Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Ponniyin Selvan 1 Review &box office (400cr movie) (DT Note pg22) - Page 6

-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
This content was originally posted by: semantic.error

A Tamil dubbed film Ponniyin Selvan Part 1 has also been released and the opening is fair for a Tamil dubbed film with a weird name and it may collect 1.50 crore nett plus. This film has opened huge in Tamil Nadu and maybe heading for a 20 crore or even higher day one in that state and there have been very few films going above 20 crore nett in that state.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=7210

The description cracked me up. A Tamil film with a weird name ðŸ˜† 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

StacyStyle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I am so happy for Aish the movie is getting phenomenal response everywhere from the public and critics 

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

People are not posting critics reviews..Is something wrong..

-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: you2

People are not posting critics reviews..Is something wrong..

Most critics and reviewers watched VV first and gave their reviews.

Bharadwaj Rangan has watched the film and liked it. You can find his reviews on YT.

TOI, Hindustan times and a few others have reviewed and given a positive feedback. 

OP - Please post whatever reviews you can find in Hindi. I mostly see Tamil reviews everywhere. 

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Indian Express - 4 stars

Ponniyin Selvan 1 movie review: Mani Ratnam’s largely faithful and brilliant adaptation has no dull moments

Ponniyin Selvan 1 movie review: Mani Ratnam understands Kalki's novel is a mainstream page-turner, so he retains its flavour and neither intellectualises it nor dumbs it down.

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/movie-review/ponniyin-selvan-1-movie-review-mani-ratnams-aishwarya-rai-8182366/lite/

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail

^From that review

I don’t know if anyone other than Mani Ratnam could have done justice to all the hype Kalki created about Nandini Devi. Yes, it is played by Aishwarya Rai, but her scenes are a study in perfectly presenting a character — the seductive music and soft focus are as sensuous as the actor herself. Mani Ratnam has indeed created Kalki’s ‘Maya Mohini’ on screen.

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: -PoisonIvy-

Most critics and reviewers watched VV first and gave their reviews.

Bharadwaj Rangan has watched the film and liked it. You can find his reviews on YT.

TOI, Hindustan times and a few others have reviewed and given a positive feedback. 

OP - Please post whatever reviews you can find in Hindi. I mostly see Tamil reviews everywhere. 

I am really praying that Mani Ratnam makes a comeback.I want this film to do well ,critically and commercially.

-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: you2

I am really praying that Mani Ratnam makes a comeback.I want this film to do well ,critically and commercially.

Same. Poor guy has been working on this for 40 years. Too much pressure on him to deliver . If he screws up, people will kill him. 

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail

3.5 STARS - TOI

Ponniyin Selvan: Part 1 Movie Review : Mani Ratnam's adaptation of Kalki's Ponniyin Selvan is spectacular