atominis thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Any films or songs that you find therapeutic, comforting and that motivated you or made you feel validated, something to relate to, or just smile and take mind off everything else?

I always watch clips of AAA and Golmaal when I feel down and it makes me smile and take me back to simpler times.

I also refer to Mahabharat scene from Jaane bhi do yaaron and it makes me laugh no matter how upset I am.

I felt TZP, 3I were extremely cathartic and I could relate to them as I had lost a classmate to suicide due to teachers and parents and I have a cousin with a speech disorder who was compelled to leave traditional school. Those films made trauma of students validated and felt nice to see pain of youngsters being finally acknowledged, far from caricature portrayal of students as all fun loving and no worries. 

What are films, songs you find affecting you in a way that makes you feel validated, relate to, heal, inspired, motivated? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Newbird thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

The song/music which distracts me from the stress or makes me smile it changes on daily basis.. Like yesterday I suddenly came across this instrumental in YouTube i felt so destressed listening to it and  my mood changed from low to happy mood.. #The power of music ðŸ˜Ž:

https://youtu.be/LkpqwPGLD9g

Newbird thumbnail
Originally posted by: Newbird

The song/music which distracts me from the stress or makes me smile it changes on daily basis.. Like yesterday I suddenly came across this instrumental in YouTube i felt so destressed listening to it and  my mood changed from low to happy mood.. #The power of music ðŸ˜Ž:

https://youtu.be/LkpqwPGLD9g

Btw just to add... this instrumental was going viral on insta yesterday. 

FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Not BW, but "I will survive" by Gloria Gaynor always motivates to pull myself together and to never put up with emotional abuse from anyone 😇

NatkhatPyare thumbnail

This one song has helped me quite a few times. 

https://youtu.be/7zVGbHW3eM4 

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Matti ke parindey. 

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

The Gael from The Last of the Mohicans will be played on my funeral 

Jazzkapur thumbnail

There r many songs n movies which makes me happy n motivated. Like bolo har har song from shivaay, comedy movies like hungama, khichdi, dhamaal etc n feel good movies like ye Jawani hai deewani. N songs like aye udi udi from saathiya r so feel good songs