Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: myviewprem

Nandini (means ash hubby) was not a vassal king. Hes treasurer of cholas like munishi is to landlord or finance minister in modern times. Hes not at all a king or royal. Like Raja Birbal or Raja todarmal both are not royal or kings. Same way nandini husband is not a real king or royal. 

Not sure why kundavai hates nandini. But nandini hates cholas may be because shes not allowed to marry aditya karikalan as shes also not a royal 

Nandini's husband is both a vassal king and the Treasurer. Nandini is referred throughout as Pazhavoor Rani. Her husband's kingdom had been amalgamated to the Chola Empire generations ago. But he still retains his kingly privilege (as evidenced by the use of his insignia -the palm trees). His ancestors have always been the Right Hands of the Chola Empires. His service as the Treasurer is an additional duty.

Nandini hates the Chola Dynasty because of a number of reasons. Some of which is explained in PS-1 -such as not being allowed to marry Aditya Karikalan and being forcibly packed off by Kundavai and her Great-Aunt, the death of someone precious at the hand of Aditya Karikalan etc. Other reasons will be revealed in PS-2.

Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: pathaka

Well, I guess that’s the art making a film franchise 

Disclosing enough information to care and invest in the characters (and hence the drama)

But withholding the right information to maintain intrigue 

That balance wasn’t there imo…

@capricorn

And yes highs and lows …building up to a crucial point :.,it’s basic screenplay writing …and I’ve already detailed how said filmmakers (slb etc) for example establish drama or payoff …

And as I already said, if there are so many characters that it’s impossible to properly etch , then that’s a limitation they have to workaround… not expect the audience to “adjust and workaround” it 

Bhansali makes simple love stories, Bahubali was simple action saga (there were just 9 charachters in it with screen space devoted to only 5 of them) 

PS 1 is neither a simple story nor is it a love story. It is a political intrigue story told in two parts. The mystery or conspiracy  is in the charachters development and background, if you tell about them now then what is going to be there in part 2 

Most importantly as I mentioned plot device is 3rd person narration of a stranger to the characters 

It’s not a regular story that starts in Aditya Nandini Kundavai childhood and develops into adulthood. It starts with Nandini amassing power to get back at Cholas so the back story of charachters will only come later 

you are not expected to be invested in Nandini at this point or Adithya Karikalan or even Arulmozhi. At this point in the movie the only guy you need care for is our hero vandhiyathevan. Your journey is not supposed to be independent of him

It is through him your journey will happen when he gets serious about Arulmozhi’ return you would. When he gets angry for Adithya you would and when he starts respecting Kundavai you would and finally when he understands Nandini you would too

There is no background in the first two books either all the five books have to be read to understand the story, same with the movie 

It’s like that Interstellar movie which begins and goes in reverse and forward reverse and forward till things fall in place only in the end 

it’s a story like a web it’s not a linear story where things would be explained or dumbed down. Audience will have to be patient and go through the entire story to know everything 

Edited by Chiillii - 1 years ago
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

What's the trade figure? BOI has just about reached 400 Cr. 

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mugda

Kundavai was the person who threw out Nandhini from the palace in their teenage period. She was an orphan who was more beautiful than Kundhavai. Kundi didn't want an orphan girl to be the wife of her brother and future queen of the kingdom. Thats the reason she called her mother and threw Nandhini out of the kingdom. Later Nandhini took shelter in Pandiya Kingdom.

Really? 😲😲

Thanks for the update 🤗

I’m now intrigued by the storyline. I guess, I’ll have to read PS books in English to know the whole story. 

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Swetha-Sai

Really? 😲😲

Thanks for the update 🤗

I’m now intrigued by the storyline. I guess, I’ll have to read PS books in English to know the whole story. 

Aditya-Nandini relationship is detailed in Books 1,4 and 5. It is Kundavai's great-aunt the Senior Rani who sends Aish and her foster family away. She has her reasons which will be explained in PS-2. Aditya Karikalan admits that Kundavai was insanely jealous of Nandini's beauty and did her best to separate them also. I rather think he misses the fact that Nandini is as clever as his sister and Kundavai can't stand having an equal in both beauty and brains. They are two similar alpha women. However in Kundavai's favor, the future Emperor needs allies to remain on the Throne ie he has to marry one of the daughters of the Vassal Kings/Chieftains. Otherwise their family will be deposed. According to her, the Royal Princes do not have the luxury of falling in love. But see how Kundavai chooses the meek submissive princess Vanati for her younger brother Arulmozhi Varman. Vanati would never be a threat or have the wits/daring to oppose Kundavai unlike Nandini.

A Chola Prince could have as many wives as possible. But only the children of his first wife could inherit the throne. Not even the Emperor can marry a married woman/widow/divorcee. Aditya Karikalan refusing to marry was his way of rebelling against Kundavai and his Great-Aunt who sent Nandini away.

Edited by capricornrcks - 1 years ago
vemareddy thumbnail

Yes, maniratnam movie taking was amzing...his every movie is like a feel movie, PS-1 is the best movie in his career, there is no so much of VFX..i lik e with out much of vfx in peroidical movie. for more updates visit HYD7AM