Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 1 years ago

4 stars - The News Minute

Ponniyin Selvan review: Mani Ratnam’s epic is true to the spirit of Kalki’s novel

The film does not try to amplify any aspect of the novel unnecessarily to fit a narrative that might be the flavour of the season. In fact, it downplays the praise that Kalki lavished on the Chola dynasty.

Part One ends at an interesting point in the story, with the hint of a major plot twist. This isn’t a film that you can watch lazily; you have to make the connections, catch the inferences, and join the dots. But it won’t feel like hard work at all if you immerse yourself in its universe – the rewards are plenty.

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/ponniyin-selvan-review-mani-ratnam-s-epic-true-spirit-kalki-s-novel-168438

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail

‘Ponniyin Selvan: I’ review: A deeply respectful adaptation of a Tamil literary classic

https://scroll.in/reel/1033699/ponniyin-selvan-i-review-a-deeply-respectful-adaptation-of-a-tamil-literary-classic

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail

Times Now - Mani Ratnam delivers a riveting period war drama with strong female characters, nail-biting sequences

Directed by Mani Ratnam, Ponniyin Selvan 1 is a must watch as you will delve deeper into the intriguing plotline of the epic drama.

https://www.timesnownews.com/entertainment-news/ponniyin-selvan-1-movie-review-mani-ratnam-delivers-a-riveting-period-war-drama-with-strong-female-characters-nail-biting-sequences-article-94560508

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

For the first time in years two good movies to choose from. Moviegoers’ dream come true!

PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

My review - 3.5/5 

Movie was good but as it's backdrop is tamilnadu and names are confusing. It will take time for anyone to understand who is who. First half may look slow because of character establishment. And second half took the phase. You need interest in history to watch the movie. If you are expecting commerial movie like BB then you will be disappointed because the movie is very much close to reality, even the sets, customes also. 

Waiting for PS 2 to continue the story.... I will definitely want to watch PS 2.

I recommend the movie to be watched in theatre but donot expect larger than life VFX.

-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: PD_forums

My review - 3.5/5 

Movie was good but as it's backdrop is tamilnadu and names are confusing. It will take time for anyone to understand who is who. First half may look slow because of character establishment. And second half took the phase. You need interest in history to watch the movie. If you are expecting commerial movie like BB then you will be disappointed because the movie is very much close to reality, even the sets, customes also. 

Waiting for PS 2 to continue the story.... I will definitely want to watch PS 2.

I recommend the movie to be watched in theatre but donot expect larger than life VFX.

Im watching it in an hour. I hope I’m not left confused with the tongue twisters. Saw someone saying they were unable to remember all the names.

ETA - Please tell me there will be more of Vikram in the second half. Iv read his screen time is less.

Edited by -PoisonIvy- - 1 years ago
PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: -PoisonIvy-

Im watching it in an hour. I hope I’m not left confused with the tongue twisters. Saw someone saying they were unable to remember all the names.

ETA - Please tell me there will be more of Vikram in the second half. Iv read his screen time is less.

No, it is Karthik show in first half and jayam Ravi and Karthik in second half... Yes Vikram screen time is less

Edited by PD_forums - 1 years ago