🏏South Africa vs India - 1st ODI - Lucknow - Today at 1:30 PM IST🏏 - Page 3

Posted: 1 years ago

Here's VVS Laxman, who was seen having an animated chat with the umpires a little while back: I think it has worked so far (covering for Rahul Dravid). It started during the Ireland series. With so much of cricket and the Indian team busy, it is important to cover for Rahul. The best part is the bench strength that we have. All are wanting to make a mark for themselves. Abundance of talent, all of them are looking forward to perform well. Every opportunity is what these youngsters look for. The talent in the batting department, we are spoilt for choices. The selectors are going to have a tough decision next year (for the ODI World Cup). It is an opportunity for the youngsters. Won't consider this as second string side, they haven't always got the chance, but they are proven match-winners. Everyone is eagerly looking forward to this series.

For India, the players who are not part of WC T20 are playing ODI but for SA, the same team is playing ODI😕 Won't they get exhausted for WC🤔

The umpires are standing close to the man pitch, and busy chatting while looking at the state of the ground. There is no update yet about the toss, as the covers hover around one of the boundaries, as if the ground staff is expecting that they might be on again anytime.

"Apart from waiting for the match, I have been busy with a presentation at work (working in Belgium, hopefully none of my colleague check Cricinfo)" --- Be careful Hari, lest eyes and ears around you are fully functioning

Originally posted by Savera84

Yes, these winning points do count towards Super League for South Africa and India has automatically qualified because they will be the tournament hosts next year which you already know.😊

Cheers..

I am not aware of this! 

Thank you, Raji, for sharing this information. 🤗

15:00 Local Time, 09:30 GMT: The players are warming-up, it does look good for the toss, but we might lose a few more overs now.

15:15 Local Time, 09:45 GMT: We have a new toss time and it's tentatively scheduled for 3:30 pm. Play is expected to start at 3:45 and will be a 40-over match now

15:00 Local Time, 09:30 GMT: The players are warming-up, it does look good for the toss, but we might lose a few more overs now.

Related to women cricket , how uae included in Asia cup 😆

Sawdust is being spread close to one of the boundaries, with the ground staff still in active mode.

3.14pm The toss is for 3.30pm, reports Nikhil. But given the state of the weather, who knows? Play begins at 3.45pm, and both innings will be of 40 overs each. These are the powerplay overs, assuming there aren't further changes: 8, 24 and 8. One bowler bowls maximum of eight overs.

Originally posted by Medha_Sree

Related to women cricket , how uae included in Asia cup 😆

Emirates, is a country in Western Asia . It is located at the eastern end of the Arabian Peninsula and shares borders with Oman and Saudi Arabia, while having maritime borders in the Persian Gulf with Qatar and Iran. 

The coin has finally fluttered... as India win the toss and bowl first. Dhawan sees moisture in the pitch, and so makes his choice. He jokes about mentioning the entire XI at the toss, and says Gaikwad debuts.