Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bleue thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

How much has it earned in hindi? Only a hit in south. 

PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: M.Wheeler

Also, Brahmatra part 1 laid the foundaiom

I am sure part 2 and 3 would perform way better and would emerge profitable for everyone involved

Now please move on 

Are bramhastra comments got deleted from the thread ??? I didnot find any so asking... 😲

I find all comments generic, talking about Rajmaouli and SLB.

My focus for sure is on rajmouli for making RRR with a budget of 650 and which is like a periodic movie and latest joke of calling a movie hit adding all rights to box office and calling it a hit 😆 

PD_forums thumbnail
Originally posted by: Bleue

How much has it earned in hindi? Only a hit in south. 

Even i want to know because Hindi belt it collected 18 to 20 crores net i guess 

but Hindi trade pandits calling it a hit in Hindi 😲

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Errr sorry Don’t agree there …

Ps1 didn’t make huge money because mani ratnam is an ace storyteller ….it made money because he had a preset , already popular story that had hype to begin with. Tamil folk were emotionally attached to the novel and looked at is as an almost legacy and pride …

It worked coz of the story not the story teller 

Despite the fact that he had strong source material, his execution was below par to say the least 

None of the characters got proper establishments…neither were situations built up correctly or given time to marinate , 

Sooo much time is spent on unnecessary scenes ….karthi getting chased around …on songs (that song in the palace with the mahakali dance …why is that even necessary…didn’t seem to add entertainment or value to the story 😒) 

Soo much stuff can be cut to focus on more important meaty stuff …

important aspects like that ash vikram story are glossed over in shabby editing cuts …

.Trisha’s Kundavai is meant to be a highly intelligent woman invoked in politics but we see her for approx 5 scenes where she waltzes in and out without doing much 

.Ash got a good chunk of backstory etc but her beautiful yet emotionally frozen face didn’t convey the nuances the character needed 

And the whole ash and trash face off…so they passive aggressively taunt each others beauty and that’s it? 😳😂….

I don’t even remember jayam Ravi’s performance and he plays the title character 🥲🥲

There is no incentive built to invest in the cholas …or root against their enemies…or root for any character (except maybe karthi but that’s more coz the actor karthi is an adorable cutie half the time) …

…it’s like a sequence of events one after the other narrated with no emotional connect , no highs and no lows in the screenplay (particularly those who haven’t read the novel) …

Cool story bro….don’t care …🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by pathaka - 1 years ago
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: PD_forums

My focus for sure is on rajmouli for making RRR with a budget of 650 and which is like a periodic movie and latest joke of calling a movie hit adding all rights to box office and calling it a hit 😆 

And now they're spending 50 crore more to lobby for Oscars. 🤔

Somehow Rajamouli (may because of Karan Johar spoiling him or what Idk) has started to become this overindulgent filmmaker using gimmicks to sell his movies. I was so so so disappointed in RRR. He at his core is a storyteller. While his films are nothing short of a spectacle, he uses all of that to take the story forward but never the other way around. However, in RRR specially, it was as if he thought of these epic moments and then used them to stitch the story together. It didn't feel organic at all. I really tried to like it or be invested in those characters but couldn't.

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Are bramhastra comments got deleted from the thread ??? I didnot find any so asking... 😲

I find all comments generic, talking about Rajmaouli and SLB.

Please. Let s not pretend . 😵

But here you go-

First page. second post by TM 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5306313

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Comparing the budget and time to rrr and baahubali …really now

rrr and baahubali were action films and has several set pieces and blocks of action….action set pieces take a lot more time , effort and investment to storyboard and shoot / choreograph …it’s very technical work

Baahubali had a 45 min war sequence which forms the entire second half of the first film.

Ps1 is a drama ….and didn’t have bhansaliesque song sequences  ….focus ain’t on the action here either and there were around 2 -3 set pieces of dance and action (which might I add wasn’t very memorable either)….obviously a high budget isn’t necessary if the major portion is sets and costume design ….

Edited by pathaka - 1 years ago
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Originally posted by: M.Wheeler

First page. second post by TM 

Which part of my post did you disagree with?

PD_forums thumbnail
Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

And now they're spending 50 crore more to lobby for Oscars. 🤔

Somehow Rajamouli (may because of Karan Johar spoiling him or what Idk) has started to become this overindulgent filmmaker using gimmicks to sell his movies. I was so so so disappointed in RRR. He at his core is a storyteller. While his films are nothing short of a spectacle, he uses all of that to take the story forward but never the other way around. However, in RRR specially, it was as if he thought of these epic moments and then used them to stitch the story together. It didn't feel organic at all. I really tried to like it or be invested in those characters but couldn't.

I agree he promoted the movie as alluri Sita Rama Raj and another patriotic hero movie. I really thought he is going to show their sacrifice and their story but atleast he just used their names and changed story as his own style which i really didnot like it. 

I am biased towards alluri Sita Rama Raj whose story i read and saw in movies. maybe that is the reasons i was never able to warmup to RRR movie.

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail

I agree he promoted the movie as alluri Sita Rama Raj and another patriotic hero movie. I really thought he is going to show their sacrifice and their story but atleast he just used their names and changed story as his own style which i really didnot like it. 

I am biased towards alluri Sita Rama Raj whose story i read and saw in movies. maybe that is the reasons i was never able to warmup to RRR movie.

Oh I didn't know that. He should probably have just made a fictionalized account instead of basing it on real life characters.

But for me that wasn't the problem, since I was not familiar with their real life stories. As a neutral audience also he couldn't make it a compelling watch. Yes there were a few awesome moments in the film; especially the well-choreographed action sequences with good VFX. But I cannot sit thru a three hour film just for that when I wasn't even invested in the characters.