Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

It’s been close to two months since South Africa played their last T20I, against Ireland. A two T20I series that was missing captain Temba Bavuma as well as Kagiso Rabada in the playing XI. And so with even less time left in the T20 World Cup, the Proteas will be led by Temba Bavuma for the three T20Is in India and are expected to start leader of the pace attack, Kagiso Rabada in all three matches.

SoniRita thumbnail

Pitch inspection: "Lovely stadium. Weather pretty good and they say there will be no rain today. As far as the dimensions are concerned the longest hit is straight - 76m. It's around 64-66m square," opines Pommie Mbangwa. "We had three beauties when India played Australia. This one is another. Nice even covering of grass, but it's very very firm. Lots of runs scored on Indian pitches and this is no different. Because there is grass there might be some help with the new ball for pacers up front and there is a bit of dew, so the captains will have a watch. I don't think the captains think much these days, they are comfortable chasing even when they are under pressure, so I expect no different today," adds Ajit Agarkar

average-student thumbnail
Originally posted by: SoniRSippu21

Thanks for tag Madhu di

soniiiiii🤗❤️

SoniRita thumbnail

It's been just over 14 weeks and 3 days since the conclusion of South Africa's previous tour to India, which was shared 2-2 thanks to a wash-out in the final game of that series. With the T20 WC fast approaching, both these sides couldn't have asked for a better opponent to get some much needed game-time, testing and challenging their combinations while at it. In all fairness, India have quite a few concerns in the bowling department which will be one of the key areas Dravid and Co. will look to address over the next three games. South Africa, meanwhile, will be high on confidence after their comprehensive series win against England in July. Skipper Bavuma, who missed out that series due to an injury, is back and will be interesting to see where he slots back given the latest form of Reeza Hendricks at the top.

SoniRita thumbnail

India have won the toss and have opted to field

Yay

Viswasruti thumbnail

India vs South Africa, 1st T20I Live: Pitch report

Nice even covering of grass, but it's very very firm. Lots of runs scored on Indian pitches and this is no different. Because there is grass there might be some help with the new ball for pacers up front and there is a bit of dew, so the captains will have a watch. But most probably, anyone winning the toss will opt to bowl first.

Savera84 thumbnail

India win the coin flip and elect to field first.

SoniRita thumbnail

Hello🤗 will u be able to watch match live?

Viswasruti thumbnail

Bavuma, Rabada return for South Africa

It’s been close to two months since South Africa played their last T20I, against Ireland. A two T20I series that was missing captain Temba Bavuma as well as Kagiso Rabada in the playing XI. And so with even less time left in the T20 World Cup, the Proteas will be led by Temba Bavuma for the three T20Is in India and are expected to start leader of the pace attack, Kagiso Rabada in all three matches.

SoniRita thumbnail

Rohit: We are gonna bowl first. It was a good wicket when we played here last time. Bit of green covering but it's gonna be a good batting track. Very critical to continue to do what you're doing and keep that momentum in this format. Very healthy atmosphere in the group and we also want to make sure to tick all the boxes and so far we have been doing good and we just want to continue to do that. Hardik and Bhuvi are rested from the last series. Pant and Arshdeep come in for them. Bumrah and Chahal miss out. Deepak chahar and Ashwin are back.

Edited by SoniRSippu21 - 1 years ago