Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

There is NO comparison of Benegal and actors like Om Puri and Naseer to champus of today who have not even 1% talent and versatility 

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Originally posted by: atominis

Did they not wear those wooden type chappals? Were leather sandals there in Ramayana era? 

Take a look at this. Article says footwear was not part of icons because of sacred nature (or something similar) although I'm not sure what it means.

It also says Indus period deemphasized covering below knee, which would explain the short skirts on icons. In vedic period, covering extended below knee.

Thanks for starting the discussion. This is an interesting topic.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:9e1fe0b1-4bb9-3896-a665-268eda69af28

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

But Saif is NOT wearing crown in any scene in promo at all and neither has gold palace that Ravana is supposed to have. Saif was not shown with crown in any scene yet. His castle is also jet black. Where is sone ki Lanka? 

I'm not defending Adipurush ðŸ˜². Did I give you that impression? I'm saying none of the shows ever bother to do proper research. 

atominis thumbnail

Okay sorry. I thought you were talking in context of Adipurush. I agree with general lack of research and often blindly copying ACK, calendar art or art of painters or mixing them with Greek or Roman or Japanese samurai warrior look lifted from some HW film. 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

There is NO comparison of Benegal and actors like Om Puri and Naseer to champus of today who have not even 1% talent and versatility 

And Salim Ghouse 

My My! That voice and his dialog delivery!

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Not just Hindu epics. In recent years they have messed up everything from past. Award winning film Chaar Sahibzaade was slammed for showing Guru Gobind Singh's mother and children as fair skinned, almost light eyed, or in pose like Mother Mary and Baby Jesus. 

In recent years some serials have also misrepresented culture, history and looks of medieval era rulers, British rule era as well. Foolishly showing them like Greek, Roman, Japanese warriors. 

Even they weren't fair skinned and blue eyed as portrayed in Euopean art

They were Middle Eastern people and lived, worked and walked across the desert 

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Originally posted by: BettyA1

Even they weren't fair skinned and blue eyed as portrayed in Euopean art

They were Middle Eastern people and lived, worked and walked across the desert 

They were brown people. Working class brown people at that. Callused and weather beaten most likely.

Not the brown haired, blue eyed aristocrats showing up in western art. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I seriously feel all the producers and directors in Bollywood have lost their brains.

Don’t they have the common sense that this is 2022. That audience has access and seen almost movies released till date across the world, specially during the 3 years of pandemic as there was no new content being made.

Om Raut is an idiot or blind that he is not able to see what he has made

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Pakistani tv serial dramas are best these days https://youtu.be/AltlEEVRAeI

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

BTW I was shocked to see Saif's palace in promo. Ravan lived in Sone ki Lanka and literally his palace was built of gold and so was his kingdom. How the hell did makers show a dark dingy castle of black colour belonging to Ravan? 

Where is the palace and kingdom of gold? And where is Ravan's janeu? Ravan is a Brahmin, no? Saif is not wearing janeu. Why? 

You are right about BRC Mahabharat which makes people still believe Draupadi laughed at Duryodhan and called him andhe ka putra andha which led to her vastraharan later.

Sagars also showed same scene in Sri Krishna. It is believed by many who blame Draupadi for own cheerharan. 

I believe you guys should have a look at this video:

https://youtu.be/p84n0MwZp6c 

So many things I wasn't aware about the animated movie. Mad respect for the Japanese creator (Also, Shaan, for a change, is veey respectful here).