Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Costumes are chosen on basis of shlokas from epics. Ramayana mentions Ravana wearing crown and jewels. 

So it is not just ACK comics here.

A TV channel had dissected Adipurush promo based on description of characters in epics. 

atominis thumbnail

Even the versions like Siya ke Ram and new Ramayan with Gurmeet and Debina, which I did not like earlier, seem better than thia shit.

Prabhas has no look of calm, poise, patient character that Lord Rama is supposed to be. He is in same old aggressive Bahubali mode. And not the calmness and courage Lord Rama is supposed to have. 

Saif nowhere looks like Lord Shiva devotee, scholar who composed Shiv Tandav Stotra. He just looks like some invader or rapist or serial abductor or human trafficker.

I missed Dara Singh, Arun Govil, Dipika, Arvind ji like crazy after seeing this promo and also missed Gurmeet, Debina and Siya ke Ram cast. I mean this is so bad that every previous version of Ramayana seems infinitely better.

I am shocked to see Vaanar sena reduced to bunch of gorillas like Planet of Apes. 

Edited by atominis - 1 years ago
Lostsoul11 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: guenhwyvar

Mistake 1 was casting Prabhas. He can’t act even if his life requires him to. That too as Ram. He would have been stellar as a monkey. 

Mistake 2 was keeping all those costumes. Fire whoever is in charge of costume design and find someone who understands the epic. 

Mistake 3 was using too much VFX and CGI. The film requires it, but it’s like Goldilocks’ porridge. It can’t be too less and it can’t be too much … it has to be just right. 

Pathetic casting of Ram,Ravan, Sita, Laxman & Hanuman

Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

OP:  In my opinion, The topic should be why ruin Hindu epics. No one will ever dare to make a movie with scriptures/verses/ books from any other community. 

And I really hope they follow the same with our Hindu  Scriptures. We don't need to see Ramayan and Mahabharat with a Game of Thrones template. 

Edited by Dimdim - 1 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail
Originally posted by: atominis

Costumes are chosen on basis of shlokas from epics. Ramayana mentions Ravana wearing crown and jewels. 

So it is not just ACK comics here.

A TV channel had dissected Adipurush promo based on description of characters in epics. 

Wearing crown doesn't mean he's constantly wearing one. Wearing a crown ceremonially doesn't mean he walks around with it. He certainly can't fight battles wearing jewelry.

Which is what ACK portrays and so do the shows.  

And yeah, our show version of armor and chariots is laughable 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
atominis thumbnail

They did not dress like Greek, Roman or Mongol or Japanese warriors either.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Shyam Benegal in his inimitable style brought realistic touch to epics and historical characters in "Bharat Ek Khoj" 

i mean it has a docudrama feel to it and feels quite slow by today's standards, even for the 90s but it looks realistic, performances are natural and even the sets and costumes makes you believe this is how they must have dressed and lived 

https://youtu.be/csJyDfBBAEU

https://youtu.be/RnLWwkkezwA

https://youtu.be/9jYZ3nlStzQ

https://youtu.be/SHyqOHyylUE

guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Lostsoul11

Pathetic casting of Ram,Ravan, Sita, Laxman & Hanuman

I had to rewatch this because I didn’t even see Hanuman. I thought it was a CGI monkey 😆😆🤣

🙈 🙉 🙊 

Update 1: He looks like he’s holding back an enormous shit, but because he’s on the battlefield and next to Ram, he has to hold it in. 🤣🤣

Update 2: I keep zooming into the picture after submitting the new edits. Prabhas’ nostrils can give Aloo a run for money. Look at the size of those melon voids. 

Update 3: LAKSHMAN HAS A LOOFAH BUN HAIRSTYLE THING I think. I thought he had a shield on the back of his head. But then he turned his head in the trailer and it shrank back so it has to be his bum 😆

Edited by guenhwyvar - 1 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail
Originally posted by: atominis

They did not dress like Greek, Roman or Mongol or Japanese warriors either.

Armor is armor everywhere. Its function is to protect from weapons. Chariots have been excavated even in India to show what they're like. 

The closest we have to archeological evidence of social life are the Indus Valley findings. Most of the statues are unclothed, and the jewelry is not elaborate. Fashion from then is thought to have been draped fabric. 

As for fully decked warriors... these were men whose lives depended on winning. They would've been shrewd enough not to weigh themselves down with jewelry and heavy vehicles. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
atominis thumbnail

Never seen any sculpture or carving from past show Indian males have man bun type hair styles or wear Greek or Roman type footwear.