Bollywood Fights - Aamir vs Srk 🏆🏆 WINNER - SRK 🏆🏆 - Page 4

Poll

Bollywood Fights - Aamir vs Srk

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
JayaBachan thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
This content was originally posted by: kingkhan22

he once called Salman ULLO KA PATTHA on stage when Salman was reluctant to get up to get award for best SUPPORTING actor for kkhh coz he was NOT he just had an extended cameo in kkhh

If this doesn’t make you a SRK fan, I don’t know what will. πŸ€£πŸ€£

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Heisenberg17 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: atominis

Atleast Aamir maintains dignity as an artiste and does not dance at weddings like a bh*nd for a fee nor attends parties for a fee.

And his films have more to offer than play 10 different types of lover boy.

Of course SRK is better spoken and more in media, not reclusive as Aamir, bashes others all day in name of humour, so offers more likeable timepass. 

So people who perform at weddings for a fee are bh*nds in your view? very enlightening, and pray tell us, what is undignified about that?

Aamir maintaining dignity as an artist, right, the guy stripped himself naked for a movie. πŸ˜†

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: FlyOnTheWall

Ye dono ka fight mein kisko supply kiye the πŸ˜†

A "fight" between these two because of THIS? I thought, media/fans made a fight out of this. SRK gave a befitting reaction by stating that his dog refused to get named Amir (he knew that he wasn't meant to lick Amir's feet). For me, it's colleague's banter (or taking a - not tasteful - dig), but since looooong, media (and some fans) like to grab the chance to create controversy where there isn't.

I prefer to think that they may not LIKE each other but still respect the work the other does as they work in the same professional field (although with a different approach).

I admit that SRK can be cheeky (even nasty or sarcastic at times) but I won't judge him because of things he says that makes me think "boy oh boy, where was the need to drop that clanger". There is much more positive about this man than negative - and interestingly, he is rather outspoken about his competition spirit, his greed, his flaws (which I didn't notice, Amir did/does).

Lack of respect against elders/senior colleagues is something I wouldn't associate with SRK (and I don't think that those elders/seniors do that regarding how they treat him with genuine fondness).

Dignity as an actor and a man is something that often grows with more maturity and I think, SRK did a very fine work on this field (which I don't feel that Amir has in the same positive way).

When it comes to SRK and Amir, my liking for their persona is definitely more on ShahRukh's side, but I can understand people easily finding negative things to support their opinion when they really dislike one of them.

No human being is flawless...it's the own choice what one favours to emphasise...

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
atominis thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Aamir seems fake 

but yes lots of Srk films have him going after an already engaged woman πŸ˜‚ all his classics. Still

Enjoyable tho 

Aamir is real and his controversies and blunt opinions, actual feelings for others are there to see for anyone. He does not pretend to be people's person or diplomatic at all. This is why he gets into controversies. He is only one to openly call out Yash Chopra for lying and narrating different versions of Darr script to him and Sunny, call out bias of awards and editors of film magazines, call Mahesh Bhatt unprofessional and openly say he had low opinion of Shobhaa De who was biggest film media editor of that time. He is also only one to call Modi a mass murderer after Gujarat riots. 

Had the man been fake he would not be so blunt.

His only fakery I see is his attempt to pass off as a crusader or expert on social causes and all issues of nation. In reality he is hardly aware of all issues in as much detail as he pretends to take up in his films, ads, TV show. 

But it worked for him because he was he was suffering dent in image after divorce with Reena, legally dissociating with his father, issues with brother, that love child with Jessica Hines and link ups to everyone from Preity to Barkha Dutt. His films as conventional romantic lead were not working and he was finding it hard to carve niche.

This is why it worked as best strategy for him to do films on social issues or emotional issues or patriotic issues and form his own brand as a thinking viewer's hero. It worked and his films like RDB, TZP, Lagaan, Dangal, 3I, PK, Peepli Live, Secret Superstar etc are indeed quality cinema compared to commercial fare BW has.  And SMJ was a good educational initiative too. 

A lot of older or educated class people like him and youth also like him for taking issues like pressure on youth in his films. So he has been clever in cleaning his image and distinguishing his brand, extending longevity of his career, making up for lack of height, solid voice, sex appeal or obvious onscreen charisma  and his own mostly reclusive nature and inability to interact much with media, fans or do PR or do other things like stage shows or concerts, photo shoots and parties that stars do.

I would credit him for knowing his weaknesses and working on his own terms and knowing pulse of audience and society. He is the most unconventional superstar and his records later are unexpected turnaround for someone and inspiration for anyone who hopes to do better despite setbacks and disillusionment earlier in career or work own way at later age and succeed with it. 

For an introvert type with poor social skills, overbearing nature, emotional instability, fear of failure, hyper perfectionism and someone who has issues with everyone, Aamir has shown remarkable success. Otherwise such lot even find it hard to get work let alone succeed. 

Aamir has often taken breaks many times as he gets derailed if something happens that makes it hard for him to focus on work. I like his ability to accept his vulnerability and mental health issues. 

