister 
  • Invidious 
  • 1920

If you like zombie films then I strongly recommend 

  • Train to Busan

Great thrillers in include 

  • Fractured
  • The Invisible Man
  • Gone Girl
  • The Others
  • The Gift
  • Hush
  • It Follows
  • Shutter Island
  • Before I go to sleep

Related Topics

doc-text Topics pencil Author stackexchange Replies eye Views clock Last Post Reply
Song teaser - looking fwd to the full song

pencil mintyblue   stackexchange 3   eye 370

mintyblue 3 370 2 months ago altgr
Guess the Bollywood song from the image/still of the song.

pencil divya_shah   stackexchange 16   eye 2016

divya_shah 16 2016 4 months ago Alexpaal
Who love this song probably last year for a proper melody kind of song

pencil Arsalan_khan   stackexchange 0   eye 319

Arsalan_khan 0 319 5 months ago Arsalan_khan
This song was so beautiful, i guess best song from Indian tv shows

pencil Arsalan_khan   stackexchange 46   eye 3594

Arsalan_khan 46 3594 5 months ago The_Best
Recently Seen Movie #13

pencil WildestDreams   stackexchange 79   eye 7079

WildestDreams 79 7079 2 days ago allizzwell

Topic Info

6 Participants 10 Replies 705Views

Topic started by greenletters

Last replied by Lostsoul11

loader
loader
up-open TOP