In that sense I find SRK to be MUCH MORE resilient, articulate and a better manager, communicator, crisis manager than Aamir ever was. 

Aamir has brought back importance of content and trying new concepts in cinema. His films are classics especially since Lagaan. While films of others, barring 2-3 flicks are timepass fare that are already outdated. Aamir is versatile and not tied to an image, which is good. His viewer never knows what next surprise he will throw. It cannot be said of many other actors in Indian cinema who remain one trick ponies all life even at 70 or 80. 

Edited by atominis - 1 years ago
atominis thumbnail

Yes they are. I am glad Ajay Devgan once said it bluntly that this is like doing mujra.

It is shameful to attend parties or dance at weddings for a fee. Earlier stars were dignified and never ever danced at weddings or attended weddings or parties for a fee. 

Even later many stars still kept dignity. Even someone like Smriti Irani REFUSED to attend weddings and parties for a fee when when she used to be invited by bigwigs during her peak popularity days as Tulsi. 

Aamir did not do cheap scenes when he was naked in PK. Real stripping and doing any type of scene for money was done by SRK in Maya Memsaab. 

He appeared in a towel with Saif on Filmfare stage for a cheap act too. Anything for money. No class or dignity in public despite such a huge star. Amitabh, Rajesh, Vinod, Dharam, Raj, Dilip, Dev, would not even be caught dead doing such acts on stage. Earlier stars had dignity.

Heisenberg17 thumbnail

Yes they are. I am glad Ajay Devgan once said it bluntly that this is like doing mujra.

It is shameful to attend parties or dance at weddings for a fee. Earlier stars were dignified and never ever danced at weddings or attended weddings or parties for a fee. 

Even later many stars still kept dignity. Even someone like Smriti Irani REFUSED to attend weddings and parties for a fee when when she used to be invited by bigwigs during her peak popularity days as Tulsi. 

Aamir did not do cheap scenes when he was naked in PK. Real stripping and doing any type of scene for money was done by SRK in Maya Memsaab. 

He appeared in a towel with Saif on Filmfare stage for a cheap act too. Anything for money. No class or dignity in public despite such a huge star. Amitabh, Rajesh, Vinod, Dharam, Raj, Dilip, Dev, would not even be caught dead doing such acts on stage. Earlier stars had dignity.

Well that simply exposes his classist/casteist mentality, just the way you exposed your classist/casteist mentality by talking about bh*nds.  Well done.πŸ˜†

Since you brought up this "dignity" nonsense, I don't see how Aamir stripping himself naked for money for a film is any more "dignified" than anyone else doing it.  πŸ˜†

They all dance like monkeys in movies for money for an audience anyway, how is that any different to "bh*nds", as you put it? πŸ€‘ and why is charging for your services undignified if there is a demand for it? 

Which century are we living in again? πŸ˜†

NoraSM thumbnail

The culture of actors and artists performing for an audience ages back to ancient history. I wonder, what's so undignified about an entertainer entertaining their audience?

I believe his/her highness never had to come down from their ivory tower to see the real world, why don't we go out and touch some grass, Unless, that's beneath His/her grace? 

PS - Spare me the essay, I am not going to read it anyway. 

Edited by NoraSM - 1 years ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

There is an important difference between Amir and SRK as an actor:

Amir professionally is an actor (and "only" an actor) - SRK professionally is an actor, but also an actor, not "only" an actor.

When Amir was younger, he also went on stage for entertainment (shows) but he quickly noticed that this did not suit him as he is not what one calls a people's man.

SRK interestingly has chosen to become a people's man although it goes against what he feels as his short-comings. He became an entertainer, one who tries to make people smile, people in front of him...one who wanted to be wanted, to be liked, even loved, but in a somehow distant way (although not relative to hugs and hand-touching). And boy, he has honed this craft.

So, there is NO competition - in my eyes - between Amir and SRK...the competition is an artificial one, not an artistic one.

As for going on stage on weddings/parties and/or entertaining the guests, that has nothing to do with the "dignity of an actor", but with the remuneration of an entertainer one hires. It's part of SRK's job-profile...like it is part of this profile to host - in an entertaining way - award shows, be a guest at TV shows, host KBC the way he did, interact with media by doing interview-marathons etc.

atominis thumbnail

Of course dignity appears to be nonsense to fans of a star who never had any himself and single handedly ruined public persona of artistes.

Amused to see SRK fans cry classism or casteism when they themselves bashed Salman as a low brow star of masses or called his fans rickshawwalas and used to mock Aamir, Salman and others as local stars and bragged about SRK as a global star as if India or Indian audience were inconsequential. 🀣

Hypocrisy  is laughable here.

SRK fans also used to mock other actors for being dropouts and SRK being highly educated. Was it not classist? 

A man who has mostly played rich NRI and whose fans also brag about his net worth or global fame, now his fans talking of classism or casteism is a joke.

NoraSM thumbnail

Can someone close the portal?